Welcome to Gaia! ::

Save Modmas!

Back to Guilds

Guild for organizing the Modmas roleplay 

Reply Save Modmas!
Rannchan's Adventure to save Modmas! (enjoy the story!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you reading my story?
  Yes! I like it.
  Yes, but I don't like it.
  No. Too long, didn't read.
  No, I just want gold from this poll.
View Results

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 pm
User Image User Image
Rannchan was sitting in her office. It was a large office, being the Guild Captain to the largest Word Games Guild in all of Gaia. Her Cherry wood desk was recently polished, though you could hardly tell from all the paper-work strewn upon it. The moonlight filled the office from the large window behind her. Rannchan didn't seem to pay any heed to the paper-work... Her eyes closed, she was enjoying a nice hot cup of Hot Cocoa, all her worries drifting away...

All of a sudden, Narune enters the office in a huff. "Captain! I'm afraid there's bad news!" Narune's greens hair bouncing as she bounds forward to the desk. "I've received news that Johnny K. Gambino is planning on ruining Modmas. We must launch a counter-attack!"

Rannchan places her hot cocoa down on her desk. It was only about half-full with only 2 marshmallows floating in it left. Her blue curls bouncing gently as she stands up and looks Elegant Narune straight in the eyes. "Why does this always seem to happen to us? Last year we had a zombie virus outbreak, last month we had a major theft of some very important Guild artifacts stolen and now a rich, evil madman is out to destroy a perfectly fun and happy holiday!" She emphasized her point by slamming her hands down on her desk.

"I don't know Captain, but the first wave attacks at Dawn! They may even come after our Guild Hall!" Narune hands the folder she's holding to Rannchan.

Rannchan took the folder and opened it to it's first document. There seems to be a photo of a large amount of Grunnies in cages. "So these are what we must fight in the first wave huh?"

"Yes Captain. What shall we do?" Narune had a very concerned look on her face.

"Get Rannkun and make an announcement to the entire guild. We must make sure that everyone is armed and ready to take on this challenge. Have everyone make a perimeter around the hall." Rannchan started walking to the west side of the room as she talked. "Anyone not needed for the perimeter will be going with me to take them head on. We will try to stop them before they even reach here." Rannchan deftly slid open a panel in the wood wall revealing a number pad. She quickly typed in a series of numbers and a large panel on the wall opened revealing a large spiraling stone staircase. "We need to stop them not only for ourselves... but for all of Gaia. Everyone should be able to celebrate whatever they want without evil stopping them." With this, Rannchan ascended the staircase.

The end of the long staircase revealed a large dojo; every wall was covered in just about every weapon you could think of. Rannchan stepped over to a wall of swords. With a calculating look, she grabbed a blue Coral Sword. "With this, I shall lead my team to victory over the evil Johnny K. Gambino."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:49 pm
User Image User Image

When Dawn had arrived, Rannchan had formed a small army. There was a perimeter of people surrounding the Guild Hall. She turned to Elegant Narune and said, "Narune, I need you to stay here and lead those who stay here to defend the Hall."

"Yes Captain!" Narune saluted Rannchan, a laser pistol in her other hand.

Rannchan nodded. "To those who are joining me in the frontal assault, be sure you have any weapons you may need and follow me! I believe that they have already been released. We can find them closer into town. Now, we're off!" The members of her assault force cheered and followed her as she lead them down the road into Barton.  

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 11 Total: 28 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm
User Image

Rannchan and her small army from ASWGG marched into Barton. As they approached Barton Boutique, they saw them. Thousands of Grunnies let loose on the streets. There were already many people attacking them, despite the early hour of the morning. Having paused in shock for only a moment, Rannchan gripped her sword even tighter as she yelled, "CHARGE!!!"

Her assault force immediately charged upon the Grunny force and started to attack the creatures. One seems to have spotted Rannchan herself and leaped at her. Instinctively, Rannchan swung her sword at the creature. The hit was true and it hurt it significantly.

Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 17
Rolled damage: 11

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 29

Remaining daily attacks: 1  
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 14 Total: 32 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm
User Image

With her last attack successful, Rannchan decides to go on the offensive with the Grunny. With concentration, she stabs at the Grunny. With blood pouring from it's side, Rannchan knew that she had made a powerful hit against the evil creature. It looks back up into Rannchan's eyes... anticipating her next attack...

HP: 29

Rolled AC: 18
Rolled damage: 14

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 15

Remaining daily attacks: 0  

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:44 am
User Image

Rannchan and the Grunny stared each other down. The Grunny was bleeding pretty badly but it still had determination. Rannchan broke the stare-down and lunged forward with the sword. Seeing her movements, the Grunny dodged and bit into Rannchan's left arm. It hurt... Rannchan really felt the sting of the blow, but she had to fight through it. With the Grunny still holding on to her arm, she switches her sword to her right arm and attempts to hit it with the butt of her sword...

HP: 15

Rolled AC: 8
Rolled damage: 6

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 14 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am
User Image

With a mighty swing, Rannchan missed the Grunny. With her arm in such pain, she couldn't aim quite right. The Grunny did not seem to appreciate her flailing however, and let go of the arm. When it landed on the ground, it went for her leg...

Rolled AC: 9
Rolled damage: 14

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 4 Total: 19 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:54 am
User Image

The Grunny aimed for Rannchan's leg with it's razor sharp teeth. She didn't want to be bitten again. With the same foot the Grunny was aiming for, she kicked him away. It didn't do the damage she was hoping... but perhaps it was just the distraction she needed to land the killing blow...

Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 4

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 11

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 20 Total: 37 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 am
User Image

While the Grunny was stunned from the kick, Rannchan raised her blade high. With all the concentration she could muster-- she brought the blade down on the Grunny's head. With a loud crack and a squelching noise... the Grunny had been beheaded. It's body went limp almost immediately; it's head was rolling a bit as it landed about a foot away from the body. It's blood stained the blue coral blade as well as the patch of grass that she had been fighting on. Looking down, a thought fleetingly flew through Rannchan's mind... 'You know... they are kinda cute.' At that very moment, the pain of her arm reminded her what it really was and she looks up around her instead of at it's body.

Looking around, many Grunny have already been slaughtered. Their blood staining all of Barton. The force from ASWGG has been doing well in their eradication. As Rannchan looks around to them, she sees that they seem used to this-- ever since the Zombie attack on the guild last year, they seem to take to fighting easier. Looking to others here in Barton, many locals seem less inclined. They just wanted to enjoy a Happy Modmas... and Johnny K. Gambino just won't let them. It was this, that fueled Rannchan on. This battle continues to rage on-- and Rannchan is here to stop it.

HP: 11

Rolled AC: 17
Rolled damage: 20

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 0

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 13 Total: 25 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am
User Image User Image

With her mind made up, Rannchan started to charge into the town. A shout stopped her, however. It was a recognizable voice. Rannkun was jogging towards her carrying a first aid kit.

"Rannchan! I was sent to help heal those who have been hurt." He sounded quite concerned. Before Rannchan could say anything about the dangers, Rannkun butted in with, "Don't worry, I've got a blaster on me to keep the creatures away from me."

Rannchan nodded. "Good. Could I have a quick bandage on my arm? Then I'll be good to fight them again."

"Sure." Rannkun kneeled down and Rannchan did the same. He pulled out an antiseptic and a roll of bandages. He poured the antiseptic over her bleeding wound and she winced something fierce. Ignoring her obvious discomfort, Rannkun continued to dress her wound. "There. All done."

Rannchan looked at the superb job he did wrapping her arm. She bent it slowly in a few directions. "That'll help for now-- LOOK OUT!"

At that moment, a Grunny appeared behind Rannkun and was lunging forward at his head. Luckily, with Rannchan's alert he was able to move out of the way just in time. The Grunny missed his head and landed in between them. Rannkun pulled out his laser pistol and took a shot at the creature. The shot hit the Grunny right in the front right leg. It took some serious damage but was still ready for a fight. Rannkun started to take aim with his pistol once more when Rannchan stopped him.

"Don't! I'll finish this one off! You need to help the people down there in Barton!" Rannchan took an attacker's stance against the little green rabbit. With a nod, Rannkun ran off deeper into Barton.

HP: 40

Rolled AC: 12
Rolled damage: 13

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 27

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 5 Total: 21 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 am
User Image

Rannchan was facing off with the Grunny whose right leg had been shot off. It was a strange sight to be sure, but a battle was a battle. With a yell, Rannchan started charging at the Grunny. The Grunny tried to charge as well but only managed a weak sort of angry hobble. The unpredictability of the Grunny's movements however, confused Rannchan enough that she tripped over her own attack attempt. It wasn't all a waste though-- when she fell, she fell onto the Grunny. It let out a hurt squeaking noise and wriggled about trying to get up. Rannchan made it to her feet and looked at the Grunny trying to catch it's breath. This was getting harder with every movement.

HP: 27

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 5

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 22

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 3 Total: 23 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:43 am
User Image

With the Grunny trying to catch it's breath, Rannchan was still a little dizzy from her fall. Thinking that she needed to attack before the Grunny regained it's footing, she aimed to kick the Grunny; keep it disoriented. With a wind-up, she kicked at the Grunny. It hit dead on but did very little damage. The Grunny seemed to get even more disoriented though... the kick doing it's job.

HP: 22

Rolled AC: 20
Rolled damage: 3

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 19

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 3 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am
User Image

The Grunny has been disoriented, but so has Rannchan. Shaking her head, she looks down to the Grunny. It also seems to be shaking it's little head. With some aim, Rannchan decides to slash at it with her sword. With the slash, came off one of the Grunny's ears. Blood spurting from the wound. The Grunny didn't seem too phased by the loss of ear, but didn't seem to like it either. It also seems to have gotten it's bearing back-- ready to attack.

HP: 19

Rolled AC: 19

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 16

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 12 Total: 17 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:47 pm
User Image

The Grunny hobbled back towards Rannchan. At the same time, Rannchan swung down the the Grunny-- The results of these actions was what one might expect. The hobbling was unpredictable and the Grunny managed to avoid the blade. Rannchan was now unbalanced and got her ankle bitten. Cursing, Rannchan winced in pain.

HP: 16

Rolled AC: 5
Rolled damage: 12

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm
User Image

The Grunny being so close to her feet, Rannchan did not want to risk a sword attack in case she missed. She decided to go for the disorienting kick instead... Unfortunately, the Grunny didn't seem to like Rannchan's loud cursing and started to hobble away. Rannchan closed her eyes and tried for the kick-- missing miserably. Falling on her butt, she loudly shouted, "DANGIT! STOP HOBBLING AROUND YOU EVIL BUNNY!"

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 2 Total: 11 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:21 am
User Image User Image

With that last outburst, Rannchan heard a yell from just down the road-- back from the direction of the Guild Hall.

"Rannchan! Are you okay?!"

Recognizing the voice as Rannie, Rannchan responded back with, "Not really. I could use some help!"

Rannie appeared behind Rannchan with a Laser Pistol in one hand and a small laptop in the other. Taking aim, Rannie shot at the Grunny... and missed. "Tricky Grunny..."

"Why did you bring your laptop?!" Rannchan was incredulous as she saw Rannie.

"Hmm? Well, it's to try and help me compute the best ways to rid the town of hordes of them and to keep in contact with Narune back at the hall. I was sent out to scout everything and report back." Rannie was re-aiming her pistol as she talked.

Rolled damage: 2

Attack UNSuccessful.

Save Modmas!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff