Welcome to Gaia! ::

☆Vocaloid☆

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of Vocaloid, UTAU, or fan-made vocalists. 

Tags: vocaloid, utau, music, japanese, awesome 

Reply ☆ Lounge ☆
Haters?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 am
Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum O3O
But there was this whole thing with the guitarist from the GazettE saying some things about Vocaloids. Although he does have a point. So many people agreed with him... I had no idea there were that many people that hated Vocaloids O_O; it kind of surprised me. It was a bit unfair since these people do these voices completely on the computer, I don't think any of them realize that its more work to create a voice on the computer and everything then one would think.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 am
What did he say exactly?  

x Tiryn

Anxious Hunter

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 am
I would like to know as well. The closest I could think of about Vocaloid hate is it having potential to replace human singers, and that it'll never be have that "emotional" feel that real singers have.

Anyway, if what I said is the main problem with this guitarist, he should also complain about electric guitars and music mixing programs. These programs are also "artificial" instruments to the real deal.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm
More Info

lunarslimelunarslime
Vice Captain

Magnetic Shapeshifter

Oboromaru

Greedy Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm
Two of the other guilds I'm in are full of haters.

Why do people hate Vocaloids so much? I'd say it's mostly because of the fanbase. You know how it is...

But also, the fact that... well, they don't actually sound all that human-like. Yes, they can sing, and change their pitch and all that, but they still have a noticeable machine-like tone to them, no matter what. The only one I can think of that doesn't sound so obvious is Tonio.

And of course, the designs. The most popular ones looking like either raver schoolgirls or thrift store junkies.

Also, listen to a computer from the 60s sing a song and compare it to any recent or modern Vocaloid.

Not much difference.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm
Alysoun
Heh, I thought I was on the right track with what the hate's about. xD

Anyway, I bet this is just another one of those things where people hate anything that's very popular. Haters gonna hate. -shrugs-  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

MyouMegami

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 pm
Wow... that's just... wow. I'm actually a bit saddened hearing that from a member of one of my favorite j-rock bands, yet I could understand any haters point of view. Not that I agree of course, but I can understand.
I'm just surprised he was... er, silly... enough to Tweet that to the world, and then delete it after he upset fans. Did he honestly expect for no fans to read that? >.<

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:32 pm
MyouMegami
Wow... that's just... wow. I'm actually a bit saddened hearing that from a member of one of my favorite j-rock bands, yet I could understand any haters point of view. Not that I agree of course, but I can understand.
I'm just surprised he was... er, silly... enough to Tweet that to the world, and then delete it after he upset fans. Did he honestly expect for no fans to read that? >.<

Yeah... I was saddened too.  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 pm
Alysoun

^ XD thank you, I meant to put the link up of the article but I didn't save the link after reading it.

@Oboromaru- I like that they sound like a computer. Its something different. That doesn't mean though that they're better then a human singer. Obviously they could never get a Vocaloid to sound like a real person. But to me, they still sound like they have emotion XD it could be just the sound of the music that does the emotion. I mean, that's why I don't get why people are comparing the two. Everyone knows they're computers singing. I don't even compare them to real bands and singers. I like both. But I like techno/electronica because it has that computer-digital world sound to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 pm
Oh gawd I was afraid this was going to happen here. I SOMEWHAT agree with him. To me Vocaloid is music but they are not musicians in my opinion. They're like instruments but produce voices instead of sounds. Those songs we love to hear aren't the Vocaloid's own songs, they are made by composers who thought up the lyrics, the sound, and everything. Vocaloid is amazing I admit and I love vocaloid no doubt about it but I believe they aren't singers.  

deadaccountkit

Greedy Tycoon

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 am
-ChocoXPuppy-
Oh gawd I was afraid this was going to happen here. I SOMEWHAT agree with him. To me Vocaloid is music but they are not musicians in my opinion. They're like instruments but produce voices instead of sounds. Those songs we love to hear aren't the Vocaloid's own songs, they are made by composers who thought up the lyrics, the sound, and everything. Vocaloid is amazing I admit and I love vocaloid no doubt about it but I believe they aren't singers.

Well, no. I don't think anyone familiar with Vocaloid would claim that the program itself is a singer or a musician. What gets people upset is the implied claim that the composers are not musicians because they use Vocaloid.

Frankly, I'm curious about what these people would say about programs like Finale. Is anything you write on it no longer music because it can play the midi back to you so you can hear it?

I can't say I'm angry about the haters. It was bound to happen once Vocaloid started picking up speed. I have to roll my eyes at them, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 pm
-ChocoXPuppy-

Well, no. I don't think anyone familiar with Vocaloid would claim that the program itself is a singer or a musician. What gets people upset is the implied claim that the composers are not musicians because they use Vocaloid.

Frankly, I'm curious about what these people would say about programs like Finale. Is anything you write on it no longer music because it can play the midi back to you so you can hear it?

I can't say I'm angry about the haters. It was bound to happen once Vocaloid started picking up speed. I have to roll my eyes at them, though.

QAQ I LUV YOO SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!

Most of the people I argued with so far have given me derp answers and you so far have given me GOOD answers. <333

I agree with the composers being musicians, they created music and deserve the credit instead of handing over almost 90% of the credit to the instrument(vocaloid).

Anything popular will always have a string of haters to follow it and it's other string devoted slaves fans following it ready to attack. ovo <33  

deadaccountkit

Greedy Tycoon

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Strawberry Rosa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 pm
Gazette guitarist guy has his opionon.

I have mine.

I don't think vocaloids will replace human singers. So many singers use things like auto tune and they don't use their natural voice any way. Plenty of singers, like Brittany Spears for example, lip sync anyhow.

A program like vocaloid isn't meant to spar with a real human, it's a tool. When you start fighting with a tool, as human, then I believe you've already lost some of the battle. Singers are beautiful.

For those who can't always express themselves by singing, but love it anyhow, vocaloid is there. It's a tool that allows you to indirectly express your emotions in a song just like a singer would do. It doesn't mean it's as good as a human, though it's crafted by a human heart just the same. Although the songs are robotic I beg to differ when they say they aren't emotional.

If anyone here has felt sadness, or any sort of emotion thanks to a vocaloid singing, then the person who crafted that song got their message across to you. Loving a vocaloid isn't wrong by any means either, for at least anyone is able to have access to it. Maybe this guitarist is just feeling threatened because unlike him, a vocaloid can open up to anyone since it gives the ability to each user to become something greater. A vocaloid is indiscriminate, he is.

Therefore in my eyes he has lost.

If anything he ought to pick a fight with the creators and not the program. The program is just a tool, another piece of freedom to express yourself, if has a problem with that, maybe I should just take his guitar away. He should be a man and not worry about competition anyhow. Give it your best shot Mr.Guitarist.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 am
-ChocoXPuppy-
-ChocoXPuppy-

QAQ I LUV YOO SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!

Most of the people I argued with so far have given me derp answers and you so far have given me GOOD answers. <333

I agree with the composers being musicians, they created music and deserve the credit instead of handing over almost 90% of the credit to the instrument(vocaloid).

Anything popular will always have a string of haters to follow it and it's other string devoted slaves fans following it ready to attack. ovo <33

XD You're welcome. I try to make sense.  

☆ Lounge ☆

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces