Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
Dorothy Morrison

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JackalGrrl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 am
I have recently started reading some of her books I currently own Utterly Wicked and her holiday book Yule is on it's way in the mail to me. I actually like reading her books. She does have quite a bit of good information. What do you guys think of her?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:26 pm
If I've ever picked up one of her books...it was so long ago I can't remember reading it. Sorry!  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm
If I remember correctly, Dorothy Morrison is an elder of the Georgian Tradition, which is an Initiatory Witchcraft Trad. My understanding is that it is fairly similar to Trad Wicca, however it is missing the core mysteries and cannot trace lineage to Gardner or the New Forest Coven.

As far as I know, her books are fairly decent, as long as one realizes that they aren't really about Wicca.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 am
I read her book "The Craft", and I thought it was decent. I liked that she explained more about most of the Sabbats than a lot of introductory type books. She also talks about each of the full moons, and gives a lot of different ideas on how you can incorporate seasonal ideas into your practice. Her chants (for spells and stuff) I don't like so much, a bit cutesy for my style, but they do give okay examples as to what you could do.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games