Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:44 am
Salma was starting to feel a little more confident about this. Though she had had the idea for the "pride" for a while, she hadn't quite realized just how much work it was going to be. Handling others that were her seniors had been troubling in of itself, as she wanted to lead them without putting them down. So far, so good, and hopefully it would stay that way. It helped that many of them were very kind, patient, and involved with what needed to be done.

Distracted in thinking about what needed to be done, she almost forgot her errand. She was slowly making her way around, checking in on everyone and making sure that they were alright. As leader, she had to keep tabs on everyone and make sure they weren't working too hard. This time, it was Katashi she was intent on checking up on. If she could just find him, that is... Not everyone stayed in the same place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:30 pm
User Image

The leopard in question was some distance away from the main bulk of the newly created pride. A pile of three large stones were all lined up neat as a pin, correct to the nearest paw-width, for a freshly designated shrine. The sun-dried leather strap that had been used to move the last and biggest stone was still around the huge rock, having flopped at one side after being released from the strain of moving the massive monolith. The Shifter responsible, and the one Salma was currently seeking, was stretched out under the patchy shade of a stunted tree, long dark coloured tail flicking slowly as he rested from the exertion of moving such heavy blocks of stone.

Upon hearing the approaching paw steps, the male's head lifted, calm eyes the colour of the moss that clung to the rocks of the mountain-side settled on the slender form of their young Leader as she approached.

Katashi was a large male, and for a leopard he was positivity huge, with shoulders rippling with muscle and good, solid paws. Having been part of the pride since its conception, he was well adjusted to the job of shifting the rocks. The solid breadth of his body was wrapped with dark leather strips, which he used to help drag the bigger stones around, the ones that were simply too heavy to be moved just by pushing with his shoulder.

Moving up into a sitting position as she approached, he waited quietly, wondering what had brought her all the way out the unfinished shrine.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 am
Salma's ears perked upwards as she heard the soft sound of body weight shifting. Glancing upwards with her rose-coloured eyes, she found just who she was looking for. Katashi. With a smile growing across her face, she shortened the distance between the two of them. Good, she found him while he was on break. Salma didn't want to interrupt him if he had been in the middle of shifting stones. That much exertion needed concentration, she was sure of it.

"Hello, Katashi," she said happily. "I wanted to see how everything was going with you." She knew that he wasn't much of a speaker, but hoped that he would give her a little insight on how he was adjusting to the pride, and all the work that needed to be done! Things were getting together, but it always seemed like that was something else waiting to be done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Typically, the dark-furred male remained quiet as she approached, it was simply not in his nature to be bouncy or energetic or otherwise overly friendly. What he was, was polite and an attentive listener. Those ears swung forwards now as she slowed, head dipping in a greeting as emerald eyes regarded her with the difference given her station.

"Good day Miss Salma." He replied politely, the soft, quiet tones of his voice were akin to the mountain, steady and constant. "It is going." He added, glancing round at the shrine to the side, after a pause he seemed to realise he needed to elaborate. After a morning of heavy stone moving, Katashi's usual quietude was even more pronounced. "I should have the shrine finished today, the hardest parts have been completed already." Gazing down at her for a moment he seemed to be pondering something, then asked. "How are things with you?"

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 pm
He was such a curious thing. Much more different than most of the creatures she had known in her young life. She wanted to make sure that she wasn't too friendly with him...would that upset him? Or, well, she just wanted to not offend him. He was so dedicated to his work. Sometimes she wished he'd just...not be so serious? She swallowed a sigh. It wasn't her job to worry about everything. As long as everyone was happy, or content, she couldn't force anything upon anyone else.

"I'm well," she replied. "I'm glad that everything is running smoothly, even if it doesn't feel like it at times." It seemed like they were going to need more keepers soon, but at least there were a pile of little ones that could take on the job if they so desired once they got old enough. "I'm glad you're one I can always count on. Thank you, Katashi."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:53 pm
He had no idea of her worries over him, and had he known he would have been swift to reassure her that he was perfectly fine with both his workload and his personality.

As it was, he watched her quietly while she seemed to be thinking on many things, but then her comment brought a gentle, warm smile to the male's muzzle. "Do not worry about us up here Ma'am. Myself and Ishekhesi have the work under control for the time being." He was trying to reassure her in his own subdued way, for though he was a quiet male, he was far from oblivious and knew just how much work had been placed on the young lioness's shoulders. He would have taken on more work if she had asked it of him, but would never presume to push himself forwards and offer advice without being prompted.

Inclining his head slightly he smiled softly, green eyes genuine. "Thank you Miss Salma. I am always pleased to be of assistance if you require anything."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 am
Salma smiled tiredly. It was nice having a few to always depend on, but sometimes that worried the young lioness more than it should. She didn't want those few to feel like they had to constantly work to keep up with the demand. Breaks were needed, almost required...but it was hard to enforce them.

"I just don't want you to injure yourself," she said as she glanced around the work space. "You do wonderful work, but sometimes I wish you'd take a break." She laughed lightly, adding on: "Well, that and sometimes you make the carvers have to rush to catch up with your work!"

"But I just wanted to let you know of my appreciation."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:58 pm
The tall leopard stood, lowering his head to pick up a small leaf-wrapped package before padding the few steps that carried him to her side. Setting the mysterious bundle on the ground before her paws Katashi took one step back, pale green gaze resting on her. He was almost like a big brother, the gentle, caring gaze, the quiet manner, the unflappable nature... Nothing ever surprised him, no disaster was big enough to surprise him and no one was beyond his time and attention.

The bundle was a section of Katashi's last kill, saved as a snack. He had caught the tired expression on his leader's face and was worried she was wearing herself down. She was young yet and new to the strain of leadership. He hoped she had aid, at the very least an adviser to help her with the day-to-day running of the pride. But he could at least offer her a small something after she had taken the time to hike all the way up the mountain side to this location where the newest shrine would be stationed.

Smiling faintly and almost apologetically at her words, he dipped his head. "Injury is an occupational hazard, but we work as safely as possible. There have been no major incidents yet." He added in reassurance. Curling his tail round his hindquarters as he settled on his rump, he chuckled softly. "I do rest. But thank you for worrying. I am glad that I am able to be useful to you and the pride."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 pm
Salma curiously watched Katashi as he unbundled his presumed snack. It was good that he was eating well. Hopefully they would gather more hunters soon so those that were busy didn't need to hunt unless they really wanted to.

"Yes. I'm thankful for that." Her own tail twitched momentarily as she looked up at him. "It seems I've forced you into a small rest just by coming over here," she added on with a wry smile. "Just let me know if you ever need anything. Even if its something like a vacation. We don't all need to worse ourselves to the bone."

Errr. Salma flushed. "I should be taking my own advice though, heh."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:52 am
The large male watched her for a moment, before one brow lifted slightly, amusement warming his moss-coloured eyes. She hadn't seemed to realise his wrapped bundle was his gift to her, her very innocence made him want to protect her, to serve her well so she would not worry so much. Chuckling softly to himself he nodded towards the wrapped meat at her paws.

"Somehow I don't think I am the one in need of a rest, Miss Salma." He nodded to the package before her, smiling at her last comment as he nodded. "It is peaceful up here, away from everyone..." He hoped she would take the hint and rest with him, and eat his offering. He himself wasn't hungry, having eaten well the night before,and he planned on hunting once darkness came, it helped keep his body loose after a day's work and kept him fit. For a man could soon become overweight with only shifting rocks and no actual exercise.

Moving back a pace he settled down on his belly, muscular body resting over the ground, long tail curling lazily. He seemed at peace with his world, those green eyes calm and accepting. There was a strength to the male that was solid and reassuring, as if he were made of the same stones he worked with, ageless and eternal.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm
Tanakako

"Ah...." Salma was more absentminded than she had realized. She glanced down again, seeing the bundle. Her rose-coloured eyes watched as katashi reclined, taking the break that she had asked for, but he turned it back on her. She sighed, rolling the bundle with her as she moved to lay near him, her small mouth nosing at the food before looking at him.

"A Leader doesn't rest too much, Katashi," she said with a tired laugh. "But I will take your advise, as it is wise. Very wise..." It made her remember her mother, and the pain of knowing that she'd never be able to see her again.

Instead of letting herself cry, she let herself eat the offering that Katashi had given her. She felt strange taking it, as she would have rather left it at a shrine for someone (like her mother), but she wasn't foolish. It was for her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:00 am
Her sigh made him smile, a small, contented expression as she finally joined him on the warm mossy rock. "True, a leader can't be lazy... but there is such a thing as working too much. A leader can't do her duty to the best of her ability if she is so exhausted she can't think straight." He gave her a knowing glance before settling his chin across his paws and relaxing in the warm sunshine.

They rested in comfortable silence for a while, Katashi enjoying the warm day while she ate beside him. When he finally broke the quiet his voice was soft, thoughtful, almost as if he were speaking to himself rather than to her. "You are doing just fine, Miss Salma." His voice was barely a sigh on the wind, yet those experienced, knowledgeable green eyes rested on her calmly, reassuring.

Safaia

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:48 pm
"Hm, you speak like you have experience, Katashi." She smiled warmly.

"I'll make sure to take it slowly. At least with the work you've been doing we have some shrines up. Some is better than none, and we can slow the pace to even it out a bit. Perhaps I can get more shifters recruited as well. I know that you are dedicated to your job, but you should take a break once in a while as well!" Salma winked at the brown leopard amusingly.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am
He returned her smile with his own, not confirming nor denying her comment though it was fairly obvious that what she said was true. The large leopard had lived plenty long enough to make his own mistakes and gained the wisdom to learn from them.

Nodding slowly at her decision, he chuckled at the gentle chastisement. "I do when there are no shrines needing my attention. Ishekhesi is a very competent shifter, sometimes we take turns if there is not so much to do." He liked to go up into the mountain peeks and think, spending a few hours or days on his own to simply rest and reconnect with the mountains around him.

Finally he stretched and then stood, long muscular tail curling slowly. "Speaking of resting.. I think I have done enough for now. The stones wont move themselves." He gave her a surprisingly charming wink. "If you wish to stay a while longer you will not be in the way.. the stones are going up there." He motioned just above where a couple of smallish stones sat, proving this little resting spot was not in the direct line of travail.

Safaia

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 pm
"Alright," Sama said with a smile. It was so comforting, after leaving her homelands with no intention of returning, that the world 'outside' what she had known was so comforting, welcoming, and kind, like Katashi.

"If you're certain, I relax here a bit longer before returning to my own work," said the leader, content to have someone so trustworthy and dependable as this leopard.

Tanakako
Finished? biggrin

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces