Gather, fellow heros!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm
"Modmas is in danger!" I cried when I saw the first Grunny approaching. For a moment I saw a future that could potentially be: decorations in ruins; colorfully wrapped gifts shredded and torn; Gaians fleeing from the former scene of festivities, a place now tainted with bloodshed and terror. I blinked my eyes rapidly to clear that vision of a worst-case scenario, and heard the first screams erupt from the crowd behind me. I shook my head to banish thoughts of disaster, and tried to believe my eyes as the number of Grunnies facing me grew--they were multiplying like rabbits! I couldn't run away and let Modmas be ruined, but it became increasingly clear to me that neither could I save the celebration alone. I drew my precious Archangel's Blade and called, my voice clear and strong, "Gaians, to me! Gather, fellow heros, and stand your ground! Fight--for Modmas! For holiday cheer! For GAIA!" With a roar, we charged into battle.  
Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 20 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:43 pm
Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 40

Rolled AC: 3
Rolled damage: 20

Attack failed.

Remaining enemy HP: 40

Remaining daily attacks: 1

I charged forth with my allies, a wave of determined fighters, wishing I knew why grunnies were attacking. Hadn't they all been defeated when Gambino's... My thoughts trailed off as I saw, at long last, the obvious--that the only possible mastermind of this attack was Johnny K. Gambino. I closed with my Grunny, scarcely aware that only a few seconds had passed. To my shame I swung wide, missed my target, and banged my sword against the cobbles. In my defense, the dawn attack meant the sun shone in my eyes. I ruefully acceded the wisdom of Gamino's strategy: not only was the light against the defenders, but we were all tired from a night of partying and enjoying ourselves. The recoil from the blade's strike against the road jarred me. I almost lost my grip--a terrifyingly close call--as the grunny launched itself at me. It crashed into my solar plexus and knocked the breath from my lungs; I desperately sucked in air as I followed the bounding green demon back towards the revelers.  

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 13 Total: 18 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Rolled AC: 5
Rolled damage: 13

Attack failed.

Remaining daily attacks: 0

I swung again at the grunny I'd chosen to target, but once again I missed--this time, simply because I couldn't anticipate the creature's wild leaps. I blushed with shame, but kept after it. I may be one of the most inexperienced fighters here, I thought, but I will NEVER give up! This grunny will fall! I raced behind the bouncing green tail like a Gaian possessed, and glanced around quickly to see my comrades fighting bravely and well. I spared a thought of pride, that the attack could be repelled so easily--my own failures aside--before a fresh realization washed over me with the cold certainty of an unhappy truth. This isn't all, I thought with dawning horror. Gambino, jealous tycoon that he is, wouldn't spare a single gold piece in trying to destroy our beloved Modmas; he could afford much more than a horde of grunnies, deadly though they were. I chased after my foe with renewed vigor, full of the terrible conviction that this was only the first wave of evil breaking over us...  
Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:52 am

Rolled AC: 1
Rolled damage: 2

Attack failed.

I felt useless--the grunny didn't even seem to notice my pitiful attempts at attacks--but something burned in my chest, and wouldn't let me give up. I decided that the only course of action was to attack again, but at that moment the grunny I was chasing so determinedly stopped dead. Desperately sprinting as I was, trying to stop led to a fall from grace--literally! I tripped over the grunny and went flying, nearly impaling myself upon my own sword. As I picked myself up, I wondered, Did that even COUNT as an attack? On the bright side, the grunny did seem to notice my existence at last; it eyed me scornfully, red eyes narrowed as it evaluated me. I felt a chill run up my spine, shuddering with the force of my foreboding. Despite my sudden attack of doubt, I planted my feet and prepared to stand my ground.  

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 18 Total: 21 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:54 am

Rolled AC: 3
Rolled damage: 18

Attack failed.

I faced off against the beast, trying to retain my nerve as I stared into those horrid red eyes, eyes the color of blood and fury. With a gulp I lunged, a powerful move, but this grunny proved much more skilled than I had anticipated: it sprang up and landed on the flat of my outstretched blade, using it as a springboard to leap for my face, claws out and glinting in the dawn light.  
Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Rolled AC: 8
Rolled damage: 8

Attack failed.

As the grunny flew towards my face, I reacted involuntarily; and as I took a half step back out of alarm, my natural klutziness kicked in. I stumbled over the edge of a cobble and went down, the furious beast soaring through the air where my eyes had been only seconds before. As I fell I flailed with my blade, but the complete lack of coordination and planning guaranteed a wild miss. The grunny landed on the road past me, unharmed, and after a moment in which we both scrambled to regain our footing it turned to face me again. I took a deep breath and clutched my sword with both hands, steadying it.  

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 10 Total: 18 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Rolled damage: 10

Attack failed.

The sword shook slightly, even with both hands gripping the hilt: I was getting tired. Worst of all, I was gradually losing confidence and the will to fight as everything I tried proved fruitless. The grunny tensed in preparation to attack; weary in spirit, I slowly moved into a guard position. This time, rather than leaping, the grunny sprinted towards me, zigzagging left and right to make itself a harder target. I had time to halfheartedly console myself with the information that this grunny was an above-average example of its kind's fighting skills before the creature was upon me. Hardly focusing, not expecting to hit and therefore guaranteeing a miss, I swung the blade down. Lo and behold, my timing had improved: although I did no damage, the tips of two whiskers floated to the ground as the grunny broke off its attack, veering sharply away.  
Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 am

Rolled AC: 10
Rolled damage: 3

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 37

That close miss energized me. If I could come that close to hitting the grunny's head, then it was still possible for me to do some good! This time, I ran at the grunny. It was perfectly still; then, with a well-timed leap, it sprang out of my path--but not soon enough to avoid a shallow slice across one ear tip. I whirled back to face the monster, inwardly crowing with triumph. A blow actually landed!  

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 20 Total: 35 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:02 am

Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 20

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 17

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 15 Total: 16 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Rolled AC: 1
Rolled damage: 15

Attack failed.

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 5

Attack failed.

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 5

Attack failed.

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 9 Total: 15 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Rolled AC: 6
Rolled damage: 9

Attack failed.

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Rolled damage: 4

Attack failed.

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

Kitcat6363 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 3 Total: 19 (2-40)

Kitcat6363

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 3

Attack successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 14

Save Modmas!