Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
*so thrilled* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She didnt die!
  w00tage!
View Results

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:36 pm
Heh, I'm actually going to stick to the Legacy Challenge, so... I'm not using cheats or hacks...

...Well, I am very pleased with myself, I actually got two sims to fall in love, get engaged, married, and complete a pregnancy, cheat and hackfree surprised .
May not sound like a huge deal, but... I don't remember the last time I did that. sweatdrop I always use a hack or something.

Anyway... I guess... this thread can be for sharing successes, and baby names, because I had a hard time picking one for the new baby (finally settled on Elizabeth rolleyes A bit too common for me... ) and I plan on these sims having a few more. (*snicker* Few... My sims never have a "few" kids.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:21 pm
Wow... I don't mean to be offensive or sound mean, but that's kinda sad...

I've never used a cheat for any of those things (except for the voodoo bottle a couple of times). I always play realistically with no cheats. Simply because it's more realistic, and I think it's a lesson to be learned about life.  

de.Lici.ous

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm
Well... I've become a cheat addict. It's hard for me NOT to play with cheats. I think the last time I did... the pregnant woman died.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:46 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
Well... I've become a cheat addict. It's hard for me NOT to play with cheats. I think the last time I did... the pregnant woman died.

Wow... I'm never going to use cheats.  

de.Lici.ous

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:32 pm
Good luck with your Legacy Challenge.

I've started to get addicted to cheats myself, with the InTeeminator I just had my first family that had six kids, grown and out of the house, before the parents even graduated college (no teenage woohooing either, the first time the parents woohooed was their first day in college).

If I'm in a rut over baby names I just go to BabyNames.com, I'm sure there are better ones out there but it helps when you've chosen every name you can think of.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:58 am
I never play Legacy Challenge, but I do have my own rules to play Sims.

I will never cheat, unless if it is for a storyline, movie shoot, fixing a bug, building homes with styles or making a family with a background, which I will never actually play, but I want them to be friends with my sims. Such as some celebrity sims biggrin .  

SirEmino
Captain

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:10 pm
Well...

I've got some pictures of my legacy sim!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She's pretty 3nodding I want to see how long the family can keep the "good genes"

And there's her first child:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:12 pm
Congrats for not using a cheat, I know how difficult it can become. The only cheat I really use anymore is Maxmotives, and it's so addictive, especially during pregnancy...such an easy way of making those starving dying pregnant women happy. But I['ve just stated doing a Legacy and there were times (when she was a vampire and about to die) that I wanted to write in those magic words and make her happy again. I'm sure I'll get used to it, I hope.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:58 am
I'm pretty good with no cheats as most of the time I play Legacy.

I do have hacks/mods in the game but don't use the ones that need activation for the Legacy. Global Mods (like quiet doorbell, stop whining) I can't do anything about and I refuse to take them out as they make much more sense.

I have Roget's Thesaurus and currently am going through flower names for all my Legacy Children.

You can always pick a letter and name all the children starting by that, or go down the alphabet for each generation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 am
Ah. Another bit of joy for my legacy family.

I decided, if the next baby were to be a girl, I would name her Raven, and if it were a boy, I'd name him Seth.

Guess what name I used? razz

Both, I got lucky and they had twins, a boy and a girl. (Strange.. my sims, for some reason, have to Try for Baby a couple times to get pregnant, and then they have twins. mrgreen )

And now I need more names. I really, if you've noticed, don't use theme names for my kids (well... not always). So... *shrug*

Oh... I wonder, if this counts as a hack... I downloaded the featured item on Modthesims2.com, and it's a complete gardenign set, and your sims can sell their crops for money... Ahh, doesn't matter, really... I just want to get through more than 2 generations...  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:34 pm
That would be a cheat as it's making money when it's not actually part of the actual game.

Personally I just wouldn't use it with my legacy families but use it with others not part of the challenge.

It doesn't matter, you can decide or not. It's only a game against yourself really.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:44 pm
Hmm..

I think I'll use it... I make less than $50 everytime it's harvested. I have all the children in charge of the garden xp Which, at the moment, means its run by one young kid. I think I'll expand as the other two get older stare As long as they aren't sleeping in a crib, everyone must contribute to the family.

Anyway... going to need some name ideas. Lana Legacy is pregnant again mrgreen  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

late night show

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:27 pm
I started my legacy family a while ago...

But I'm just having the second legacy heir get enaged...

I actually had two sets of twins in that family (with no cheats, mods, or hacks eek ) The first set aren't twins anymore, because their parents both became elders within six days of each other, and I needed an adult to support the family. Sadly, one (the boy) got older, and the girl got younger. The boy grew up into a hideous fire-fighters outfit, which i didn't even think was possible. I decided to drown the dad, Pao, the biller guy. (he was an elder.) Thats all thats happened so far....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 am
Alright.

Dear Lana Legacy now has six kids. Elizabeth, who has gone to college, child twins Seth and Raven, adopted toddler Jill, and toddler Jessica. I keep trying to get her pregnant again, but it's glitched or something, and everytime she's about to start showing, it doesn't happen...

T crying T  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:42 pm
Iris Lise
That would be a cheat as it's making money when it's not actually part of the actual game.

Personally I just wouldn't use it with my legacy families but use it with others not part of the challenge.

It doesn't matter, you can decide or not. It's only a game against yourself really.

I think that can be taken under consideration, since the farm set is really a hard work and it's really doesnt gives out good money wink .  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff