Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
COD: Black Ops Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am
Been playing it for hours and must now go to sleep so I canwake up and play it more. I'll keep this short.

-Sniping is slightly more realistic and challenging.

-Tomahawk kicks a**. Need to buy one.

-ASP is great if you work with it. It shoots like a machine pistol (if you can make it) and has no recoil.

-MP5K is still awesome.

-Tactical Insertions are blocked from use in free-for-all, so no boosting!

Goodnight.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:11 am
I can't play it until Friday, and I'll have to get up early to play it before my job interview.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:47 pm
-I don't need no teenage queen, I just want my M14.

-Sticks and Stones is one of the best multiplayer modes of any game ever.

-The single player is extremely fast-paced and epic.

-I really hope my NaNoWriMo doesn't die.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:29 pm
played a bit last night. and really liking it, just that any online match I tried to get into like quit the lobby right away...did the 3mil some players kill it for a few hours?  

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:49 pm
I've had a chance to play Zombies, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to play the level where you can play as Castro, Kennedy, Nixon and McNamara though. And I want to find out how Kennedy is involved in the campaign....

EDIT: So Kennedy might not be involved in the campaign.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 pm
I have yet to even see a glint of what this game is like  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:56 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Same here.

Today, I started playing World at War on my girlfriend's Wii. This has convinced me to never buy an FPS on the Wii ever again. Imagine playing a PC game, except the mouse hovers (shakily), and the buttons are the size of LED bulbs.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Same here.

Today, I started playing World at War on my girlfriend's Wii. This has convinced me to never buy an FPS on the Wii ever again. Imagine playing a PC game, except the mouse hovers (shakily), and the buttons are the size of LED bulbs.
oh, I already know this.

I made the mistake of getting COD 3 on the wii a while back. biggest mistake ever.

anyways world at war is ******** awesome on xbox  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:50 am
I played the zombies mode with Buckner last night. It's extremely fun to blast away at hordes of zombies shambling down a hall with Kennedy and Nixon making witty comments as they slay the undead.

Finished the single player campaign, and it's pretty excellent. Seems a lot longer than MW2's as well.

I can't tell much of a discernible difference between any of the magazine-fed handguns. The 1911, ASP, and CZ75 seem really similar. Same with the Dragunov and WA2000. More research needs to be done.

Also I want an ASP, in real life.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 am
ArmasTermin
I played the zombies mode with Buckner last night. It's extremely fun to blast away at hordes of zombies shambling down a hall with Kennedy and Nixon making witty comments as they slay the undead.

Finished the single player campaign, and it's pretty excellent. Seems a lot longer than MW2's as well.

I can't tell much of a discernible difference between any of the magazine-fed handguns. The 1911, ASP, and CZ75 seem really similar. Same with the Dragunov and WA2000. More research needs to be done.

Also I want an ASP, in real life.
Longer? Really? I beat it in about twenty hours, including a mission and nap in that count. On Veteran. Maybe I've gotten a lot better, but that wasn't that long. Awesome, yes, but not long.

Haven't done d**k with the online, 'cause I can't. But I like the newer design of the maps. Lots more complicated, so ******** snipers.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:52 pm
I beat the campaign today. I beat it in exactly five hours- I started playing at 7:30 this morning and beat it around 12:30. Calling it better than MW2's campaign is like saying a Porsche is better than a Fiat- it doesn't even come close to describing it. The plot is actually pretty good for an FPS game, especially one in the CoD franchise.

I've also had a chance to play Zombies, and I'm impressed by it. I need some practice with it, because I'm not used to the stuff that was added with the three newer WaW maps (I only ever played Nacht Der Untoten, so no teleporter, traps, Perks-a-Cola, etc.), but I'll get there. I can't wait to play the new map with Kennedy and friends on it.

Multiplayer, I haven't had a chance to try yet. So far it looks pretty similar to MW2's multiplayer, so I'm hoping it's not nearly as broken as MW2 was. Considering that people are already selling their copies of it because "you can't be cheap like in MW2", it sounds like it isn't.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I beat the campaign today. I beat it in exactly five hours- I started playing at 7:30 this morning and beat it around 12:30. Calling it better than MW2's campaign is like saying a Porsche is better than a Fiat- it doesn't even come close to describing it. The plot is actually pretty good for an FPS game, especially one in the CoD franchise.

I've also had a chance to play Zombies, and I'm impressed by it. I need some practice with it, because I'm not used to the stuff that was added with the three newer WaW maps (I only ever played Nacht Der Untoten, so no teleporter, traps, Perks-a-Cola, etc.), but I'll get there. I can't wait to play the new map with Kennedy and friends on it.

Multiplayer, I haven't had a chance to try yet. So far it looks pretty similar to MW2's multiplayer, so I'm hoping it's not nearly as broken as MW2 was. Considering that people are already selling their copies of it because "you can't be cheap like in MW2", it sounds like it isn't.

It definitely isn't as cheap as MW2. There's still camping and noob-tubing, but aside from that the really annoying issues have been fixed. Killstreaks and perks are a lot more balanced, there's no Painkiller. I think I already mentioned it but tactical insertion is blocked from FFA so there's no boosting. And since all attachments and camo and callsigns are bought rather than had by kill counts, there's not nearly as much incentive to cheat. One annoyance is in a ground war match, the announcer seems to be constantly calling "enemy/friendly RC-XD incoming" or the same with care package, chopper, etc. Like he won't shut up for five seconds. I think I'll turn down the voice in options.

Pripyat Dawn is right about sniping. You have to place yourself in good positions along with the flow of battle, there really aren't any easily defensible positions that give you a wide view of main thorough-fairs without making an easy target of yourself. I unlocked the L96A1, but am trying to decide if the tiny increase in firepower is worth the huge recoil, large amount of scope sway, and small magazine size. I was liking the Dragunov just fine, and once got two hitmarkers almost right in a row with the L96.  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:02 pm
The only sniper rifle I want is the PSG-1, and I don't feel like going through the trouble of buying all the other rifles if I'm never gonna use them. The only gun I'm dead-set on getting is the G11, and maybe the China Lake.

I keep pointing out inconsistencies with the weapons, though, because half the guns in the game didn't exist in '68.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

It definitely isn't as cheap as MW2. There's still camping and noob-tubing, but aside from that the really annoying issues have been fixed. Killstreaks and perks are a lot more balanced, there's no Painkiller. I think I already mentioned it but tactical insertion is blocked from FFA so there's no boosting. And since all attachments and camo and callsigns are bought rather than had by kill counts, there's not nearly as much incentive to cheat. One annoyance is in a ground war match, the announcer seems to be constantly calling "enemy/friendly RC-XD incoming" or the same with care package, chopper, etc. Like he won't shut up for five seconds. I think I'll turn down the voice in options.

Pripyat Dawn is right about sniping. You have to place yourself in good positions along with the flow of battle, there really aren't any easily defensible positions that give you a wide view of main thorough-fairs without making an easy target of yourself. I unlocked the L96A1, but am trying to decide if the tiny increase in firepower is worth the huge recoil, large amount of scope sway, and small magazine size. I was liking the Dragunov just fine, and once got two hitmarkers almost right in a row with the L96.

I only found one place out of all of the maps where I could effectively camp and snipe from, and that would be the buildings at the ends of the main street in Havana.

Also, the L96 is definitely my sniper rifle of choice. Got a collateral kill with it yesterday.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 pm
I worked with the L96 and PSG1 a little, but can't notice a large difference in power, and the L96 was being horribly inaccurate for me once. It might have just been lag, but I got two direct hits on a standing target and both were completely ignored. Not hit markered, I mean it was as if the bullets flew around them. I really need to give them both more chances, but right now my sniper set is Dragunov and CZ75 with full-auto. The best spots for me are always prone among low brush. Sniping from windows always screws me up, even when I press myself to the back of the wall away from the window, someone always manages to see the tiniest bit of movement. Snow sniping is my favorite. I love all the big snow maps, and put ice camo on most of my guns.

Also tried the camera spike, but it usually ended up distracting me, and I didn't have it doing much except alerting me to people that could be sneaking up on me. But for that I can just use a claymore and actually take them out, too. Without the distraction.

The Olympia shotgun with sleight of hand destroys on small and medium maps. Definitely my favorite shotgun.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff