Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
February 6, 2011

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God Bless Our Sacred Dead
  +1
View Results

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am
Not a lotta folks know what it will mark...and trust me I will post this again ON that day.

But on 2/6/2011 will mark the 100th birthday of perhaps one of the greatest Americans in history. And a paragon of Conservative values:

Ronald Wilson Reagan

Who has passed from this Earth, into the hands of Almighty God on June 5th, 2004...likely not even knowing whom he was, or what he had done to rebuild his nation, free the world, and unite a shattered nation...the nation of my ancestors...Germany.

I want to list some of his noble endeavors...I don't want this to be a debate...but a tribute to a truly great man...not perfect, but determined man from humble origins held high by those humble values.

In 1937 he enlisted into the US Army Air Corp, and served till 1945...a Veteran of the the Second World War...though not combat.

He was a successful B-Rank Actor

His first move toward renown and fame around the world happened in 1964 at the Republican National Convention. "Now is a time for choosing..."

He served 8 years holding the Office of the Governor of the State of California.

In 1980 the American people elected Ronald Reagan as the 40th President of the United States. He served until 1988.

In 1981 an attempt was made on his life. A saddened nation prayed for his life...because the loss of a President is almost too much to bear.

He rebuilt the country from the 1970s Recession.

He pushed harder than any other to defeat the Soviet Union and in 1987 against immense White House demands...within hearing range of those on the East, Reagan issued a challenge to the Soviet Union to end the division of the German People. Even on the East side of the Berlin Wall...mass cheering could be heard from the oppressed Germans.

And after he left office in 1989...the Soviet Union ended the restriction on travel between East and West...reuniting Germany and many other grateful nations. (Even to this day, many Germans see Reagan as a national hero.)

in 1994, Ronald Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The next ten years would be a rabid decline in the fortress of the mind. Until in 2004 Ronald Wilson Reagan took his last breathe on the this Earth...leaving a legacy that will transcend American History.

Like I said before, this is a bit early, but I wanna at least have it on the books so I don't forget.

I do not want to see any debate about Reaganomics or Iran, or whatever. This is a tribute to a man who without question did great things...be they good or bad. And a tribute to a man who I revere as a patriot who sacrificed his mental clarity to serve his country.

I would say nothing short of the same in the event of Barack Obama attaining greatness that did good for his fellow Americans, and mankind.

God Bless Ronald Wilson Reagan

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tribute on Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:22 pm
He was a truly good man, and an international hero. I've heard talk that we might redesign our paper money. I think we should have Reagan on our twenty dollar bill, or maybe 50. He was a much better president than Jackson, and WAY more worthy of being on printed money than Grant. I think it would be an appropriate way for our country to honor him.  

Captain Syrus Haley

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:10 am
Captain Syrus Haley
He was a truly good man, and an international hero. I've heard talk that we might redesign our paper money. I think we should have Reagan on our twenty dollar bill, or maybe 50. He was a much better president than Jackson, and WAY more worthy of being on printed money than Grant. I think it would be an appropriate way for our country to honor him.

I agree. Naturally NEVER the 1$ bill. That is clearly and perfectly reserved for George Washington.

And if Libs say "TOO EARLY!" eh...what about FDR on the dime after only what...1 year after his death (current dime design was completed and first minted in 1946)? I would prefer to see him on a coin (Metal lasts far longer than paper.). The 50c piece sounds good. Kennedy doesn't belong on our currency. Neither does Jackson or Grant. Ben Franklin doesn't only in ONE respect. Unlike the other currency...he wasn't a President. However, he was as good as one in forming this nation.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 pm
True, and Hamilton wasn't a president either. But as he was our first Secretary of the Treasury, maybe he does deserve to be on our money. But I think I'd rather see Reagan on our $20 bill than our 50¢ coin, because we see the $20 bill a lot more often than the 50¢ coin. =/ but that's just my opinion.  

Captain Syrus Haley

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
True, and Hamilton wasn't a president either. But as he was our first Secretary of the Treasury, maybe he does deserve to be on our money. But I think I'd rather see Reagan on our $20 bill than our 50¢ coin, because we see the $20 bill a lot more often than the 50¢ coin. =/ but that's just my opinion.

Well I don't think it right to remove FDR from the dime. He DID understand how to win a war, and in effect was one of the men who saved the world from the evil of the era.

Lincoln and Washington should remain too. Those two men I deem with Reagan as our greatest Presidents.

and I would like it to be that 1000 years from now archeologists find coins from a lost time...marked with a man who defined a generation, and reunited a torn nation.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 pm
You make a good point. And I have no intention of taking FDR off the dime. But in all honesty, there just isn't enough 50 cent coins going around. How about the nickle? Jefferson was a good president, but I don't think of him as really exceptional.  

Captain Syrus Haley

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 am
Captain Syrus Haley
You make a good point. And I have no intention of taking FDR off the dime. But in all honesty, there just isn't enough 50 cent coins going around. How about the nickle? Jefferson was a good president, but I don't think of him as really exceptional.

Ah but he was a Founding Father. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am
Yes, but there are plenty founding fathers who aren't on our money. Adams and Madison were presidents and founding fathers, and they aren't on any of our money...  

Captain Syrus Haley

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff