Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Kingdom of Chatterboxia!
What are your oppinions of art work on the internet?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 am
Do you think it's a free for all that anyone can use it as they please?

I honestly say NO. Not at all.
Uploading and downloading on art sites (DeviantArt, Pixiv, Hentai Foundry, Yaoi-Gallery, Furaffinity, etc) should not be some random dump for those to add and take.

Isn't it quite shameful to trace? Or to steal someone's art work and claim it for one's own? OR THE BEST ONE---add it to a fan club's art page WITHOUT CREDIT. I Hate that.

Such laws float around the internet like "Creative Commons License" or "Copyrights". It's like once it's online no one should care. No. That's not true and can totally get you banned(from wherever; except under the radar/lax forum boards) if the original artist ever finds out.

Almost every country in the world (even the most messed up ones; North Korea) enforce some kind of Copy right law protecting original creators from getting ripped off via theft.

Language barrier SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.
I've seen tons of weabos totally steal off Asian Art Communities and smudge out the original artist's signature in place of their own and then water mark it. It's disgusting---and should be stopped whenever possible.

What happened to morals? ; A;

LOL sorry, sounds more like a rant than a discussion, but like on DA I just keep coming across CRAPPY artists who constantly copy and paste official works in paint and upload it to their gallery WITHOUT permission or even credit to original artists. Then. Get this. They water mark it. D:<

I mean. WHY?
OH. Don't get me started on HORRIBLE OCs based on animated series. ; A;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:13 am
I am on DA, but I haven't experienced theft yet. That's why I'm glad I kind of suck because no one will want to steal from me! ^^u

I say art theft is unforgivable. You steal something someone has worked so hard on and claim it as your masterpiece. It disgusts me.

And I traced when I was younger. But I developed my tracing to mainly practicing on how certain poses should look. I draw like the construction lines. Not the literal picture.

People should know that there are licenses in place to protect such theft. Believe me. I license all my works on DA. Doubt it will prevent anything....  

Riding_The_Stars

Romantic Millionaire

16,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:20 pm
i HATE tracers. my first reaction when i see somebody tracing is to slap them. seriously, i go up to strangers in school and slap them. i caught some random girl in PE class tracing a flower to use in art class and i went right up, broke her pencil, then slapped the back of her head. i dont think its fair to the original artists.

and i absolutely HATE people that are like: "Lookit what i drew!" and they hold up an obviously traced picture. and EVERYBODY is like "OMFG UR TEH BEST ARTIST EVAR!" even though they know its traced

unless the artists says "hey, its free art and you can use it" (which i have seen people do), credit and ask them for use. this is copyright, its all legit. if you dont like it, go cry about it in your little copy-cat corner.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:49 pm
D-does that mean you don't like me Red? I don't do that to an extent... Do you not like me cause I semi trace? crying  

Riding_The_Stars

Romantic Millionaire

16,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm
Riding_The_Stars
D-does that mean you don't like me Red? I don't do that to an extent... Do you not like me cause I semi trace? crying

NO! NO I DO NOT LIKE YOU!

jk =D (did i just make your heart explode or something?)

not really, youre okay. i mean i dont like people who trace the whole friggin thing and say they drew that all on their own. i usually look at other pictures as a reference for the pose (though in the end my pose looks very different from what i had in mind anyways...)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm
Ok. ^^u I just had to check. Got to make sure I'm not upsetting anyone.  

Riding_The_Stars

Romantic Millionaire

16,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Whispers of the Forsaken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 pm
I despise tracing with a passion. I hate those that do it and post it online, whether they claim it as their own or not. If it's "just practice" and you're using someone else's work (usually without their permisssion I might add) it does notbelong in your gallery where you get credit for it. Also, it's rude and inconsiderate. Think, how would you feel if someone was tracing your work and getting all this attention and praise for it?

Copyright does not disappear on the internet. Unless an image say "you can use this" "royalty free" or "public domain" you can not use it. Plain and simple. If you are unsure if you can use it, assume no.

Also, it's not flattering and it's not "more promotion" for the artist. Those are just bullshit excuses made up to try and assure the tracer's conscience.

As for the learning tool aspect of it, I've found those who rely on tracing for "learning" are usually poorer artists than those that don't. Why? They rely on another artist, so they are 'interpreting' a form based on another artist's 'interpretation' of a form, learning much to be lost in translation. They don't learn to use, develop and trust their artistic eye, which can hinder their improvement for years even if the tracing is minimal. So either way it comes back to bite them in the butt one way or another. I mean look at the simmons kid or vampirella87 or that amiura chick. All three went from having an "art career" to having a nonexistent one due to tracing.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:20 am
Riding_The_Stars
xD That is an interesting way to look at it , "if no one is stealing my art I must not be that good yet", nahhh it totally just means you're under the radar! (just wait till fame hits ya ;D )

I totally agree with you that it is unforgivable and to tell you the truth tracing construction lines doesn't actually count in the unforgivable category. ;D

Red7227
surprised I do enjoy your first response actions to tracing, really I do----I got mad a few people for doing that. (don't be tracin' in art class D:< )

and I totally hate that point that people who do take credit just totally SUCKLE off of it mad

but even though they say it's free stuff, it's still pretty sickening (in my oppinion) to take credit for it ; A;

some even charge for royalty free images.

M is for Misery
YES. Finally. I jsut plain hate how people can be so naive----you post it in your gallery you AUTOMATGICALLY are implying it's of YOUR creation. Youtubers do not understand this logic with a passion. gonk

Yeah. That is annoying how they would resort to the "promotion" tactic when caught. It's so gross. It's even more disgusting when used AGAINST the artist. Nothing, but some crappy excuse.

Lol. I enjoyed that you brought up the learning aspect of tracing. I agree it definitely doesn't help that they aren't strengthening anything when full on tracing, but some consider it "vectoring", an annoying term I find just as gross because it's a legal way of art theft (in most cases) D:

YUCK. Vampierell87 is one of the most annoying artists I've ever come across. She reminds me of Snapsnogger (or whatever naga girl's name it) and another lame tracer on DA emo

Why do these people exist?  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Riding_The_Stars

Romantic Millionaire

16,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:52 pm
Hey guys? I might have another potential art thief for you guys to investigate.

I clicked onto DA and I saw something suspicious on the newest uploads. So I clicked it and then went to their gallery for further investigation. Then I saw a picture that I have seen in ads, has a url on it. Another had 'By:---' right plain as day on it AND a copyright for 2002. That pic was 'uploaded' into their gallery in 2010.... Also ALL comments are disabled on her 'pictures' and all the comments are hidden on her profile. Suspicious.... And I'm seeing the majority of them are posted on Nov. 15th.

Username: Nina159

(Warning: Some odd stuff in there. I refer to 28 and 29 in her gallery)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:41 pm
Thanks. Reported her, I know the original artist, she will be pissed.(http://www.sefuart.net/mainframe.html)(18+ site)

mad Why would she claim that as hers?

The other pieces belong to random pixiv and (insert Japanese version of fourchan here) users. Now to hunt those artists down too xD  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:04 pm
that chick has one serious fat fetish ಠ_ಠ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:15 pm
FINALLY. Thank you.

I was holding that in c:  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
it had to be said, its just something that you cant die happy without saying.

the face is a nice add on there.

Kingdom of Chatterboxia!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff