Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Holy grail of AK,SKS,MOSIN accessories/ russian BDUs Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:34 pm
a ******** magical moment im having here guys.

found a website selling so called "airsoft" (HA bullshiiiit) AK stocks and accessories. FOR EXTREMEMELY CHEAP theres cheap stuff for SKS's and mosins too AND RUSSIAN GEAR

heres the link.
http://www.soviet-military.com/catalog/items-airsoft

my guess is that theyre labeling these parts as airsoft to get around some sort of trade regulation.

because none of the parts on this website are compatible with airsoft whatsoever

they have 45 round bakelite ak74 mags for 28.99 .... JACKPOT (they normally go for like $70+)

real hammers and springs and cosmoline coated parts in airsoft? I dont think so

im glad I found this place mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm
What's so great about the SKS again?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 am
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

It's all the fun of a semi-auto AK, without the price of faggots screaming about how it's illegal, or cranky old guys saying something about traitorious slavshit.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 am
Smokestack Lightning
I dont care for them as much as my ak's, but I know more people in the GGE own SKS's and mosins than ak rifles.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

It's all the fun of a semi-auto AK, without the price of faggots screaming about how it's illegal, or cranky old guys saying something about traitorious slavshit.
Yet it's clip fed instead of detachable mag fed...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

in vietnam, US troops were more worried about victor charlie armed with SKS's than AK's

mainly because the weapon itself forced them into a position where they had to take shots carefully. VC made a lot of US troops into casualties because of it.

you might even say it was it's inability to fire full auto and it's primitive way of loading is what made it effective in untrained hands.

I dont think it's a better weapon by any means, I think of it as sort of a semi auto AK that operates similar to a garand rifle...except cruder  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:12 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

in vietnam, US troops were more worried about victor charlie armed with SKS's than AK's

mainly because the weapon itself forced them into a position where they had to take shots carefully. VC made a lot of US troops into casualties because of it.

you might even say it was it's inability to fire full auto and it's primitive way of loading is what made it effective in untrained hands.

I dont think it's a better weapon by any means, I think of it as sort of a semi auto AK that operates similar to a garand rifle...except cruder
Plus it fires an intermediate cartridge which decreases my respect for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

It fires the same cartridge as an AK, so I don't see how you can even bring that into this.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

so does the AK and most other .mil rifles these days.
intermediate cartridges will still kill you.

just about the only place I believe conventional rifle rounds belong is for a marksman rifle.

the only exception I would probably ever make would be a para FAL as a battle rifle that I wouldnt mind using.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:26 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

you wouldnt believe the amount of retards who have told me that my AK's and AR are illegal and that I need a license for them (facepalms)

most of the old guys around here own some sort of AK,SKS or AR already so its more welcomed than anything.

that and most of the members of SLAK'ers are old guys so im kind of in a minority here.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:36 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Pripyat Dawn
Smokestack Lightning
Everything.

just about the only place I believe conventional rifle rounds belong is for a marksman rifle.

the only exception I would probably ever make would be a para FAL as a battle rifle that I wouldnt mind using.
It's a semi auto rifle that's clip fed and takes intermediates which is why I don't like it.

Don't forget SVT-40 and the .50 Beowulf AR-15.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:46 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning

It's a semi auto rifle that's clip fed and takes intermediates which is why I don't like it.

too many SVT-40 rifles were jamomatics. you only see a few good examples of them that work as intended.

there are far superior semi auto 7.62x54 rifles such as the PSL or Russian TIGR

.50 beowulf is just an odd cartridge. its a manstopper but its too uncommon for my liking.

if you wanted a battle rifle in AR platform check out the AR10T

I know theres some .308 AR lowers out there geared for both G3 magazines and FAL mags too

I would go with the G3 compatible lower as the magazines are dirt cheap at 2 dollars or less per magazine.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:03 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning

too many SVT-40 rifles were jamomatics. you only see a few good examples of them that work as intended.

.50 beowulf is just an odd cartridge. its a manstopper but its too uncommon for my liking.

I know theres some .308 AR lowers out there geared for both G3 magazines and FAL mags too

I would go with the G3 compatible lower as the magazines are dirt cheap at 2 dollars or less per magazine.
There's a precursor model that was similar to SVT-38 designed by Siminov but it didn't see much action. It supposedly worked better than a SVT-38 and 40 but because of Stalin's favoritism to Tokarev it never made a mainstay semiauto rifle in the Soviet army.

I like the PSL how readily available are those?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:13 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning

There's a precursor model that was similar to SVT-38 designed by Siminov but it didn't see much action. It supposedly worked better than a SVT-38 and 40 but because of Stalin's favoritism to Tokarev it never made a mainstay semiauto rifle in the Soviet army.

VERY readily available.

as a matter a fact most of them include the proper scope intended for them. (at most places at least)

centerfire systems has regular ones as well as ones that have even been converted to shorter barrels with AK grips and furniture. very nice rifles
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/762x54r_rifles.aspx
they sell the scopes for them here also at 100 dollars since the rifles they seem to have in stock dont seem to have them.

theyre also called FPK's and romak3 and often incorrectly labeled "dragunov"  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning

VERY readily available.

as a matter a fact most of them include the proper scope intended for them. (at most places at least)

centerfire systems has regular ones as well as ones that have even been converted to shorter barrels with AK grips and furniture. very nice rifles
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/762x54r_rifles.aspx
they sell the scopes for them here also at 100 dollars since the rifles they seem to have in stock dont seem to have them.

theyre also called FPK's and romak3 and often incorrectly labeled "dragunov"
When I get some money I might buy one.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas