Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
The Sims 3 for PS3~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:01 pm
What do you think of it?? :'D I personally love it, although I still to get use to it compared to the PC version. Lol. No more mods and cheats, at least not that I know of right now.

I'm going to google for more tips and stuff for the game. :3 I got it as an early bday present. <3 Today is my birthday, but I got the game 2 night earlier.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:51 pm
So one likes it or what? Or is the guilds just plain old DEAD?? Dx  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:07 pm
Eh, it normally takes a few days for a replay in any kind of Guild.

I really want to get it, but I wasn't all to sure how much I'd be "downgrading" if I were to buy the PS3 version after already having all of the PC ones. I never liked the Gamecube ones, simply because everything was so limited, and having kids is one of the main motifs in my games, so the non-child bearing games kind of bother me.

Is it worth it? What are some pros and cons?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm
Personally, its pretty much the same as the pc version. Just not a lot of editing the town and people. At least not that I know of right now. Also once you start a family you won't be able to switch to another household unless you start a new save game. At least I haven't been able to find a way to switch yet. :/ Maybe I'll google it.

You can however have children, and get all the main jobs in town. . . and met people in the town and wander and stuff. It just loads between different areas.

I love the Karma, and challenges and points to get from them. x3 There is also lifetime wishes and points as well. I'm not sure yet if you can have twins or triplets like the pc game. I'm too afraid to try. XD I'll be way too hard and scary. LMAO. Maybe once I get more use to game I'll see if you can. But right now its a little hard. XD I'm use to using MODs and cheats when I play the pc version.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:12 am
I'd like to try it, but at the same time I don't.
Usually when it comes to a PC game vs. it's remake-ish type of thing on another system, I just stick to the PC one since I'm used to it.

What's different about the PS3 one?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:43 pm
Oh well that's surprising! I wasn't aware that you could have kids on the other systems than the PC. This actually sparks my curiosity now. I've heard about the karma, but how often can you get it? It it something that you'd get tired of after a while? I mean, I love the idea of controling your sims with a PS3 Remote, because it's just easier to be under a blanket and use the controler other than having to freeze your hand (it's been very cold lately in my house) while using the mouse. XD

Are there about the same ammount of outfits as well? I know in the gamecube version there were little to no diversity between outfits.

Darth Kosher

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 pm
Oh yeah, the clothing~ You can change the style and colours and everything for both furniture and the clothes!! And there are variety with clothing. *nodding* They haven't gotten any new clothing yet in the PSN Store. At least this was last week. I haven't been able to play it lately. n n" Too busy at the moment. Getting ready for the holidays. Heh.

You can also change all their features in create a sim, and have 8 sims in a household I believe. I'm too afraid to try though. Lmao. o___<;; Oh yeah, about their features you can also change the hair colours and eyes colours. Pretty much the same with the PC. I have yet to find anything that's really different in the game compared to the PC version. . . besides all the new challenges and trophies and karma. . . and overall layout of the control panel and whatnot. Its all really really fun~ <3

There is even story progression. I haven't really looked at the lifetime thingyy. changing the age or turning it off n stuff. I should probably take a look at that though next time I play. ;D Haha.

ANY OTHER QUESTION?? Post them. <33  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 pm
I think I'll borrow it and see how I like it. So far from what you send it sounds like it would be cool.

Although, one thing I don't like about it, is that you're not able to go online and play with your friends sims, are you?  

Can i b ur savior

Alec Eifel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 am
I have it for xbox360 and im addicted. I like that now I dont have to sit in my terrible computer chair and I can now lounge in bed to play sims. And it is a lot like the pc version compared to the older sims games for gamecube and such.

I figure the xbox version is a lot like the ps3 version, so maybe you can help me out. Do you by chance know how to kick out a sim? I googled it and cant find anything. My sim's bratty stepson is now a young adult and I want him out of the house, so the youngest son can have his bedroom and he can stop hogging the bathtub. Also, is it like the pc version when you kick out a sim you can still run into them in town? Id like to keep in touch even if he's a complete a*****e.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm
Do you get quite a few trophies (for the PS3 level) from the Sims 3 on there? Or are there just a few? I would love to get that game if I can level up my account on the PSN.  

Darth Kosher

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 pm
LOTS OF TROPHIES~! Its all for the challenges you can complete I suppose. O: Theres tons though. I just don't remember which ones I've gotten so far. Heh. n n I haven't played it in awhile though. Was out of town the holidays, so left all my games behind.

I'm sure you can kick out a sim. Just have them look for a house and choose to option to move them out and NOT have them as the active household. I don't know if you'd be able to get back into your last household again. o_<"

I wish there was a way to switch between the households. If someone has found a way let me know~!! heart emo  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 pm
I might rent it to see how it goes, before spending another 60 bucks on it. I have a ton of Sims for my computer, but I can see how this PS3 sims fits me. Better to test it out for $7 bucks for a week, rather than blow $60 on something that I'd realize I wont really use.

I might just rent it to get the trophies. Since I'm addicted and my collection is colorful. =) Haha.

Darth Kosher

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 am
Oh, and I forgot to ask about multiplayer. I've been researching it online, and nothing really talks about the multiplayer aspect of the game. Can you play with more than one person? If someone else has the game, can we play online together? Or is it just a one person deal?

I'M ALSO GETTING SIMS 3 FOR THE PS3!!! =D
Thanks to my grandmother and her spotting it for $35 brand spankin' new! Haha. I'm pretty stoked now, but I refuse to look into it now because I don't want to spoil any surprises. XD  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games