Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arts of the Midnight

Back to Guilds

Where time is not a boundary for dreams. 

Tags: arts, painting, music, movies, randomness 

Reply AM forum
Need Help Coming Up w/ Place Names

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 pm
Ok, a little background first:
Soon enough I am going to start typing up this sort of crime novel that takes place in this world where pretty much every literary cliche exist as a part of daily life.The thing is, the countries in this world are different forms of literature, and they all follow their own cliches (like in the manga country/land there are brooding spiky haired guys that wield swords that in all theory due to their size & weight they shouldn't be able to even drag yet can swing with ease, and they have battles that last for weeks on end and so on).
The main plot is that this young detective (whose father was murdered when he was young and he became a detective to find out who killed him and bla bla bla) gets a case from a thief from the manga country to find her missing sister. During his investigations that bring him through a number of lands, he finds that the kidnapping goes a lot deeper than he thought and that it may be connected with his father's murder and so on.

But I can't think of any names for these lands. All I really got is for the fantasy/fairy tale country to be called 'The Land of Make Believe' but I don't know if that should be its official name or just a nickname. Keep in mind, I'm trying to keep the place names related to their genre type.
Countries/lands that I have in mind:
Regular fiction (as close to the real world as you're gonna get)
Comic books (more along the line of superhero comics)
Fantasy/Fairy tales
Manga

There were a few others I'm sure, but I'm pretty tired right now so I can't really remember them (I'm playing with the idea of a sci-fi place, but I'm leaning towards no).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:14 pm
Bump.

Someone suggested to me that Fiction land should be called Traverse Republic, and I think it's a pretty good name for it. Also, I failed to mention it before but for the Manga land I want to keep the name Japanese-y and I was thinking of naming it after a manga publisher or two (originally I was thinking Shonen-pop but I think it sounds more like a city/town name).

And I'm thinking of making a Wild West country and a Steampunk one as well (not really book genres but I think they might work, esp. the steampunk one).  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
AM forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items