Submit

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Save Modmas!
A Role-play Extravaganza

The Story
'Twas a dark and snowy winter night. Gambino paced back and forth in front of his mantel, a warm, fiery glow lighting his face. "The Mods are gathering, Sir. They're coming from near and far, bringing gifts of gold and items. The citizens are all cheering and lining the streets. It's an all-out celebration," Gambino's faithful Labtech 1337 reported. "NO!" bellowed Gambino into the hearth of the fireplace, causing sparks and embers to shoot forth. "This cannot happen. Not again! The words on the lips of every Gaian last year were "Modmas this" and "Modmas that"! Not a word was mentioned about me, the richest and most powerful figure in all of Gaia. . .I will not stand for this. I will not allow them to forget me. They will all see that this Modmas is nothing but a hoax and that I, Johnny K. Gambino, am their true friend." With fire dancing in his eyes, Gambino spoke once more. "We will crush Modmas and all those foolish enough to try and make me insignificant. . .Assemble everyone. . .We attack at dawn.."

Disclaimer: This does not follow the actual Gaia storyline in any way. I am merely using figures from Gaia fiction. This does not represent any hint or leak of future storylines. . . at least not that I'm aware of.

Your Mission
    Fight Gambino and his minions and save Modmas from being destroyed!

How To Join
    To be eligible for prizes and participation, you MUST join the Save Modmas! guild and create a thread. A link to the guild is here. If you do not do this, you will NOT be considered for any prize.

The Game
    You will each be fighting three tiers of enemies individually. Only the first tier is unlocked at the beginning; the others will be unlocked as the event progresses.
    You may fight the same enemy multiple times if you wish.
    You MUST defeat the lower tier enemy at least once before you can fight an enemy from the next tier.
    The first three individuals to defeat all the tiers will find themselves in possession of vast riches.
    Prizes will be given out for best role-play style, most dedicated, most defeats of a specific enemy, and more.

The Enemies
Tier 1 - Grunnies
User Image
These furry little creatures may seem cute at first, but don't let that fool you. They've been made specifically for attacking anything they see. They're ferocious and hungry, and they're only the beginning of things. . .
AC - 10
HP - 40

Tier 2 - Labtechs
User Image
Due to years of experiments gone horribly wrong, these labtechs have become virtual supersoliders. Their incredible physique is only rivaled by their pursuit of new test subjects.
AC - 12
HP - 60

Tier 3 - Gambino
User Image
Johnny Freaking K. Gambino, the very man himself. A bitter and selfish rage has engulfed his mind and soul, transforming him into a depraved and empty shell of his once glorious self. The only thing standing between him and the complete destruction of Modmas? You. . .
AC - 16
HP - 70

How to Play
    NEW EDIT: PLEASE CEASE ROLE PLAYING IN THIS THREAD! ALL ROLE PLAYS SHOULD BE HELD IN THE SAVE MODMAS! GUILD
    You are allowed to attack TWICE a day. (12:00am through 11:59PM PST)
    Your weapons will be two 20-sided dice.
    The first dice will be your AC dice, while the second is your Damage dice.
    To attack, you must roll an AC that is equal to or greater than the AC of the enemy you are fighting.
    If your AC dice meets the above requirement, then you subtract the roll of your Damage dice from the remaining HP of the enemy you are fighting.
    If you wish to role play, you may edit your post after your roll to describe what your character does. The role playing must reflect what the dice show.
    When you defeat an enemy, you must post in this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20644445 Please follow all instructions within it.

Rules
    One entry per user. This means no multiple accounts. If I find that you are using two or more accounts, all of your accounts will be disqualified.
    No cheating. Do not try to alter or distort the rolls/damage you do. I will check your posts to assure correctness. If I find that you attempted to cheat, you will be disqualified.
    Do not attack more than twice a day.

Prizes
    1st place - A $25 Gaia Cash card, provided by our lovely Gaia HQ, and your choice of any ONE 2005 Monthly Collectible
    2nd place - 500,000g and any ONE 2005 Monthly Collectible
    3rd place - 250,000g and any ONE 2005 Monthly Collectible
    Other prizes - Play and find out wink

Example Posts
Rolled two 20-sided dice (14 and 9), 1st attack of the day
Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 14
Rolled damage: 9

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 31

Remaining daily attacks: 1

Rolled two 20-sided dice (8 and 17), 2nd attack of the day
Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 31

Rolled AC: 8
Rolled damage: 17

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 31

Remaining daily attacks: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm
How to roll the dice

Step 1: Create a new thread/post

Step 2: Select the Roll Dice option from the Post Action menu
User Image

Step 3: Choose to roll 2 20-sided die
User Image

Step 4: Complete the rest of your post as you normally would and then hit Submit.  

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

Save Modmas!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas