Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:00 pm
Tonight, the myth was if shooting a Glock 19 into a full milk carton would suppress the muzzle flash enough to prevent a natural gas leak from exploding.

Seems that natural gas can't be ignited by the muzzle flash of damn near anything up to .44 magnum! And yes, they did do the math on the correct ratio of air to NG.

So they upped the ante by building a scale model house, flooding it with the right amount of hydrogen gas instead of NG, and shooting the Glock inside it.

I'm hoping they'll post video of that shortly. It blew up one of their fancy high speed cameras! Sadly, the Glock 19 survived. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm
Floyd
Sadly, the Glock 19 survived. emo
How ironic. The biggest Glock kB! ever, and the gun survives unhurt.

I gotta say, for all the s**t they get, Glocks are massively ******** tough guns, and it's hard to break one from the outside.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 pm
this is how a glock works. mrgreen

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 am
Fresnel
Floyd

I gotta say, for all the s**t they get, Glocks are massively ******** tough guns, and it's hard to break one from the outside.
They fit my hand really well too. Fee; better than the SW MP series in my opinion.  

OO23OO

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel
Floyd

They fit my hand really well too. Fee; better than the SW MP series in my opinion.
Oh hell yeah, and once you put the enhanced slide release on it, I've never felt a gun with more accessible controls.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:14 pm
No sign of a video yet. Hoping for a "combustion chamber" web update shortly.

But one thing did urk me to death! Tori mistakenly identified one of the two semi auto pistols they tested the myth with as the Glock, when, in fact, it was the SIG Sauer he was holding. Even the announcer had to correct him off screen!

Wanker.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:50 pm
I find Glocks to feel just about as boxy and unergonomic as they look. But I guess that's just me. I'd rather a Springfield XD.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:11 pm
It appears you'll have to use Hulu or one of those trendy web TV replay sites to watch the whole episode.

But here are three outtakes from the Gas Room Boom segment. Enjoy!

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-milk-muzzle-flash.html#mkcpgn=twdsc2  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm
Floyd
Tonight, the myth was if shooting a Glock 19 into a full milk carton would suppress the muzzle flash enough to prevent a natural gas leak from exploding.

Seems that natural gas can't be ignited by the muzzle flash of damn near anything up to .44 magnum! And yes, they did do the math on the correct ratio of air to NG.

So they upped the ante by building a scale model house, flooding it with the right amount of hydrogen gas instead of NG, and shooting the Glock inside it.

I'm hoping they'll post video of that shortly. It blew up one of their fancy high speed cameras! Sadly, the Glock 19 survived. emo
You expect a Glock to just up and die like that? rofl

Hell no!

Glocks were designed as replacement sidearms for the German military I believe somewhere in the 1970s can't really remember. Glocks are diehard especially the Glock 17, the original Glock. One of the tests they implicated on these polymer badasses was firing 5000 rounds through it without cleaning and then firing a severely overpowered 9mm round from it. It fired all 5001 rounds perfectly without any cleaning needed during the trial.
The funny thing is as hot as that gun got from firing 5000 rounds continuously it didn't even begin to melt. Not even the barrel!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

Glocks were designed as replacement sidearms for the German military I believe somewhere in the 1970s can't really remember. Glocks are diehard especially the Glock 17, the original Glock. One of the tests they implicated on these polymer badasses was firing 5000 rounds through it without cleaning and then firing a severely overpowered 9mm round from it. It fired all 5001 rounds perfectly without any cleaning needed during the trial.
The funny thing is as hot as that gun got from firing 5000 rounds continuously it didn't even begin to melt. Not even the barrel!

Someone actually defending a Glock?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stick around, you'll find out exactly WHY we hate the Glock.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:28 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

I dont believe the military test was non stop, it was allowed to cool from what I know.

however I have seen a test done in recent years by tactical response that was nonstop where the guide rod melted off the pistol and it still kept shooting

link to it is posted below

1k meltdown pt1

1k meltdown pt 2  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

Someone actually defending a Glock?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stick around, you'll find out exactly WHY we hate the Glock.
You call me out on defending a Glock? rofl

No they're just tough s**t even with that little hole in the grip that clogs the action.

They're for children in my opinion.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

I dont believe the military test was non stop, it was allowed to cool from what I know.

however I have seen a test done in recent years by tactical response that was nonstop where the guide rod melted off the pistol and it still kept shooting

1k meltdown pt1

1k meltdown pt 2
Eh my bad. Impressive it survived 5000 rounds without being cleaned and then made to fire an overpowered 9mm cartridge without exploding like an M80.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

1k meltdown pt1

1k meltdown pt 2
Somehow those links lead me to a video of a guy firing an AK-47 after putting so many rounds through it that the heat caught the handguard on fire.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 am
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Floyd

Hell no!

1k meltdown pt1

1k meltdown pt 2
Somehow those links lead me to a video of a guy firing an AK-47 after putting so many rounds through it that the heat caught the handguard on fire.
impossible, they both link to the glock test.

unless you saw an ak video after the glock test  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces