DSlite vs. DSi

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 pm
which one do you like more? because honestly, me and my friends are still debating this.
personally, i prefer the DSlite. yes, the DSi has a camera and flipnote and apps andblah blah blah, but im not looking for a Nintendo itouch. i just want to play a game, not be a photographer. ive used the DSi many times and yes, it has things like amplifyed sound that can make game music sound better, but in the end i always use headphones anyways. and the gameboy slot, i can never give up my precious game-boy cartridge slot. i understand its to save space, but im too attached to it.

so talk and discuss, DSlite or DSi and why?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 am
I have no interest in the DSi. I can't give up my GBA slot. I still play GBA games almost as much as DS games. And I don't really care about the other stuff the DSi has.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 pm
I have a GBA for GBA games. If you can get past the loss of the slot, in my opinion the DSi is better in every way.
Speaking from experience.

The screens look better, the matte finish is harder to put fingerprints on, the wi-fi reaches at least twice as far, the menu is nicely set up, the power button is in a much nicer location, and best of all, it just feels good in your hands. You can definitely feel the difference in size, and it's a good thing.
But I guess that's just me.

My only qualm is that they got rid of the DS logo on the front.

Also, the camera is incredible. Maybe it's not the best quality, but there's so many things you can do with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm
The DSi is the better DS. The DS Lite can play GBA games, but that's not what I bought a DS for. I haven't missed the slot at all, and the DSi is superior in pretty much every other way to the Lite.  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:48 pm
Despite the fact that I own a DS Lite the DSi is obviously better. Same thing but upgraded. Still, not enough for me to replace my Lite with it.

But who cares about that s**t? 3DS is on the way! =D  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:51 pm
I like the improved screen size and it can double as an emergency mp3 player, despite the fact you have to convert the file type.

The only time I would find myself wishing for a gba slot as of lately, is when I was playing pokemon soul silver. For transferring pokemon from the leaf green my cousin lent me.

Otherwise, I'll just enjoy it on my gba sp. Which has a slot for gb games. <3

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:30 am
I was thinking about getting a DSi, but I wouldn't even need it anymore once I get the 3DS. I'll just stick with my DSlite till then.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm
DSlite if you want the ability to play gba games

DSi XL if you want a bigger screen and useless feature no one will really use  

Walamanchee

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm
I have a DSi and i have to say that i don't use the camera for it a lot cause it drains the battery pretty quickly (that's wut my bro says). otherwise i think its
pretty good!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:54 pm
was the 3DS gonna have a GBA slot again?  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm
Xilo The Odd
was the 3DS gonna have a GBA slot again?
I don't believe so.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff