Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm
Hey! Welcome to my rp for this years Modmas event!

Just a few things about how I'm going to set this up:

1. Please don't post here. It's written in the rules to not post in other peoples threads for this event; so kindly adhere to that, and all other, event/forum rules. If you have any comments about the storyline or anything, please don't hesitate to drop me a pm! I love interacting, but i would just like to stick to the rules for this. 4laugh

2. I take zero credit for the characters used, other than my avatar's character.

3. Story based posts will be in the "ornate" post style.

4. Battle posts will be in the "shout" post style.

5. Have fun!

6. We can do this!

Best of luck to everyone else out there who is doing this!

~Ciao,
Xesmereth  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 pm
She knew what this assignment meant. There was no shame in what she was about to do to infiltrate Gambino's mansion, she told herself. Hopefully all would bode well for the young Gaian on her first large mission for the Barton Regulars.

She let out a sigh as her stomach churned; she had never been this nervous.

As the young Regular sat waiting for her cue, she mentally prepared herself for what she was about to do. She recalled how this came to be...

Earlier that day:

Leon stood in front of the gathered company, doing his best to hold the attention of the younger members. After a few moments, the room went silent, and all eyes fell on Leon and the report he held in his hand.

"We've heard word that Johnny Gambino is planning an attack on Modmas his year." He bellowed.

The previously quiet room filled with murmurs laced with confusion and trepidation.

"Now," his voice was louder and stronger. "We have an infiltration mission planned." Everyone looked around the room nervously, wondering who the mole was going to be. "We still need a volunteer, however, for this plan to really take off."

The Regulars tensed up.

"Those of you who have spouses or children waiting for you, you may go. The rest of you, please stay."

The aforementioned Regulars practically stampeded out of Headquarters.

Very few Regulars were left. Leon summoned them to form a smaller group. As he explained the details of the mission, the scared or uninterested left the building.

In the end it was between two of the younger, newer recruits.

"Well," Leon said. "I'm afraid one of you two ladies will have to head the mission. You're new recruits, and thus won't be easily recognized."

The two girls looked at each other and exchanged un-spoken words. The older one saw the tremendous fear in her younger friend's eyes, and nodded.

She stood and faced Leon and Elizabeth. "I'll go," she said. She looked back down at her friend and smiled.

"Xes.." The smaller one hushed timidly. "Thank you," she murmured before rushing from the building, almost in tears.

Elizabeth sights and rest an arm on the young recruit's shoulder. "Xesmereth, this is an incredibly important mission," she said solemnly. "If puled off successfully, this will mean almost instant promotion. Not to mention the utmost respect from both Leon and myself."

"Thank you," Xesmereth said. She was more nervous than she let on, but she knew that someone had to go through with this.  

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm
Xesmereth was dressed to kill, a true bombshell.

Never before had she felt such nausea. It felt as if she was going to be sick, but she held it down. Composure was key for this mission.

She heard the bars creak,

She stood straight as the mansion gate opened. she strode towards the main entrance with a forced air of self confidence. It felt so very slow, even though it only took but a few minutes.

The doorbell sounded, and she put on the best look she could as the door opened.

Labtech 1337 stood staring for a moment, and Xesmereth could hear a loud booming voice come from beyond the foyer.

"Well! Who is it?" It was a deep bellow that could belong to none other than Johnny Gambino himself.

The labtech jumped slightly. "A young girl," he said.

Johnny strode into the entranceway and his harsh expression softened. "Ah yes," he cooed. His voice was much warmer, but that sickening sense of power was still behind every word. "Please miss," he held out his arm. "Do come inside."

Xesmereth tensed up, but forced a smile. It was now or never.

Later That Evening:

Xesmereth quietly crept through the halls of Gambino's mansion. There was a muffled ringing noise, and she quickly reached to silence her phone.

"Hello?" she whispered. She heard Elizabeth on the other line.

"Xesmereth! How is everything going?" She sounded relieved.

Xesmereth sighed. "It's going as planned. Gambino is asleep, the sedative knocked him out just like you said."

"Good."

"Yes I-" Xesmereth heard a low squeak behind her. As she turned, she saw two glowing red eyes hopping towards her. "Elizabeth, I have to go."

Xes heard her superior protest as she hung up the phone and took out the battery. "Okay grunny. What do you want…"  
Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 8 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:19 pm
Xesmereth equipped her rings, hoping that she had enough stamina to get through the rest of the night.

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 40
Remaining daily attacks: 1

She rushed forward. "Gotcha!" Her Hunters Bow pierced through the poor grunny, doing 8 damage. But she wasn't done yet.  

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-40)

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:22 pm
She tried to cast her Solar Rays, but the attack missed, leaving her open to the enemy.

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 32
Remaining daily attacks: 0

The grunny lunged at her, sinking its teeth into her ankle. Xes let out a short, painful, cry.

She had to force herself to be quiet. Xesmereth was able to shake off the little monster and heal herself. She hid behind a pillar and anticipated the little bugger's next move.

As she waited for her stamina to increase, she felt her heartbeat frantically in her throat.

It was only a matter of time, but for now she had to wait.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 pm
Xesmereth ran throughout the halls of the mansion, trying to lose her little furry follower. But the little guy just wouldn't let up.

She tripped on an upturned corner of the rug and fell face first onto the floor. As quickly as she could, she got up and darted for what she believed to be the nearest bathroom.

When she had safely locked herself inside it, Xesmerethput the battery back into her phone and called Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth, it's me." There was a slight pause, then the sound of yelling. "Calm down!" Xes forced. "There was someone following me, I had to cut connections."

"Who was following you?" Elizabeth asked, she sounded reasonably perturbed.

"What, you mean."

Elizabeth sounded confused and slightly worried. "What?"

"Yea," Xes said. "I'm not too proud of this, but-" She paused. "I was attacked by a grunny."

She could have sworn that she heard Elizabeth sigh. "Just watch your back, and keep us posted."

"Yes ma'am!" Xesmereth ended the call and prepared to go back out into the hallway. Her stamina was back up, and she was ready to continue this.  

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Autor's Note:

I hope to keep people mildly entertained with this, so if anyone reading this has any comments, please send them to me in a personal message

whee

~Ciao
Xesmereth  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 pm
can i have the grunny piz sad i needed it  

Kululu750

Shadowy Hunter

8,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm
101dark_blade101
can i have the grunny piz sad i needed it

I appreciate your enthusiasm friend, but please don't post in this thread. The rules say not to post in another's threads. Just for flow and neatness sake.  
Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 2 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 am
She heard the grunny squeak and grunt as it sped up, wanting to get another bite in.

Xesmereth again used her Hunters Bow, dealing a lowly 2 damage to the annoying beast.

"Ugh," she exclaimed in disgust. "Just barely got it!"

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 30

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 10 Total: 28 (2-40)

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am
Xesmereth looked down at her right hand, waiting for the ring to charge back up. It was one of her few long range rings, and she didn't want to risk getting bitten again.

The ambient glow of the candles in the hall made the rings appear to shimmer. This was going to work.

Quietly, but intently, she aimed her shot.

"Alright!" She made sure to keep the celebration quiet. "Right in the side!"

Her arrow did a decent 10 point damage. The grunny whimpered in pain.

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 20

Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 18 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:28 am
Xesmereth charged up her Solar Rays, and cast. But just a moment too late as the grunny hopped out of range.

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 20

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Xesmereth rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 20 Total: 40 (2-40)

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 am
She muttered in disappointment to herself as she readied herself for a close range attack.

She felt her heart pounding in her chest; her stamina was low.

"Please," she muttered to herself. "Don't miss."

She charged up, and let it all out.

Grunny
User Image
AC - 10
HP - 0

Critical! The grunny whimpered and fell into heap on the floor.

Xesmereth sighed as she slumped over on the wall for support. That fight had taken far too long for her liking.

Footsteps were heard from the halls above her…had the sedative worn off already?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 pm
Hurriedly, Xesmereth scrambled down the hallway. After all, she did still have to find Gambino's study.

She went room to room, searching for anything. No sooner had she contemplated falling over from exhaustion, she stumbled upon it.

"This is it…"

She crept through the door and shut it as silently as she could. Making sure to lock it, so as not to be interrupted, she began searching the desk for the battle plans.

She was rifling through Gambino's desk, looking for anything that could potentially tip her off to the location of his forces.

As she was looking through one of the books, she heard the footsteps again.

This time they were closer though.

Someone was outside the door.  

Xesmereth

7,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Save Modmas!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash