Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Epic Mickey - First Impressions Updated! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ecopper12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:42 pm
(Will update when I have played the game, but for now I have a ton of school work to do.)

Predictions:

I think this game will be awesome. The idea of making Mickey a little more darker and "epic" (Oh ho ho, me! xD) seems incredibly good.

I enjoy the plot of forgotten characters, and I had never even heard of Oswald before this game. (Goes to show how much he mattered.)

From the looks of it, the mechanics of the game might take some getting used to, but nothing that will be boring or tedious. (THERE'S A ******** TUTORIAL AT LEAST! MJ game I'm looking at you...)

I have high hopes and will update this post with my thoughts after the first level.

Before that, I must do school work.

UPDATE: Now that I have played the game for roughly an hour, I feel I can make some sort of judgment without making myself look foolish.

First, the negatives:

The camera is a bit unbearable at times (At least for me) and I have a hard time controlling it. Sometimes, it gives you a weird perspective, and you have to do a precise jump, and end up either missing completely, or barely making it.

The cutscene style, while cute and acceptable, pales in comparison to the opening few. I would prefer the whole game be consistent, rather than going from AWESOME to COOL BUT MEH. After the first few, it changes to a style not unlike Sonic and the Secret Rings (Comic-like) but the only difference is there's no voice acting in those sequences except for the obligatory grunting noises they make, and it's usually one frame at a time.

The paint thinner/paint mechanics are a little flimsy, as in order to get something to work, you have to get in the general area, which works well for the most part, except when working will small areas.

The Positives:

The story is amazingly well thought out and executed perfectly, and it really draws you in.

The paint thinner/paint mechanics does have an upside, the balance of the gauges telling you how much of each you have left work, and the auto refilling to a usable amount is good too.

Mickey's movements are good, even if they are a bit slow, and if you have good control, you can navigate him fairly well without any trouble. It's very fluid.

I will update this more as I play through, but this is all I have for what I have played so far.

CHAT AWAY, MY FELLOW CULTIES!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:06 pm
epic mickey looks good, it seems like the company is going back and this way he can be the mischievous mouse that he used to be back when mickey was black and white, not a badly rendered 3-d cartoon that teaches kids their alphabets in the mornings. with this they can establish mickey more of as what he is- a cartoon. and i want to see just what is this whole Oswald the rabbit thing, its supposed to be that this character came before mickey but disney lost the rights after a dispute over money with the company that was financing his cartoons (go figure). i'd love to try this game out!

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

ecopper12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm
The first post has been updated with my first hour impression.

I'll update again when I get further in the game.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm
Mickey's Epic Disney looks like a pretty good game. Not gonna buy it though. If I could i would rent it.  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 pm
I really want to get this game when I get the money. It looks fantastic.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:04 pm
I've been following the information on facebook, and well, this game really will bring back some old mickey fans along with some newer players. And i'm going to play the ******** out of the game until it breaks in half and makes my wii have a red bar of death.  

You Silly Wanker

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm
I got a copy of the game earlier today, although I haven't gotten a chance to start it yet. I'm looking forward to it, although I'll probably also end up using this as an excuse to borrow Dad's DVDs of older Disney cartoons. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:23 am
I LOVE this game so far.

And deep down, I almost felt a tinge of pity at the state of affairs for those guys in that world.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:41 am
TtheHero
I LOVE this game so far.

And deep down, I almost felt a tinge of pity at the state of affairs for those guys in that world.

I love it too.xD

Yeah, I sorta feel the same way, because on top of being forgotten, they have a shitty world to live in with The Phantom Blot.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 am

I saw it in the stores yesterday. I guess I didn't really look in to it that much. But this thread is making it sound like an awesome game!

_________________________________________________________________________________

~ You've just read a post by Fake a Mistake. ~

Rosaline Delacroix

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 am
I love the idea of using Oswald. Such a weird history.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 am
I rented it for a week.

The cutscenes reminds me of Final Fantasy X and such. Where it's not very consistent at all either. Either very amazing, when they talk their mouths do move along with what they're saying, or cringe inducing.
But it's not bad, just strange to me.  

Gamexrocks

Cayteekoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:20 am
Is the camera really a deal breaker? All I'm hearing is terrible things about it - that it's so difficult to control and really hinders the game play. :  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm
Cayteekoo
Is the camera really a deal breaker? All I'm hearing is terrible things about it - that it's so difficult to control and really hinders the game play. :

The camera is pretty terrible at times, but it's nothing that makes the game unplayable.

I like the game as a whole.  

ecopper12

Cayteekoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 am
ecopper12

The camera is pretty terrible at times, but it's nothing that makes the game unplayable.

I like the game as a whole.

But I suppose that the camera on any game isn't always perfect. That's good to hear then, thanks whee  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff