Reply Sports Talk
Cricket Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evilwickedstrawberry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
So, has anyone else been watching the VB series at the moment? I know I have, though my mates all think I'm a nut. xd Ah, well.

I was getting all hyped last night when Sri Lanka was getting close to beating South Africa...then the wickets fell. Which team do you carn? Who's ya fave player? Have you been to the matches?

Etc etc. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:04 pm
We've been talking about the ODI's in the main sports thread if you want to check it out wink
But like yeah, last night match was such a clincher, made me cry when they lost ;___;
I'm a Sri Lankan fan, and I like a bit of competition in the cricket, it seems like Australia has been dominating this sport for far too long.

Don't worry, my mates think I'm crazy as well sitting from 2pm - 10pm watching cricket.. but like, it's part of my family history dammit!
I'm crazy @-@

AminoAcid

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:15 am
When I stay at my uncles place, him and my older cousin Phil watch whatever sport is on between what their doing on the farm. My other cousin and I are usually watching too or playing with her baby xp But I prefer the cricket to the tennis that is on atm. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:47 am
Sundays suck at the moment, VB Series, Tennis, The World Game. I'm pissed. 3nodding

But anyway, I'm an Australian fan, and a Dutch fan when the World Cup's on. As for favourite players, before he was dropped it was Ian Harvey but more currently the Golden Boy, Michael Clarke. As for the Dutch, Kloppenberg ftw.

It's been a good decade of domination by the Aussies and I have enjoyed it, but I think I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts because I don't think we'll be number one forever as much as I'd like it to.

But yeah it's been an enjoyable series thus far but all the teams have alot to do to prove themselves.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

evilwickedstrawberry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:46 pm
Mmnh, the tennis can be so boring, sometimes. I'm always prepared to watch a Federer match, though, that guy is so talented. *gush*

Honestly, although the idea of being top forever is a little boring, I liked the security in the thought, We'll win, we always do. Losing at cricket always saddens me. crying

My fave player...for Australia, all bowlers. Bracken and Symonds (naturally xd ), but I'm a big fan of Brett Lee. ^^ So funny, we were at the telstra Dome watching Aus vs Sri L, these girls in front of us had these huge pink signs saying Marry Us Roy. >_> So many people got thrown out that day. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:33 pm
AminoAcid

Don't worry, my mates think I'm crazy as well sitting from 2pm - 10pm watching cricket.. but like, it's part of my family history dammit!
I'm crazy @-@

I think Cricket is teh perfect backdrop, the soundtrak to the Australian Summer,

You put the cricket on, get a drink, and then sleep onthe couch,
waking up only when the commentators get excited so you can watch the replay...

I can't wait, net game starts in an hour.  

Ozumou

AminoAcid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:15 pm
Ozumou

Truer words have never been spoken <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:17 pm
AminoAcid
Ozumou

Truer words have never been spoken <3

Yay for Australianism. XD  

evilwickedstrawberry

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:39 am
I tend to be on my computer and just swivelling at times of "HOOOWZZAAAAT" or some such. Gives me the jeebies.

On a minorly related note, I scored myself 2/25 off 6.3 today in Third Grade Club level. Fear.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:56 am
I went to a cricket match at the MCG, got an explanation for four days straight and I still don't get it. o.o;  

Kiyomizu

AminoAcid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:51 am
DNA_Guru
I tend to be on my computer and just swivelling at times of "HOOOWZZAAAAT" or some such. Gives me the jeebies.

On a minorly related note, I scored myself 2/25 off 6.3 today in Third Grade Club level. Fear.

That's heaps good!
Hey Sri Lanka are in the final.. can you believe it @-@
And the final match is at the Gabba, if they get there xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 am
I am watching the first final now.. How good is Dilshan Playing? 4 run outs!

Looks like this could be a good set of finals.  

Ozumou

AminoAcid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:52 pm
Ozumou
I am watching the first final now.. How good is Dilshan Playing? 4 run outs!

Looks like this could be a good set of finals.

I know!!!
I was all excited. Hopefully Australia will win the next match and then we can settle in for a good final match at the Gabba on Tuesday! surprised
These final are going to be great 4laugh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:48 am
WE WEEN! Take that Sri Lanka, and by 9 wickets too. Great performances by Adz and Simo. 3nodding
Another related note. 3/24 off 8. I'm firing. XD  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Ozumou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:46 pm
Oh well, that is over till the S.A. tour.

Nothing ot watch now but Pura Cup.  
Sports Talk

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces