Reply Ye Olde Lobby
So we're hunting for tampons now?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ric_PT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:47 am
I'm posting on the forums, only to notice a pink silhouette on the screen.
Upon clicking it, I find out it's a tampon scavenger hunt.

I'm gone only for two weeks and THIS happens?

BEST. EVENT. EVER. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:07 pm
Ric_PT
I'm posting on the forums, only to notice a pink silhouette on the screen.
Upon clicking it, I find out it's a tampon scavenger hunt.

I'm gone only for two weeks and THIS happens?

BEST. EVENT. EVER. rofl

I was expecting annoyance and disgust at the event and then your last line made me laugh!  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 pm
I thought that most guys were afraid of tampons. rofl You know, Tampex gave out items a while ago. They gave the Tampex white flowing dress (or something close to that), and it was actually a really great item that was widely used. I have been wondering ever since I got that item if the "flowing" part of the item name was supposed to be a joke on what tampons are used for.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:21 pm
lilchibiusa
I thought that most guys were afraid of tampons. rofl You know, Tampex gave out items a while ago. They gave the Tampex white flowing dress (or something close to that), and it was actually a really great item that was widely used. I have been wondering ever since I got that item if the "flowing" part of the item name was supposed to be a joke on what tampons are used for.

Oh man! Now I can't use the item without thinking about that.. rofl  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Oh, CHIBI! Geeeeez! Now I'm like Camwen--I can't get that image out of my head! stressed

Although, I remember that when I first joined Gaia last year and that Tampax event was going on, there was a lot of joking that the Tampax item should've been the Angelic Parasol. After Chibi showed me the picture of the Angelic Parasol, I couldn't agree more! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 pm
The Angelic Parasol was called the Gaia Tampon way before Tampex ever became a Gaia sponsor. blaugh

And, you're welcome for my giving you that mental image. Now, as hard as you try to forget it, it will linger in your head. Once you see it/think it, you can never go back. twisted rofl xd heart Okay, let me share something else with you. You remember [NPC] Queen Riverwisp, right? Someone posted a thread in the GCD about how her head very closely resembles a pokeball, and I couldn't see her head as anything but a pokeball after that. If you don't know what I mean, find a picture of her and see for yourself!  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 pm
Why, yes, it does! I don't even PLAY Pokemon, and I even saw the resemblance right away. I guess my friends' Pokemon obsessions are starting to rub off on me. Now it's time to return the favor and get you addicted to scrapbooking, knitting, cooking, and SOAP OPERAS! twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 am
Just so you know I had to look up the Queen and the umbrella to see for myself. Heheh you are soooo right. rofl It's funny how things can get a weird association with something and you can never go back.  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Ye Olde Lobby

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces