Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Multi Guild Plot explanation contest, voting and 100,000g Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm
This is a work in progress so if there is a problem with the wording or something, let me know please
The Topic: Video Game Plots
Many times, I have walked in on my brothers playing a video game and had to wonder what the heck was going on. Their explanations of, "That bad guy is trying to destroy the world. Go away." simply does not describe the plot very well at all and I want to know why said bad guy is trying to destroy the world and why the hero is being so existential.
What you do to enter this contest:
A:Summarize the plot of a video game however you like. If you want to do a game that's not on the list, go ahead provided it isn't rated above a T on the video game rating system
B: Be creative. The plot can be in haiku, Facebook status updates, math equation, ballad, flow chart, children's story, etc.
C: Keep it PG-13 and no cussing. We don't want to hear about all the hanky-panky.
D: No plagarism.

And the part you were interested in, The prizes. My choice and voter's choice.

My choice: 100,000 gold. You read me.

Voter's choice: the item Owlpocalypse

Approved Video game list:
The Megaman games, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy (The numbered ones please), Okami, Cave Story, Tetris, the Mario game series, Plants Vs. Zombies, etc.

This contest is also Multi-Guild, the guilds I'm posting this contest in are Where Imagination Becomes Reality and some video-game guilds in honor of the nature of this contest. I will check each guild and quote the entries in the other guilds for voting purposes. There are not separate prizes for each guild, sorry.
List of Guilds: Where Imagination Becomes Reality, Megaman Unity, Final Fantasy Addicts, The Official Paper Mario Guild, (I will add guilds to this list as I put this notice up in them.)

Timeline:
December 30th, contest ends at 11:59 PM and voting begins. January 7th, Voting ends and I try to post who won and stuff before January 10th.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 pm
The first entry!
This is for the game "Megaman Zero" by the way.
xXRedemption_VenganceXx
hmm *thinks*

Zero's lost...again...
Will he ever find his purpose for life?

hm?

I'm looking forward to seeing other entries : )  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 pm
Not sure if this game meets the T or below rating requirement but...
Abomination Of Time
The plot for L4D.

You need to shoot some zombies and get from point A to point B.

after getting to point B, shot some more zombies and get to point C

repeat for point D

At point E, hit a button and shoot more zombies until "rescue" arrives (that always fails)

L4D2 plot,

same as above, but more zombies

need i say more mrgreen
Let's see what else gets submitted before the end of Dec. : )  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:22 pm
And another
demon of order and chaos
the plot for billy hatcher and the giant egg is u play as billy, a young hero who comes to the chicken world and must save the 5 chicken elders who have been turned into golden eggs from the evil crow's magic to have the sun rise but if he is gonna save them he has to don the chicken suit giving him the power to control the egg with special powers like the egg roll and egg bounce he also has to save his friends who have been captured by the evil crows if he can defeat the evil crows sunrise would once again save the world

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:16 pm
Shibu Mizaku
Legend of Zelda/Mario

You are X. Your goal is to save Y from Z. To do this, you'll traverse many dungeons/worlds gathering allies/weapons. You confront Z in his lair then leave victorious until the next time Y is kidnapped.
Reqilon Gonvi
Megaman Starforce 3 Red Joker. Geo fights all kinds of new bosses and travels the EM Waves. A meteor called Meteor G travels to Earth. You can use sound as a weapon and turn into red joker or black ace. After defeating a couple of bosses he faces the leader of an organization. The leader absorbs Meteor G and becomes a dragon. You beat him twice the second time as red joker or black ace depending on the game and Geo gets his dad back. Later Sirius a superpowerful being opens a black hole and threatens Geo. Geo defeats all the known bosses again and defeats Sirius and the galaxy is at peace once again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:08 pm
Does this have to be in a written medium? Could it be for example through screenshots/pictures and/or videos such as AMVs? At the moment I'm working a Final Fantasy X AMV that I believe sums up the plot pretty well, but I wasn't sure if that worked. If not, it's fine, I need to stretch my creative writing fingers anyways. wink  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 pm
lorinator_lionfish
Does this have to be in a written medium? Could it be for example through screenshots/pictures and/or videos such as AMVs?
That would be pretty epic actually. I don't see why not.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 am
Cool! Just need to finish editing it and paste it up on youtube. I tend to procrastinate, but it should be done by Dec. 30th. wink  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:09 pm
This sounds awesome. smile I'm working on something; it's turning out to be more work than I expected, eheh, but it'll definitely be done on time!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:46 pm
I like the sound of that, you've got about a month left so no hurry people : )  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:43 am
ShadowCorona
the legend of zelda haiku

Zelda is kidnapped
Link sets out to rescue her
Many trials faced

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:25 pm
Just a reminder and an update on this contest. The reminder is that the contest is ending in 4 days and the update is that just the owlpocalypse as a prize doesn't seem like much so I'm throwing in the archangel blade as another prize for winning the voters' choice. Have fun and be creative people! : )  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:43 pm
MY GOODNESS. I totally wouldn't have done this if I'd realized how intensive it would be. xd And as it is, I only got to Disc 2, but here it is anyway! sweatdrop

Linked due to HUGENESS OF PICTURE.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:44 am
We have our entries and voting is open! I will still take late entries but they may not get as many votes from other people because they won't have been around for as long to vote on. Please message me your votes and judge on creativity, writing, and not just because it's your favorite game and you've never heard of the other ones.

Ravenwolf
MY GOODNESS. I totally wouldn't have done this if I'd realized how intensive it would be. xd And as it is, I only got to Disc 2, but here it is anyway! sweatdrop

Linked due to HUGENESS OF PICTURE.
ShadowCorona
the legend of zelda haiku

Zelda is kidnapped
Link sets out to rescue her
Many trials faced
Shibu Mizaku
Legend of Zelda/Mario

You are X. Your goal is to save Y from Z. To do this, you'll traverse many dungeons/worlds gathering allies/weapons. You confront Z in his lair then leave victorious until the next time Y is kidnapped.
Reqilon Gonvi
Megaman Starforce 3 Red Joker. Geo fights all kinds of new bosses and travels the EM Waves. A meteor called Meteor G travels to Earth. You can use sound as a weapon and turn into red joker or black ace. After defeating a couple of bosses he faces the leader of an organization. The leader absorbs Meteor G and becomes a dragon. You beat him twice the second time as red joker or black ace depending on the game and Geo gets his dad back. Later Sirius a superpowerful being opens a black hole and threatens Geo. Geo defeats all the known bosses again and defeats Sirius and the galaxy is at peace once again.
demon of order and chaos
the plot for billy hatcher and the giant egg is u play as billy, a young hero who comes to the chicken world and must save the 5 chicken elders who have been turned into golden eggs from the evil crow's magic to have the sun rise but if he is gonna save them he has to don the chicken suit giving him the power to control the egg with special powers like the egg roll and egg bounce he also has to save his friends who have been captured by the evil crows if he can defeat the evil crows sunrise would once again save the world
xXRedemption_VenganceXx
hmm *thinks*

Zero's lost...again...
Will he ever find his purpose for life?

hm?
MrsLRox
The plot of Super Smash Bros Brawl: Subspace Emissary-

Trophy world is ruled by Master Hand.
Darkness World is ruled by Tabuu.
Tabuu wants to control Trophy world.
Tabuu controls Master Hand.
Master Hand makes Gannondorf, Bowser and Wario work for him.
Gannondorf, Bowser and Wario start turning trophy fighter back into trophies.
Trophies don't like that.
Trophies go through a bunch of areas and all end up together against Tabuu
Trophies unite and pwn Tabuu.
Trophy world is saved. Yaaaaay.
Nazo dragon
I stand straight up, but then see a chair, so I deside to get into my sitting position, and sit down upon it. I then wonder why my twin laid on the floor flat in front of me, in which he looked up at the ceiling. In between my twin and me, the other chair, identical to mine, had fallen over suddenly. The tremor it made caused the square shaped clock to tumble off the wall, and between everything else. Now all of a sudden, part of my legs are gone, my twin had dissipated, and the clock disappeared. But then I think to myself, such is the life of tetris.

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:57 am
Oh yeah. I forgot to give people an incentive to vote. I will randomly give one of the voters 10,000 gold. Maybe now people will actually vote.  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff