Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like fries with that?
  No. Gimme the gold!
View Results

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:06 pm
Anxiety. Stress. Nerves. Jitters. We all get em. How do you cope or what do you do to subside its physiological effects?

I like to run (or do anything aerobic) about an hour before to tire myself out in prepping for the extra adrenaline, I'll eat a banana, and lastly pray. Sometimes I make my friends pray with me, it makes me feel like I'm not alone in recitals and auditions. But enuff about me. What about you?!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:41 pm
i get most nervous during the dress rehersal (i dont know why I just had a conset last night and when we did the dress rehersal i was shaking really bad) but before i get on stage i calm myslef down and i let my mind wonder until its time to perform thats what i do i let my mind wonder for a little bit  

Vampire_Panda14

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 am
I get jitters everytime I have to play a solo alone. Like when I tried out for the solo a few days ago. I was so nervous I couldn't stand, I had to get a chair because that's how bad I was shaking.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 am
I somehow never get performance jitters. o.o; It's kind of odd. I don't think about being nervous or anything---I just go out there and perform.  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Isake-kun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 am
How weird. I get HARDCORE the day just before a solo, or performance. But when the moment is there to play it somehow goes away.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:28 am
Isake-kun
How weird. I get HARDCORE the day just before a solo, or performance. But when the moment is there to play it somehow goes away.

Maybe your body was so anxious the day before that the day of it was tired and 'eh'. Hmm, maybe i should try this rolleyes  

Gjornia X

Sionja

Gracious Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 am
The only time I really get performance jitters anymore (I would pretty much freak out my entire freshman year of college) is before I have to perform something I know I'm still having problems with. And even then, it's just like the minute leading up to going on stage - once I'm on stage, all nerves are gone. idk, I think I'm just getting used to this performing-without-a-moment's-notice thing, haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 pm
Normally I don't get performance jitters in the actual performance, I get them at the rehearsal. But when I get them then, and I really can't go anywhere I try to put my mind off the music a little, just think about breathing, clearing my mind. It certainly helps. Or, if you're taking a break, get something to mess around with in your hand.  

Annexed Demon

choirnerd9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 pm
I don't get too nervous in front of a lot of people, but I freak out in front of judges -_- I don't know why, but my voice gets really shaky in front of judges but not when I preform in front of a lot of people. Maybe because I can't focus onthe people's faces when there are more of them. I can't stand people staring at me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am
I pretty much just tell them "Go away. I need to do something epic now. You can come back when I'm done."  

Ultimate Echidna

Mykoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:31 pm
For me, it all depends if I'm in a competition or not.

If everything is on the line, eg. Provincial/National competition, my adrenaline

takes over and all nervousness is gone; however, if it's just a measly rehearsal

or small performance, for some reason I get quite nervous. My only way to fix

this is to take a power nap (1-2 minutes of sleep) before I actually perform.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm
I don't really get nervous until the second I'm up on stage. It's like the whole thing hits me at 100 miles an hour in less than a second and I'm left stunned. It really gets the heart pumping.  

rock_greenday_lover

candy!x0x0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:13 pm
Before my college auditions, I would do a lot of visualizing. Every night before I would go to bed, I would tell myself I practiced as hard as I could that day (which I always do) and that the day will come and go fine, then I try and picture the audition down to the detail. I walk into the room, introduce myself sit, take a few deep breaths then imagine myself playing the same way my favorite recording would go. I would iron out all the bumps and that way when the auditions came up I had already gone through it a million times in my head (and they always have to go well in your head) that way I always have a good plan. It worked too!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:50 am
I know this is weird, but I don't get nervous for solo performances or auditions. What I get really nervous for is duets and orchestra concerts.

It doesn't really make any sense. I guess I feel more pressure because if I mess something up during the orchestra concert, I feel like I'm letting the group down.  

thequietwriter

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Philharmonic Helix

Unsealed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:01 am
I don't really get nervous before a performance I always freak out after I'm done lol  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff