Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Black Ops? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 pm
It's been a while since I've posted anything. So who has Black Ops? And how do you like it? I have it for the Wii (lolz) but the game is still great for it biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:43 pm
I got my copy for the PS3 and its really good coming from Treyarch's history of games. They really improved on the multiplayer modes and the maps are fun too. Kinda cool that they put the COD points system in there, but not really fond of it when I dont have enough points for atatchments. The story seemed neat, I didn't delve too far into it but I hope to soon. I just hope they may put this talent to a different franchise.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:41 pm
I have to agree with Tron on most things. I got the game for the Xbox. Although some guns do need patching, they did do a great job with the campaign and multiplayer.
Zombies is fun as always. The Story i did get into...a lot. Was really pissed when i found out that Victor Reznov actually did die at the prison escape....not happy.

Also tron we gotta play a game if you get it for the Xbox. I got my new box finally after my old one derped on me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm
well blarg... hopefully your spoiler wont effect my experience of the story xD but I will not be getting it for the xbox cause Halo: Reach wont allow it.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:38 am
Oh gawd dude, i figured you would have beat it by now. xP
Also Halo: Reach needs to....take a walk for awhile if you know what i mean.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 am
Maybe once I complete my dream spartan xD but in Black Ops my favorite mode is Gun Game and One in the Chamber. Its a shame I get no XP lawls. I also seem some cool sniping montage videos which I will probably try there set ups to get most of the sniping challenges done to help me prestige faster.

And Halo can't take a walk D: its my best friend  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 pm
It used to be mine....then black ops happened. For the XBOX360....just sayin.
Also I'm right with ya on the gun game. One in the chamber not so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 am
Tron714

And Halo can't take a walk D: its my best friend

This is the reason why I probably won't be getting Black Ops lol. I've only played COD online since World at War, but with every game since then, I always end a game feeling like I haven't really gotten any better, whereas with Reach I feel like I'm, more or less, on the same page as everyone else.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 pm
Well it's pretty much objectively proven that Halo games require more skill overall than Call of Duty games (especially MW onward).

For those who are curious why it mostly has to do with Halo having much more relative health, killstreak rewards, and the amount of clear shooting alleys in each map. Added to this, unlocking better weapons/perks (especially in Black Ops) at later levels doesn't help the balance at all.

I've played a fair amount of MW2 online with my friend, and it was a lot of fun for a couple hours... but it just doesn't come close to Halo Reach in my book.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 am
I see what you're saying nit, in which case, maybe I'm just not good at COD lol. I mean when I used to play, I'd get one game where I'd go positive (only about 5 positive though) and then for the next 20 matches I'd go negative by a much larger margin. But I agree with the weapons part: I definitely like Black Ops gun customization, and I wish more games did something like that, but most in later levels are still ridiculously unbalanced. I'm not even going to go into all the ridiculous match-ups COD has put me through.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:19 am
I was actually defending you razz

As for the health argument - it's kind of like how for the most part arena/mlg playlists requires more skill than SWAT or team snipers.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:00 pm
Black Ops was more balanced than MW2, but multiplayer wasn't as balanced as MW1 was. I played a few online matches the other day and didn't see a single sniper. Dodging snipers is fun, y'know?  

pathetic_negi_magician

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 pm
nitnit
I was actually defending you razz

As for the health argument - it's kind of like how for the most part arena/mlg playlists requires more skill than SWAT or team snipers.

Yeah, I realized that now lol. Its been a long couple of weeks, and I can't wait to be home for Christmas break.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:45 pm
Wow, I posted a topic and then didn't log onto Gaia for like a month xD

Anyways, I can't say much on the whole Halo Reach topic seeing as I don't have a 360, but I have played the game and it is quite fun razz

I thought Black Ops was balanced at first, but now it's only fun for a little bit. The spawns are absolutely ridiculous, and all of a sudden there are a bunch of tryhards on the Wii...combined with lag and only a few overpowered guns I can only play the game for 10 minutes before getting frustrated.

On the bright side Zombies and campaign is a ton of fun biggrin

Also, I got Goldeneye for Christmas and that is much more enjoyable than Black Ops. the campaign is epic and the multiplayer isn't bad. How was everyone's Christmas?  

PhoenixBlade983

SnorlaxPunk

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:18 am
Wager Matches are loads of fun, especially with a few of my buddies. I rented from Gamefly for a while before the disk broke, and I bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood instead....

Anyway, Black Ops is one of those games that I can only enjoy when playing with my buddies. When I'm playing by myself, I just don't get the same entertainment value out of it.

Besides, the only thing I ever play is Wager Matches, Zombies, and Campaign (which was surprised me with it's well told story). "Five" is a great map, just because of the sheer size of it and the variety that each floor provides! The doctor is a jerk though...he took my Ray-Gun the first time I saw him... D:

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff