ME!!!!!!! =D
View Results

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm
Kay, so... my public speaking class is going to have of all things an awards ceremony-like thing. We're going to pretend that we're in the Emmy Awards, or MTV music awards, or just getting any type of award from anything. *Somebody chose to get a Mother-of-the-Year award in a past class, and another pretended she was on Survivor and won. XD*

...Am I really in college? It's so weird. XD

But, yeah, anyway, bored random questions for your own amusement:

What award would you like to recieve in real-life?
What would you like to accomplish in your lifetime?
What would you want to see change in the world?

Feel free to say all the stuff ya want. C:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Personally, I don't care for rewards. I've been getting them since I was a little kid for being a high level achiever, and they don't mean much to me. But I guess if I had to pick, I'd like... the Humanitarian Award, I think it's called? The award for helping humanity, be it starving children in an underdeveloped country or helping young victims of abuse. I prefer the feeling of doing something great over getting some silly little trinket.

I'd like to open a store in my town, honestly. God knows we don't have much here. Even though I live in the country and there's ton of organic fruits and veggies around: no fake meats. No tofu, not even portobello mushrooms on sale at any of the grocers. Not even wheat replacements, which I should be eating cause of a soy intolerance.
I'd probably like to make hand-crafted items to sell, too, like dolls and knitted goods. I like keeping busy and doing things with my hands.

Free love, baby! Oh, ahem, I mean... the freedom to be with the person you love the most, no matter what race or gender. *marriage equality*  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 pm
Your poll reminded me of this cutscene from Deathspank. The exact spot is at 0:42.

Anyway, I don't really have many dreams or aspirations. It sucks.

What award would you like to receive in real-life?

Knighthood would be pretty awesome.

I . . . uh . . . don't know. Hmm . . . make a difference in the world? I'm not sure how. Definitely in a positive way, though.

I suck at this whole dream thing.

I'd like to see people be more open-minded about race. Or something.

I said I suck at this.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 am
Meh, let's face it:
I'm not that great at it, either. I would be happy having a job, a partner and a couple of kids. That's all I really want. o^.^o

Dude, knighthood would be awesome though.

lol, DeathSpank. Now I'm curious about it.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 pm
ALL OF THEM.
I mean, I don't really know.
I'm not big enough into anything that I would want an award for it.
Though I have to agree with Dornkus, knighthood would be awesome.

I'm one of those people that's desperate to be remembered, to go down in history.
My name to be remembered and all that jazz.
So if I can't make a significant impact on the world I'd at least like to accomplish short-term fame for one reason or another.
(Acting, writing, as an artist, etc.)

People just have to chill
I'm not some peace loving hippie but racial and gender discriminations are kind of ridiculous.
People are people
A return of most general common courtesies would be nice.
There's a lot of really nice people in my dorm but in a lot of other places it seems like people won't take a single step out of their way to help someone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 pm
lol, yes...
we shall take them all as a sign of our domination over the entire world!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Sorry, I'm feeling goofy.

I would rather have people remember what I did than what my name is. But that's just me. Remember what I did, enjoy it, use it to fulfill your own dreams and desires... at least that's what I hope to do.

That sort of thing happens everywhere, sadly. Most of my group's willing to lose a limb for the others, but then ya see people who are real... well, since I'm in the public library waiting to go home, I won't use super awful words.

Though that kid keeps threatening to whoop someone on the other side of the room. She's probably heard/said a lot worse than what I was gonna say.

But, but, hippies are awesome. Why wouldn't you wanna be one? XD  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm
Yeah
That was what I meant xD;
When I say name I mean there'd be a reason for it.

That's the kind of thing I mean.
People as a whole tend to be so inconsiderate.
I try to stop people whenever I can unless I'm in a mega-hurry like if I am late for something then something will be severely wrong.
Only thing I avoid is stopping to help people on the side of the road
That can be risky as is and being a girl who can't exactly defend herself makes it even more so.

I like the ideals of hippies but for some reason I've never really identified with them.
I dunno, counterculture movements in general kind of bore me lately since the newest ones coming up are pretty dumb.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:36 am
I tend to not use the whole "being a girl" thing, since there's boys who can't fend for themselves either. *and I'm just a complete nutcase, too*
I just know I'm weak. Don't like it. Wanna change it, but it hasn't been going so good. If I see someone who's in trouble, I want to try and help, even if I end up getting screwed over in the middle of it.

The situation itself can also alter my decisions on what I do, too. I.E., if it's someone I know or a little kid, if there's a weapon involved, ect.

Besides the whole "Let us Smoke our Weed!" thing, I haven't really noticed that there's a counterculture movement out in this day and time.
I need to get out of the house more often. XD  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm
True, there are boys who can't fend for themselves but there's a lot of weird people out there.
Be they boy or girl.

Just a random warning though, my friend was reading me something the other day..
Apparently some new thing is that if you find a lost child and they tell you to take them to a certain address because it's their home, take them to the police instead, no matter what.
Obviously not all the time, but people apparently have started using children to lure women to a house where they will be gang raped.
If the kid is genuinely lost, the police will bring them home anyway.

Mostly there are counterculture movements on technicalities.
As in, they're so special and don't conform.
I'd have to look more into the dictionary definition of counterculture before I said more though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm
Oh, wow...
That's disturbing. Not only the fact that a person would do that, but, omg, the way that kid's gonna grow up... it's gonna be a really messed up person.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 pm
Yeah, it really is sad.
The only hope I have is that if the child is taken to the police then whatever was going to happen will possibly be discovered and the child can be taken away.

It sucks either way but you have to keep yourself safe.
Bringing the child back will not only ensure the child being stuck in that trap and you being hurt.
The police will maybe be able to do something  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff