Reply Save Modmas!
A Shinigami Story Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kawaii_girl_michii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 am
Disclaimer: For Save Modmas! 2010 only. I do not own Gaia or any of its characters.
---------------------------

Prologue: Lost

"C-Cold..."

A snowflake fell gently against the white cheek of a young woman, waking her up from unconsciousness.

It is snowing.

The girl opened her eyes slowly, still dizzy from her deep slumber. The soft December sunlight makes her squint before she can fully take in her surroundings.

She is lying on the ground. On a thick sheet of white. On snow.

"Snow?!"

Shiva suddenly stood up to finally grasp her predicament.

Ubi Fan?
Check.

Bone Scythe?
Check.

Wind Halo?
Check.

Wings?
... ... ...

She panicked. Her Shinigami wings is gone, nowhere to be found while everything else around her is white except the milky skies above her, the one place she considers home.

She eyed her surroundings. She is on a snowy patch of nothingness in the middle of nowhere. Now she is sure that she has fallen--literally--from Valhalla, home of the Calm Spirits, of Sparklies, of Mod-Gods, and Angels of Death such as her.

And she is on Gaia, world of mortals, and emotions, and pain. Yes, she can feel pain--from her ribs, from her back, from behind her head. She, too, is mortal, without her wings, now replaced by flesh that feels pain and spirit easily swayed by emotions.

She picked on her memories, trying to remember what happened. She tried to remember, but nothing came. Her fall must have been that hard.

Then a low, bellowing sound whispered in the wind, making Shiva turn around. A dark wisp of smoke came from the horizon. A train perhaps. A spark of hope. And when there's train, there must be civilization nearby. She knew she had to go that direction.

But as soon as she took a step...

"OW!"

A sheet of paper smacked right in her face. The letter read:

Extremely Confidential: For Labtech Distribution Only

I WANT YOU FOR THE J.G. ARMY!
The Mods are gathering and the Force needs you to fight with Us in a Battle to prove our Power and Significance in Gaia. Take a Stand! Victory to Gambino! - Signed: Johnny Gambino

A photo of a big, blonde guy with his finger pointed in the reader jeered beneath the notes.

"This guy's crazy...." Shiva thought. "...going against the Mod-Gods? Sheesh."

Going against the Mod-Gods...

The thought sank in. Someone is going against the Masters of Valhalla--her Masters. And he's assembling an army. Fast. She had to do something. She'll fight Johnny Gambino's army, find the man himself, and...

"Ouch!"
A sharp, piercing pain came from her toes, cutting her thoughts. She looked down and saw little red eyes staring back at her with much hatred and disgust.

"Die you &%$@#! critter!" scream

But as soon as she raised her Ubi Fan to strike, another piercing pain made her stop. Another bit her heels.

Her eyes grew wide when she saw a pack of four... six... ten more grunnies hopping excitedly to her direction...ready to sink their teeth into her now mortal flesh.

Cute and furry sure they are, but Shiva knows that this little creatures are only the front line of a bigger trouble yet to come...

And they must be defeated. At once.

kawaii_girl_michii rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 am
Dec 7. First Attack.  

kawaii_girl_michii

kawaii_girl_michii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:37 am
kawaii_girl_michii
Dec 7. First Attack.

Enemy: Grunnies
These furry little creatures may seem cute at first, but don't let that fool you. They've been made specifically for attacking anything they see. They're ferocious and hungry, and they're only the beginning of things. . .

AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 1
Rolled damage: 4

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining HP: 40

Remaining daily attacks: 1

kawaii_girl_michii rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 2 Total: 18 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 am
Dec 7. Second Attack.  

kawaii_girl_michii

kawaii_girl_michii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:43 am
kawaii_girl_michii
Dec 7. Second Attack.

These furry little creatures may seem cute at first, but don't let that fool you. They've been made specifically for attacking anything they see. They're ferocious and hungry, and they're only the beginning of things. . .

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 2

Attack successful.

Remaining HP: 38

Remaining daily attacks: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 am
Day One

"These should be an easy kill..." Shiva haughtily thought as she put down her Bone Scythe in the snow. She doesn't like fighting when she's obviously in advantage, so she decided that the Wind Fan would put her and these little monsters in a little bit of the same level...

The bites sure hurt, but she's pretty sure that her Shinigami skills should make roast bunnies out of this critters in a few seconds...

As the grummies lunged for an attack...

(First attack.) "Wind Slash!"

Shiva exclaimed as she whisked her fan, expecting a sharp gust of wind to strike into her attackers at once. But nothing came of it.

"W-Why?"

One bit her again in the leg.

"AARGH! Get off me!"
(Second attack) Taking the fan again, she struck the grummy right in the head. With a whine, the creature dropped on the ground.

Staring into the unconscious creature with a bump on its head, it was then that she realized that along with her immortality, she also lost her powers. There is no choice but to fight heads-on, tooth against tooth, without Shinigami powers she knew so well.

Eleven more to go...  

kawaii_girl_michii

VolcanicWolf

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
So the fight has begun between J.G. and the God Mods. I wonder how well each side will do. I wonder if I should continue to be a merchantary or follow my gut. Well let's see if anyone could change my mind.

Upon a cold-icy hilltop I heard screams of someone. From that scream they seemed confused and in pain. A few minutes later... and she still hears screaming Maybe now would be a good time to go check things out. I ran to go see what was amiss.

There I found someone in pain and attacked by those strange creation of Gambino's. They are Grunnies! The person who was attacked does not seem to know what they are. Is she not from around here? I wonder. Well Either or I should help out.  
VolcanicWolf rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 3 Total: 16 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Rolled AC: 13
Rolled damage: 3

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 37

Remaining daily attacks: 1  

VolcanicWolf

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Expert Skill 150
VolcanicWolf rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 20 Total: 24 (2-40)

VolcanicWolf

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 20

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 37

Remaining daily attacks: 0  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:13 pm
Well that wasnt what I expected. Oh well everyone has their on and off days. Well today was possibly a bad day off. Hmmm Well today is the second day of the Modmas, I suppose, at least I believe it is. I wonder who this chick is. No I suppose I'm not the most clever or "PROPER" girl, or at least I think so. The truth is I barely know anything. I was raised here on Gaia. Though people always look at me wierd, they seem to like me, hate me though when they are demolished by me...maybe me or are these flutes that do the doing. Either way my luck is still unknown. I stare at this girl who is flailng around like a maniack because of the Grunny. I hit the Grunny off of her and then ask "Who are you?"  

VolcanicWolf

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Expert Skill 150
kawaii_girl_michii rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-40)

kawaii_girl_michii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:28 am
Dec 8. First attack.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 am
kawaii_girl_michii
Dec 8. First attack.

HP: 38

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled damage: 6

Attack unsuccessful.