Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply Language Learning - East Asia
Claiming a Language - For Teachers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm
One of the most important parts of this guild is to help people learn languages. This thread is for people willing to take the time to write notes to teach people the languages and to inspire others to continue their studies by introducing aspects of culture (literature, television festivals) that may interest people.

I prefer people who are either native speakers or are well into their studies of the language that they are considered fluent.

Teachers should keep a list of all resources that they use or that other people use so students can find something they can purchase and use to further their studies. Must include full title and author's name.

Languages claimed by:

Cantonese
Hakka
Japanese Kanji
Korean
Macau Creole (Macanese)
Manchu
Mandarin
Mongolian
Vietnam
Yi

Feel free to offer any languages you are willing to teach to this list.

(Any threads that I have started can be taken over by someone dedicated to teach those languages!)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 pm
I see you've already got an excellent Japanese course going. That said, I suppose I can help students, if they need any, though the teacher that's already been instated is very good. At most, I could just be an extra hand to help out.
Sadly, I don't know any of these other languages. I really need to expand my knowledge of Asian languages, so teachers in any other language on this list (or even in any other suggested east Asian language) are definitely desired! I'm a fast learner.

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:26 pm
Shizuka Mizu
I see you've already got an excellent Japanese course going. That said, I suppose I can help students, if they need any, though the teacher that's already been instated is very good. At most, I could just be an extra hand to help out.
Sadly, I don't know any of these other languages. I really need to expand my knowledge of Asian languages, so teachers in any other language on this list (or even in any other suggested east Asian language) are definitely desired! I'm a fast learner.

Well, right now I just added the thread for Kanji because I'm working on it in another guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 pm
Yue and Cantonese are the same thing. I'd offer to teach some Cantonese, but mine is pretty goofy I've been told.

Thanks for letting me know!  

Brainy Mary

Hilarious Fatcat

4,375 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
Language Learning - East Asia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers