Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/atf-position-on-pistol-grip-shotguns-creates-new-danger

WHAT THE ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm
WTF!

a shotgun cant be classified as a DD!!!  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm
The hilarious point being: the items in the situation that are under attack for making the shotguns more dangerous, actually make them less effective. Thanks government! lol

Usually I worry about this type of thing. But for whatever reason I'm not this time.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:04 pm
Its just so stupid. Its like when they banned hollow-points in NYC because it sounds scary when its acctually protects the people behind him.

I'll bet you $1,000,000 that there is no A.T.F. agent that knows jackshit about guns  

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 pm
ArmasTermin
The hilarious point being: the items in the situation that are under attack for making the shotguns more dangerous, actually make them less effective. Thanks government! lol

Usually I worry about this type of thing. But for whatever reason I'm not this time.
I rather keep things less restricted, because it just means theyll go after what they see fit to get rid of next and the next thing after that.

I already know how to get around this if they do restrict them anyways
User Image

problem solved

its a matter of being able to store it easier in a smaller space, like a vehicle for me/  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
WTF!

Striker 12, SPAS 12, and SPAS 15s are classified as DDs.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 am
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
WTF!

theres nothing that makes them radically different than most shotguns. they are still shotguns not grenade launchers.

they just "look scary"

I still dont understand why the hell they were banned for any other reason than appeasing the anti gun crowd on opposition based on factless opinions about them  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
WTF!

they just "look scary"
This is why they're classified as DDs. They can claim all they want that it's because "they have no sporting purpose", but in the end it's because they're scary-looking black guns.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:07 am
I want to know where this "sporting purpose" bullshit came from. The Second Amendment has ******** nothing to do with sporting purpose. It's about the American citizen protecting him or herself from any threats, foreign or domestic (like this is news to you guys?) so where does this "sporting purpose" thing come from? Are there pro-rights organizations pushing to defend gun rights only on the grounds of those usable for "sport"? Because I've never heard any. And who the hell defines what "sport" is? What if I think it would be badass to lob M79 dummy grenades (cause cheaper) through a basketball hoop at varying distances for points as a sport? I do, I'm calling it Basketbomb. Steal it and I'll hate you. It's not like it's a secret that defenders of the Second are defending it because it's their right. I mean snub-nose revolvers, compact autos, derringers, etc. have pretty much one purpose: self defense. Two if you count being awesome (I do). Are they destructive devices? Well yes, but so is any object that may cause destruction (read: anything).

In closing: ******** the ATF. ******** whoever's making these idiotic laws. ******** whoever's not changing them. ******** us for not making more noise about it and freeing California, and D.C. and Chicago, and all those other communist controlled areas. I propose a massive firearm awareness campaign. We'll put a bullet through the heart of ignorance. heart

Rant status: over. Is a pistol grip stock shotgun classified like this, or just pistol grip onlies? Onlies? That's not a word. And does this ruling actually carry any weight? Are there people getting arrested for this? Or is this just one of those "If we don't like you, we'll check you out, and if it turns out you have this, we have an excuse to ******** your s**t up" deals?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:42 am
ArmasTermin
Rant status: over. Is a pistol grip stock shotgun classified like this, or just pistol grip onlies? Onlies? That's not a word. And does this ruling actually carry any weight? Are there people getting arrested for this? Or is this just one of those "If we don't like you, we'll check you out, and if it turns out you have this, we have an excuse to ******** your s**t up" deals?
The exact wording says "pistol grip in place of a shoulder stock", which means that pistol grips in addition to shoulder stocks are okay.

Honestly, I'm expecting this to become another "illegal shoelaces" fiasco.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

090Freak090

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:16 am
"Tomorrow, let’s talk machine guns. Lots of machine guns. Lots of unregistered machine guns."
i lolled  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 am
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
WTF!

they just "look scary"
This is why they're classified as DDs. They can claim all they want that it's because "they have no sporting purpose", but in the end it's because they're scary-looking black guns.
The ruling on streetsweeper adds to douchebaggery on the ATFs part. I mean streetsweeper you can't be serious....It has a barrel length as long as an average "sporting purpose" shotgun and a heavy trigger pull.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 am
Smokestack Lightning
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
WTF!

they just "look scary"
The ruling on streetsweeper adds to douchebaggery on the ATFs part. I mean streetsweeper you can't be serious....It has a barrel length as long as an average "sporting purpose" shotgun and a heavy trigger pull.
Oh, but no, it looks scary and it's semi-auto so obviously it can be converted to full-auto so it must be b&.

This is the average line of thinking of a BATFE agent. Or pretty much anyone who's anti-gun.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games