Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
zomg staffing/rings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

star dazl

Firebreathing Lionheart

32,125 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 am
So i know from my friend on here that some of them are using their mule for zomg because when they were first starting out they either did not pick up their ring or they salvaged on accident or something like that. Rings if they are in the market place are really expensive so no buying it there. They need to come up with some way for them to get another ring. Or have it so people can put in a request for a new ring.

I know that this would take proper staffing to do but they need more people working on Gaia any way. The game gets bugs and then is no longer able to function properly. I have been in saw mile wen its lagging super bad you can’t see what ones you have killed already. The lag in other areas keeps you from going places and collecting loot. A big staff would take care of this.

-star

update: 12-16-10

so the mane thing is zomg needs like every two weeks to be taken off line for a litte bite and have bugs worked out and lags fixed. i wasnt on gaia or palying zomg when people were buying their way throught the game i all ways wonderd why they were sole bound. wen you go to crew up wont the leader see that you dont have a ring and not crew you?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:05 pm
There are ways to get rings (even without a ring to begin with - simply crewing with others in Village Greens and staying on the same screen until a ring drops). This is something that proper coordination between users might help.  

Atrash the Squidmonger

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm
Which ring are you talking about specifically?

It's not hard to get new rings. I get them all the time while orb/badge farming with a crew.

If I'm in a full crew, and everyone is fighting hard, I get two rings an hour, three if I have Fortune's Favor equipped. For some reason I keep ending up with a Pot Lid. I've had to discard that ring sooooo many times it's ridiculous!

The higher CL the area you're farming is, the better rings you get (and they have a better salvage rate too!)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:39 pm
Obtaining rings through Crew run can be bit of a hassle, especially because it's a game of chance. The ring dropped might not be useful to you or might not be the one you're looking for. However, you get them for free anyway.

Having said that, I agree with both of your statements. Lag is a major issue and I seriously wouldn't mind if they added something to zOMG to get rid of it. Most people have a decent internet anyway. Also, though it's fair that we cannot sell rings because most people just bought their way to a 10CL, there should be a way for us to trade rings. You know, maybe ring for a ring. Kind of like trading Pokemon works inside the game; you can only get someone's Pokemon if you trade one in return.  

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 pm
No, trading rings will get abused. I can see it. All it takes is one person sending another person a "donation" of G and then the other person "thanks" them with a high CL ring and BAM! People will be buying their way up again.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 am
I think that the zOMG team needs to grow and give us better rings through cool events, like Jack 2k10. But, I think if you salvage the only ring you have, well too bad. You need to listen to Leon in the beginning of the game, and it warns you if you are about to salvage a ring; especially your last ring.

Crewing is not a bad thing and that is the best way to gain rings. It is also a great way to make new friends. People who buy rings are missing the point of zOMG. Playing it and earning not only the rings but the experience to be able to use them effectively is the reason why the Admins don't just hand them to us right at the beginning. What is the point of having a CL 10 when you have no idea what a buff check is, or what divinity does?  

ValKyriePunk20

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100

star dazl

Firebreathing Lionheart

32,125 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 pm
just updated like the point you made allready.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:58 am
star dazl
So the main thing is that zomg needs to be taken offline for a little bit every two weeks and have bugs worked out and lags fixed. I wasn't on gaia or playing zomg when people were buying their way through the game - I always wondered why they were soulbound. When you go to crew up won't the leader see that you don't have a ring and not crew you?

The bugs can be worked out while zOMG is still up (although they do generally need a bit of downtime to make the changes to zOMG itself once the solutions have been figured out). To have new bug fixes of such a kind every two weeks would be pretty impressive with the small team being thrown about as they are.

If you mean for crewing to get a ring - it is simple to explain to people that you simply need a ring drop. Unless the crew is full, there is no practical loss to people in adding another crew member. Lots of people understand the trouble and will go out of their way to help players stuck in that problem, much less just do exactly what they were doing before, helping the player in the process.  

Atrash the Squidmonger

The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff