Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HELP! Unwanted Entity! EDIT: Turns out it's a demon D: Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 am
Well, recently, I have been sensing things upstairs in my house. Only in my bedroom, it's mostly always cold, and the heating is on. When I sleep, I feel a cold presence come over me. And I feel like I'm being watched. Also, I have felt an unseen force push me down the stairs a few times, and I can feel a lot of negative energy. I know for a fact there is an unwanted entity there. I burn incense in my room sometimes, and recently, it's been letting off a lot of smoke in vast amounts. I know this is a sign of negative energy and a dark being.

My friend, Mike, who is a medium told me he knows about this, and there's also a good spirit in the house. Which he said is a guardian.

I have recently bought a book called: Natural Magic by Pamela J. Ball. There is a ritual in it to rid of entities, and purify a home.

One of my friends recommend I use holy water, but I feel the ritual will work best.

What shall I do? In all honesty, I'm really scared of being upstairs and in my room now.

Should I do the ritual? - If so, I need a chalice, banishing incense and a bell.

If holy water, what will that do?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am
Holy water is meant to bless a person or thing. It might work by itself or you could use it in your own ritual. Try it first and if it doesn't work try the ritual you read about. It's a matter of faith.  

Angel Bruja

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:43 am
Angel Bruja
Holy water is meant to bless a person or thing. It might work by itself or you could use it in your own ritual. Try it first and if it doesn't work try the ritual you read about. It's a matter of faith and information.

I see. The ritual menchines I mark doors and windows with salt water from a blessed chalice. I know what I have to do on that part.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 am
may i suggest using a spell of protection? if the dark spirit is trying to hurt you, the spell can help with that.  

Lady Keigh

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 am
Rose Singato
may i suggest using a spell of protection? if the dark spirit is trying to hurt you, the spell can help with that.

Okay. I'll have a look. Thank you!

EDIT: The book only lists certain incense which are used for protection. Are there any spells you can give me which you know of?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm
hmmm... well this is one a friend of mine taught me, and it worked when a dark spirit tried to posse my home:

You get something sliver (jewlery usually works best, since you can wear it to protect you) and burn jasmine and rosemary incense. As the incense is burning, you hold the silver in the palm of your hands, chanting, " Protect thy owner, hence be known. Thy evil spirit forever begone." You chant that 3 times, then you keep the silver item with you at all times.

I wear a silver locket with that protection spell on it, and ever since it seems like dark spirits always are at bay. I hope it works for you!  

Lady Keigh

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 pm
Rose Singato
hmmm... well this is one a friend of mine taught me, and it worked when a dark spirit tried to posse my home:

You get something sliver (jewlery usually works best, since you can wear it to protect you) and burn jasmine and rosemary incense. As the incense is burning, you hold the silver in the palm of your hands, chanting, " Protect thy owner, hence be known. Thy evil spirit forever begone." You chant that 3 times, then you keep the silver item with you at all times.

I wear a silver locket with that protection spell on it, and ever since it seems like dark spirits always are at bay. I hope it works for you!

I used to have a protective necklace. It was silver with a turquoise stone. But, I lost it. I don't have any silver jewellery, sadly. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Oh no! That has to suck some major a**, my friend. Try it with some silver twigs and walk around your house, placing the twigs in the most populated rooms of your home. But do it with the jasmine and rosemary incense, chanting the chant I just told you.  

Lady Keigh

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:27 pm
Rose Singato
Oh no! That has to suck some major a**, my friend. Try it with some silver twigs and walk around your house, placing the twigs in the most populated rooms of your home. But do it with the jasmine and rosemary incense, chanting the chant I just told you.

Don't worry. I'll think of something...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm
Okies! Good luck! 4laugh  

Lady Keigh

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm
Rose Singato
Okies! Good luck! 4laugh

Thank you ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm
No, stop it. These are not signs of negative energy and "dark beings". They are signs you are in need of a dehumidifier.

If indeed there is a spirit in your house, first ascertain what it is. Saying hello is a decent start.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:47 pm
Indeed, it's highly unlikely that this entity is a demon, or a particularly negative entity at all. Being "pushed" down the stairs isn't where something of that nature would stop. "Demons" as most people like to refer to them, prefer to make life for everyone in the house as miserable as possible. They aren't as docile as some supposed pushing and thick smoke.

Also, I've never heard of thick incense smoke being signs of negative energy. Usually it just means there's an oddity in the mixture, such as extra moisture in the wood or the powder itself. So unless moisture is significant of demons....

I would suggest taking a moment to really step outside the box and look at the situation. If there's an unidentified entity floating around your home, chances are this knowledge will cause you a bit of tension, anxiety, and general "negative" emotions/feelings. So, it's possible that the negative energy you're feeling is a projection of your own.

Anyway, hold off on the banishing spree and do some meditating. You say there's a guardian in your house as well? Well, have this guardian mediate a meeting between yourself and whoever this entity is.

And before everyone jumps on the "It'll possess you!" bandwagon, let me fill your heads with a little extra willpower. Growing up, since I was highly intuitive, I had a lot of these experiences. I don't know when, but I decided if anything these "negative entities" should be afraid of me, not the other way around. This thought process was probably brought about by my witchcraft practice or somesuch. But, same basic principle. If I can manipulate general energy on this plane, what's keeping me from limiting these "negative entities" and their effect on myself and my surroundings?

Well, nothing. Plain and simple. This is our plane, they're the interlopers, so what the hell do we have to be afraid of?

But yeah, much rambling later, hopefully you get the point.

Also, don't fuss over rituals and chanting and whatnot. Just focus on the end result. It's better to put all your energy into that instead of worry over if you're chanting right or if the candles are the right colour and are you sure you're using the right incense? Yeah...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:44 pm
Angel Bruja
Holy water is meant to bless a person or thing. It might work by itself or you could use it in your own ritual. Try it first and if it doesn't work try the ritual you read about. It's a matter of faith.

In Christianity (and I use this broadly, including Catholics, Mormans, Judisam, etc), Holy water (which is just water blessed by a priest, but "true holy water" is blessed by the pope. Again, a religious belief) is believed to have "blessed powers" for vanquishing demons, unwanted spirits or entity. It's said to do well when coupled with a copy of the Holy Bible (preferably Kings James Version), and a crusifix. But, one's faith usually determins what decision one makes to beriding themselves of a deamon or a spirit.

There are skeptics in all faiths, and Wicca, Neo Paganinsm, etc, is NOT an exception. I personally belive in Paranormal beings, and I show them as much respect as I would any living being.

I would reccoment doing the ritual, and maybe ask a few friends who share your faith with you to join in. Power in numbers, is always a good idea to keep stashed away. If you do the ritual(s) and they seem to do nothing for you, by all means, try any and all options available to you. But be warned- some spirits will not/cannot leave. If, after everything is said and done, the problem persists, I reccomend trying to comunicate with the being, saying that it frightned you and you now understand that it has personal ties to this world. Mayhap request that it also respect you by leaving you and your family alone. If all else fails, talk to someone who is more experienced, and see what they suggest.[
GOOD LUCK!

User Image Thank you for reading this productive and entertaining post. IF you have any questions or comments, please sit on a catus. Wishing you a fantastic day, from Random Naughtyness Productions, Mildy-Inappropriate  

Mildly-Inappropriate

Mildly-Inappropriate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm
oOGarrettOo wrote:

Quote:
Well, nothing. Plain and simple. This is our plane, they're the interlopers, so what the hell do we have to be afraid of?

People fear what they do no know, or do not see.

User ImageThank you for reading this productive and enlightening post. If you have any questions, please feel free to sit on a cactus. Wishing you a fantastic day, from Random Naughtyness Productions, Mildy-Inappropirate  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games