Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
The radical man has a radical plan [I] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 pm
I've actually thought of this idea a while ago, but I thought it was so crazy I never shared it with anyone. But with the constant talk of zOMG getting shut down, I thought i might as well propose it to you guys.

Look. There has to be a million of support groups like this one, but no matter how many we make the situation just seems to get worse and worse. And now it seems like the people of HQ are taking a new direction, trying to improve the "core features" of this website. Their main reason as to why they won't support zOMG is because "it doesnt make enough money", but many of these core features their improving (mini-games, forums, etc) don't even make profit! So what the hell is going on?

Whatever reasons they have for ignoring zOMG, what needs to happen is clear. They need a good smack in the face.

We've seen it work before. When they banned the cig items a year ago, we all BAWed to the point where our throats were to sore to BAW no more. But we're going to need to do something more in order for them to see we really care about zOMG.

So what do we do?
We boycott.
EVERY
FEATURE
ON THIS WEBSITE.
(except zOMG)

They monitor the traffic on all features of this website. If posts in the forum, and usage of other things, drops dramatically, they'll be FORCED to do something.

The only problem with this plan is that not many people would give up every other feature on this site just for zOMG. Here's what I think we should do; seeing as gaia's main feature is the massive forums they have, we can create guilds representing each of the forums, all linked back to this ones. With enough people involved, we can make fully functional clones of the many forums on gaia, that will sap the life from the real ones.

So, is this the stupidest idea i've come up with yet? Or do you think I'm onto something?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm
This'd be perfect if only more people were willing to go through with it.

Not enough people are devoted to zOMG to make a difference if we boycotted everything except guilds and the game itself.  

Ave Machina

Fashionable Dabbler

8,600 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm
Ave Machina

Not enough people are devoted to zOMG to make a difference if we boycotted everything except guilds and the game itself.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:49 pm
Ammonia Spike
Ave Machina

Agreed.

More agreed.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Kain-Senpai

Mysterious Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:05 pm
SykoCaster
Ammonia Spike
Ave Machina

Agreed.

More agreed.

Even more agreed.

The best we can do is, to continue playing zOMG!, is to purchase the items out of Nic's shop and bring our friends into the mix. We can try to hold events specific to zOMG! and advertise to the user base. For example, I'm trying to get my clan to organize, "Beat the Boss" Event.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Well thats what makes the plan so damn CRAZY!
Out of the MILLIONS of gaians in existence, we'd need a good chunk of them for this to work.

While we obviously dont have that many gaians to support the cause, we do have enough gaians to kick the plan off the ground. think of all the clans, groups, and petitions out there. If we could get the whole zOMG community to boycott, the rest of gaia would surely follow.

How? Simple. Friend connections, pressure, a taste of rebellion, an a clear crisp explanation as to why zOMG is important.

That last bit is the most important. It's the one thing nearly every person who screams "we need to save zOMG!" lacks. Nearly all gaians who have stopped playing zOMG say they have because after EB, it just got boring. Yet everyone seems to forget to point out that if we had a big and strong zOMG team, we'd be receiving so many updates the game would never become boring!

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:43 pm
well at the moment, zOMG! and Rally are sort of in a tie of popularity, though i still think that zOMG! is more popular, and i lik this idea though how do u plan on getting ppl to prevent from using the core features, like forums and stuff?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:44 pm
I also thought of this earlier, but figured no one would like the idea.

But I was going to suggest that we boycott the whole site, not logging in at all.

Also, you know there aren't really as many Gaians as they claim right? I'm betting over half of the "more than 7 million unique monthly users" are mules, or abandoned accounts.

I myself have two mules... mrgreen  

RafiCat

Mega Hoarder

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm
RafiCat

But I was going to suggest that we boycott the whole site, not logging in at all.

Also, you know there aren't really as many Gaians as they claim right? I'm betting over half of the "more than 7 million unique monthly users" are mules, or abandoned accounts.

>_> how would this help at all XD the devs and mods would think that we all quit gaia cuz they shut down zOMG! or sometin, and then the site is abandoned! oh god i don't like this idea at all XD besides i don't think i could go a day without logging on at least once lol  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:05 pm
im into boycotting everything except zOMG
but we still have to post in the zOMG forum.
Right?
If the staff sees the majority of activity in the zOMG forum and zOMG itself, they will get the idea.
Maybe...  

RubyRedSmashball

8,950 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

RafiCat

Mega Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 pm
cnoisy
RafiCat

>_> how would this help at all XD the devs and mods would think that we all quit gaia cuz they shut down zOMG! or sometin, and then the site is abandoned! oh god i don't like this idea at all XD

oh no no we would post that that is what we are doing.

cnoisy
[i don't think i could go a day without logging on at least once lol

lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:25 pm

I think posting in the zOMG forum is perfectly acceptable because it is an extension of zOMG. It's things like the other forums, the other mini-games, and the arena that we are aiming to take down.

I also think it would be best not to do everything at once. If we do gather a nice amount of people who are willing to boycott, we boycott the minigames first. then as the group grows we boycott the arena's. And if we reach critical mass, boycott everything not zOMG related [except for the guilds].

I'm glad some of you agree with me, but for those who don't: we should at least TRY, instead of dismissing the idea because it's too complicated, or difficult, or extreme. The only way we'll know for sure if it wont work or not is to try first. And if it doesn't succeed, at least we gave it are all.

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kain-Senpai

Mysterious Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 pm
Boycotting is only going to hurt those willing to participate. It's never the answer, no matter how extreme the situation is. Keep this idea in your pocket, and look at other avenues that may be more beneficial to zOMG!, Staff and User's alike.

It's not a matter of trying, it's a matter of what would work best. If you put all your eggs into one basket and it drops, you have broken eggs.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 pm
Kain-Senpai
Boycotting is only going to hurt those willing to participate. It's never the answer, no matter how extreme the situation is. Keep this idea in your pocket, and look at other avenues that may be more beneficial to zOMG!, Staff and User's alike.

It's not a matter of trying, it's a matter of what would work best. If you put all your eggs into one basket and it drops, you have broken eggs.

Exactly how will it hurt those willing to participate? Every other option has the exact same meaning as boycotting does, we're trying to show that we care about zOMG. But boycotting is the final, and most meaningful option. It shows that we care about zOMG so much we're willing to put everything else aside for us to keep it.  

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Euphonious Cantabile

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 pm
But I like posting in the forums...D: I'm also active in the guilds...

I actually do both--post in the forums and play zOMG. I switch off between the two--I play zOMG when I'm bored with the forums, and I go to the forums tab when I'm bored with zOMG for the moment and don't feel like farming anything. Multitasking, yo.  
The Think Tank

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff