Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:06 am
...Can suck my metaphorical c*ck.

Seriously, who's bright idea was it to start playing Christmas songs in mid-November anyway? The same retard who thought it was funny to put up Christmas decorations before Remembrance Day is done and over with?

I'm beginning to dislike the holidays because of this over-commercialization, an that's not what this holiday season is about. It's supposed to be about loving and caring, and being happy to have family and friends close at hand. It's a season of joy and compassion, not about how big your damn gift is, or how many lights your house has on it.

So shut off your damn songs until the week before Christmas, please, and stop it with your sales. I'll be a Grinch until then, thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:39 pm
StephODell
...Can suck my metaphorical c*ck.

Seriously, who's bright idea was it to start playing Christmas songs in mid-November anyway? The same retard who thought it was funny to put up Christmas decorations before Remembrance Day is done and over with?

I'm beginning to dislike the holidays because of this over-commercialization, an that's not what this holiday season is about. It's supposed to be about loving and caring, and being happy to have family and friends close at hand. It's a season of joy and compassion, not about how big your damn gift is, or how many lights your house has on it.

So shut off your damn songs until the week before Christmas, please, and stop it with your sales. I'll be a Grinch until then, thank you very much.

YES!! STEPH I FEEL THE SAME WAY!  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Finally, someone else who realizes it -.-

Seriously, Christmas is in about a month. When it's time for Christmas, sure I'll listen to the songs. But right now? No. Just no. I get sick and tired of them before the holiday even begins.

Not a huge problem with sales but when you see Christmas trees and decorations at target when it's Halloween, well you get the idea (or at least I hope you do)....

Ever heard about the 12 days of Christmas? Well, those come AFTER Christmas. So why can't we have music going on then? No, instead they cut it off immediately after Christmas. These days a lot of people are forgetting the true meaning of the holiday. Hopefully one day someone will remind everyone >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Commercial holidays sell. There's a whole group of market psychologists plotting against consumers and working for corporate companies like Wal-Mart and Best Buy to gain sales during this quarter. There's a reason why boxes are brightly colored. Why things are arranged the way they are. Why the milk is usually placed waaaaaaaaaay far in the back of the store. It's toying with visual psychological processes. It works and they continue to do it for every holiday. Thanksgiving is more of a food consumption than product purchasing event. Meaning is all lost basically.
Only few remember what it's all about. And it's usually those who can't afford everything who remember.

tl;dr
Big Brother is watching you
and making you buy stuff.

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 am
*Knuckle-bumps Kuro*

I don't like Big Brother. He can go away plz.

I can see where you come from, Mongoosey, but I don't like being toyed with by headcases. The government can take their dirty fingers out of my eggnog now, because I really LIKE eggnog, and by golly the people who mess with it are gonna get a hurtin'. THERE WILL BE WORDS.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 am

christmas music is what ive been waking up to for the last week or so since my dad listens to that particular radio station every morning -____-;

i wake up feeling extra shitty because AALLLL III WANNNTTT FOR CHRISSSMASSS ISSSS ********!!!! >_____@

xD

i have many versions of christmas songs
the greatest debi hits include:

rudolf roasting on an open fire
oh christmas pee
jingle my bells
deck your balls
frosty, the crackhead snowman
grandma got ran over by a reindeer, got stuck to the sled and dragged 50 yards and finally dropped mid-flight into someones chimney
i saw daddy kissing santa claus

and much much more!!!

for a small price of 19.99
((((fiveinstallmentsinthreeweeks))))
you can have christmas joy in your home ALL YEAR LONG!!
why stop at that!? buy two or more and give that JOY to someone else for the holidays!! AMAZING!
and if you call now, we'll add in the incredible SHAM POW!!!
it not only soaks up your scum, but socks you in the face! POW!

-snickers-
oh yeah.
happy turkey day everyone!
gobblegobble

d e b i J

Purple Hyena

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:06 am
We should totally compose some Thanksgiving songs, then!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm
Love those hits XD <3 debi
But yeah I boycott that stupid radiostation that plays xmas songs this early 24/7 -.-  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm
StephODell
*Knuckle-bumps Kuro*

I don't like Big Brother. He can go away plz.

I can see where you come from, Mongoosey, but I don't like being toyed with by headcases. The government can take their dirty fingers out of my eggnog now, because I really LIKE eggnog, and by golly the people who mess with it are gonna get a hurtin'. THERE WILL BE WORDS.

Well, it's not really the "headcases"'s fault. They're employed by the wanna be Big Brothers like Wally World to abuse your naivety and steal your wallets. They're just doing what they're paid to do. You should be angry at the big corporations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 pm
I HATE BIG CORPERATIONS, GRAWRRRR~! scream

Ooh~! I'll buy one of Debi's CD's~! *Dances happily*  

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 am
We have that here too.

My day got off like this:

*turned on radio*

GIIIIVEEE LOOOOOOOVEEEE OOON CHRIIIIIIIIIIISTMASS DAAAAY!!!!!
*cristmas daaa-----* (punches said radio)

*because radio was too loud, LordKiston accidentally punched it, hence, waking up baby Niece which in turned, ruined my morning.*

... that said, yes. EFF the pre-holi-days.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Also why I don't go shopping.. Like ever. I spend waay too much time at walmart as it is. Boyfriend is always "YAAAY WALMART" and we spend about a good portion of the evening there. And I just sigh....

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Titannia Atlas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 pm
*leers at Steph* I see whatchu did thar, broser. XD

Anyway. Christmas tunes in November, huh? That's such a normal thing for us Americans. Methinks the Nation-tan doth prepare too much (and too soon, for that matter.) *shot*

Today was Black Friday so all the Christmas sales just kicked themselves into high gear. I also noticed that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is more of a celebration of "OMG ONE MONTH LEFT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!" especially since this year Turkey Day was the 25th too.

And is it just me, or was this year's Macy's Parade a bit hopped up on Americana and Country music? Like, the first freakin' performance was a huge group of line dancers from all over the country dressed up in what I think was TOTALLY fem!America-tan's idea--pink, white and blue cowgirl outfits with lots of stars.

Btw, I have officially found a valid reason to say that I can't stand Glee anymore. Seems like the whole "TV shows are musical now!" trend has destroyed all the programming I grew up with. Even Nickelodeon's got its own version of Hannah Montana now. I just about died of shame. And then Nick danced a jig all over my tombstone with some idiotic teen sitcom about a boy band too.

Goddammit...

But yeah. Compared to the aforementioned pop-culture wank, early Christmas tunes are quite literally music to my ears!

- Hero  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Macy's ends with Santa and his sleigh... e__e always.

Didn't really see the parade this year... and I haven't since I participated in it years ago.

And I've never been fond of musicals.

I think the only thing musically I enjoy is Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Disney films, Repo the Genetic Opera, and the "Cave of Two Lovers" episode from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Music is for music and live shows, not teevee montages.

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Titannia Atlas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:36 pm
crazy_mongoose

Macy's ends with Santa and his sleigh... e__e always.

Didn't really see the parade this year... and I haven't since I participated in it years ago.

And I've never been fond of musicals.

I think the only thing musically I enjoy is Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Disney films, Repo the Genetic Opera, and the "Cave of Two Lovers" episode from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Music is for music and live shows, not teevee montages.

*strums guitar* SECRET TUNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL, SECRET TUNNEEEEEEEEEEEL, SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET--*shot*  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff