Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
symbol help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm
one day not to long ago, i was in the middle of meditation when i saw this symbol...i have no idea what it means could some one help?
(it was more symmetrical in my vision but that's ms paint for ya...)
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 pm
It's a hexagram. The Star of David, symbol of Judaism, super-imposed upon a circle.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:38 pm
hmm...i'll look up the meaning of hexigram.....i don't think i'm Jewish...lol thanks ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 pm
I never thought I'd say this but you might want to look up the alchemical meaning behind this symbol. I don't recall what it means but it is a very specific symbol in Alchemy. Don't know if it's hinting you to go somewhere or not but that would possibly be a starting point.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:49 pm
rmcdra
I never thought I'd say this but you might want to look up the alchemical meaning behind this symbol. I don't recall what it means but it is a very specific symbol in Alchemy. Don't know if it's hinting you to go somewhere or not but that would possibly be a starting point.

The triangles separated are fire and water in ceremonial sigil things. It's common enough that you find them in "Wicca 101" books. Wiki says in alchemy the hexagram is the combination of the two opposites, fire and water, and in Hermetic Kabbalah it's the union of male and female energies.

With the circle?

wikipedia
A hexagram in a circle is incorporated prominently in the supports of Worthing railway station's platform 2 canopy (UK)

THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR. You must go to Worthing railway station, platform 2, and await further instructions.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:31 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
rmcdra

The triangles separated are fire and water in ceremonial sigil things. It's common enough that you find them in "Wicca 101" books. Wiki says in alchemy the hexagram is the combination of the two opposites, fire and water, and in Hermetic Kabbalah it's the union of male and female energies.

With the circle?

wikipedia
A hexagram in a circle is incorporated prominently in the supports of Worthing railway station's platform 2 canopy (UK)

THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR. You must go to Worthing railway station, platform 2, and await further instructions.
so basically the gods want me to do more alchemy?...or use public transit in the UK?..hmm...i was thinking about moving to the UK anyway...  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:25 am
From an alchemical standpoint, the hexagram within a circle has been used as a general symbol of the art of alchemy.

The hexagram itself was used as a symbol for the alchemical combination of fire and water, also known as the spirit of wine, or alcohol. Some alchemical texts use the symbol to mean drink or swallow.

The hexagram is sometimes referred to as the Magen David or shield of David (in modern times the star of David), and legend attributes it as the emblem used by Biblical Kind David. During the middle ages, the Jewish people would use it on prayer shawls, and it has been on the flag of Israel since 1948.

In Kabbalistic symbolism, the hexagram can be viewed as the six directions of space, the union of male and female, and the four elements.

In modern times, it is a symbol for a specific type of motor, and when filled in as a police or sheriff badge.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm
It might not matter- but the Theosophical Society uses it as their emblem.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

The Starling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 am
The Magen David, symbol of Judaism is my first thought, though I've never seen it with a circle.

To Google!  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff