Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Your Stone Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 pm
Does anyone have a special stone? One they connect to, and it reminds you of who you are? Like it's a piece of you?

Well, I found mine two years ago on holiday. It's a blue onyx stone. I was drawn to it when I got it. Its energies were magnetic.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 pm
I tend more towards shells than stones.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:36 pm
I think I'm pretty much drawn to Bloodstones...not entirely sure, but also a type of bluestone (?) too (the ones found at Stonehenge, I have a keychain of a stone from there). Otherwise, I haven't really gone through the stones I have or really sought after any in a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 pm
i found one about 7 years ago while on a school trip though i'm not sure what type it is ,as when you put it in water it becomes transucent enough to see colours through it and when dry it sparkles slightly under the right light. i searched along the beach for another but i was the only one my friends and i could find, i was drawn to it and have kept it since. ^.^  

unseen shadow moon

Beloved Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

Lady Keigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm
Me and my friends went hiking one day, and I found this jagged purple stone in the middle of a small creek. I looked up what it was when I came back home, and it was a small chunk of amethyst. I don't know what's so special about the stone (amethyst?), but everytime i do a ritual or spell, I always must have it close by.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm
I like Amethyst beside Topaz and Jade.
And I have a little small pearl which I adore.

But I mostly use stones I need at that moment.  

pompoennetje

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 pm
I love rocks. Been picking up shiny or weird looking rocks since I was wee. (Although when I think about it I was never really "wee".)

I have quite a few, at this point. I've heard all the arguments against keeping polished stones, or even pieces of rough - they've been mined in abominable ways, their spirit or energy is gone, etc, etc. I try to buy mine from people I know at gem shows, who know where their stones come from, or mine them themselves, respectfully.

Most of my interactions come with the stones that I wear, not the ones I keep for magical work.

I have synethesia. A lot of how I feel and perceive the world is caught up in colour. Smells have colours. Sounds have colours. I describe things as colours, although I know most people will not understand the depth or detail that has in my mind. Stones are something I can use to 'tune' into some of this, and work it to my purposes.

-------------------------------------------

I'm a garnet slut. Everyone's got one stone they just melt over, and mine's garnet. I often have to tell myself to bead in something else, simply because I use it a lot.

Labradorite is not far behind garnet. I love the range of colour it makes, the range of colour in the matrix, even. NOM.

Carnelian is a constant - it's my energy and strength stone. I can't wear it all the time, but if I need a little fire it's good.

I use onyx as a backdrop a lot, but if I really want its' sort of properties I use black tourmaline instead. Really good onyx, btw, is slightly transluscent, and might have a bead or two that has a streak of white or clear in it. That is how you know it's the 'real deal'. A lot of onyx comes dyed.

Amber works wonders with my wonky solar plexus chakra, but I haven't worn it much since I started working in BTW. I can wear it again now that I'm an initiate, but I find I don't. I miss it, because it sums up the sun-connection I have with some of my deities - but something keeps me from wearing it on a regular basis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some stones I have love-hate with. Water stones are the hardest for me.

Iolite I love, but can't always wear.
Clear quartz is too bright for anything long term. (There are newer matte beads that are easier to wear.)
I butt heads with Lapis - too set in its ways.
Pearls make me weepy, even if they're lovely.
Amethyst is a good healer, but is kinda flakey.
Moonstone is gorgeous, but it's way too pale for me. Somehow that enervates me. I recently found a really superb pendant that's got a really bright rainbow in it, and I wear it a fair bit, so this might be changing.

Some stones are just a no.

Brown, gold and red tiger's eye looks nice (and looks nice on me, specifically) but I'm not fond of it.
Hematite I'm allergic to.
Turquoise really really turns me off.
Malachite doesn't like me at all.
Neither does blue lace agate.
I'm thinking it has something to do with structure, but I'm not sure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find more stones I like as time goes on. In the last few years there have been a few.

Kyanite - like being struck by lightning. Very high vibration, cleans and aligns all your chakras at once. I always had blades before - now I love wearing it.

White topaz, which is like quartz without the "shiny happy people" feeling, and also not as cold.

Golden topaz - sun-drenched Air.

Golden rutile quartz - sometimes called 'Venus' Hair'. I'm really drawn to bright golden solar stones, although I don't wear them as often as I should. I have to work on my solar plexus chakra a lot.

Green tourmalinated quartz - like the golden rutile quartz, only with thin lines of green tourmaline. It evokes northern forests, for me.

Hessonite garnet - SO gloriously warm golden. Cinnamon and honey!

Blue tiger's eye - a lot softer and more subtle than the gold stuff. Strong but in a silent kind of way.

Apatite - the deep blue kind is like the spiritual energy of Air, I am finding. It's a mental stone, but not entirely intellectual.

Bronzite - which I am in love with. It's a hypersthene, so it has a dark matrix, and then these long spiky feathery threads of bright bronze needles that iridesce across the surface. It is magically earthy delicious. Dragon's hoard - gold and dirt.

Australite (tektite) - this is a meteorite. Australite is the name given to the polished stuff, since it mostly comes from Australia. It is black, but has fans of bright blue-silver iridescence through it, and sometimes streaks of shiny red, which I assume is from a metallic taint of some kind. Tektite is a stone for lucid dreaming. If you don't, you will. If you already do, prepare for some wild-a** crazy dreams. I use it intentionally, when I'm specifically looking for something in particular. If you are not a strong lucid dreamer, or just starting out, pair it with something to soften it - milky quartz, regular moonstone (not rainbow), amethyst. I instead paired it in one piece with some blue-flash labradorite - it's intensely psychic in nature. Stars on dark ocean, if the ocean was your brain.

Sapphire - SO nice, can't afford it, WANT it badly. Not sure why yet, have a lot of Libra in my chart that I think is an influence. I really seem to want Tundra sapphires, which are a golden-ish colour range, or the really dark blue ones.

Heliodor - I love beryl. Something about the stone, like amber, really amplifies my own energy work. I have aquamarine, which unfortunetely bears the same problem as other Water stones. Heliodor is the golden version of this.

Rubellite: Red tourmaline. WANT.

Indicolite: Deep blue-green tourmaline. Also WANT.

Really...Just tourmalines. Any colour! I love them all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Well, I found mine two years ago on holiday. It's a blue onyx stone. I was drawn to it when I got it. Its energies were magnetic.

Just a note:

Onyx doesn't come in blue or purple naturally. It is usually black and/or white, and occasionally a reddish-brown. If your onyx is a bright blue, it's been dyed. Doesn't make it bad or wrong - it just isn't natural.

If it's got a lot of swirly greenish colours in bands of white, cream and rusty browns, it's probably 'marble-onyx', or limstone onyx, which isn't actual onyx.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm
Tiger eye and I have a decent relationship. It's really the only stone I've ever been drawn to. I do enjoy its cousin, Tiger Iron, which has bands of jasper and hematite in it. The funny thing about that is when I have a tiger eye and a hematite separate, but together in my hand, they feel like they might blow each other up, but the tiger iron doesn't bother me. Maybe it's the jasper, lol.

I've never worked with Blue Tiger Eye though. Gold seems to be the most comfortable, but I have one particular red stone that I click with.

Other than that I've never really been drawn to or felt the need to work with any other stones. I'm generally not to big on them. Not sure why.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:34 am
I've always loved Turquoise, but I don't have any.
There is one little stone I found outside where we have a pebble bed for our swing, and it kinda reminds me of citrine, but I don't quite think it's anything like that. It's a gorgeous little stone, and it seems to bring me luck when I have it with me.  

IileyahWithTheStars

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 am
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

Just a note:

Onyx doesn't come in blue or purple naturally. It is usually black and/or white, and occasionally a reddish-brown. If your onyx is a bright blue, it's been dyed. Doesn't make it bad or wrong - it just isn't natural.

If it's got a lot of swirly greenish colours in bands of white, cream and rusty browns, it's probably 'marble-onyx', or limstone onyx, which isn't actual onyx.

It hasn't been dyed. Not that I know of, anyway. It probably isn't an onyx, that's just the name.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:24 am
I am also a long time stone collector, and some of the first stones I collected were just found stones that speak to me. I still have some of those, including some interesting finds (a couple of arrowheads and an incredible piece of fossilized coral).

I absolutely adore hematite. There is definitely something about it that calls to me.

I have a piece of cat iron (that's what the store I bought it in called it, though it sounds very much like the tiger iron that Garrett was talking about). It was one of those that I saw and just had to have a piece of it. I have a piece of labradorite that I had the same reaction to, just had to have it.

Two of my bigger pieces are a sphere of citrine that is about two inches in diameter that sits on my desk and a rough point of amethyst that lives on my bedside table. I'm not too connected to the citrine, but I have always liked amethyst. That point fits absolutely perfectly in my hand (which is neat because it isn't shaped or smooth, but the ridges just fit my hand well).

But the stone I work with the most is just a black garden stone. I used to live in Hawaii, and a lot of people have gardens with these black and gray stones, that are just under palm sized and smooth. I found one that fits in the palm of my hand and it has been the stone I use most in my workings, even more than a set of stones a friend gave me for casting with. Sometimes, as much as I love the fancy, pretty, sparkly or shiny things, the simple ones work best smile  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:12 am
Azareas Aquarinus

It hasn't been dyed. Not that I know of, anyway. It probably isn't an onyx, that's just the name.

If you had a picture of it I might be able to help. I can't identify it without seeing it. Blue stones are quite rare, however, and fairly expensive; hense why there are lots of stones that get 'colour enhanced', or just 'plain coloured'.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 am
One stone that I'm in love with is the star sapphire. My dad has a ring with the stone and I loved it so I bought my class ring with one and wear it every day. It's another stone that draws me, and I feel awkward when I'm not wearing it, but that might be due to wearing it every day for two years.... I looked it up and saw that it's supposed to protect from physical harm.  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

If you had a picture of it I might be able to help. I can't identify it without seeing it. Blue stones are quite rare, however, and fairly expensive; hense why there are lots of stones that get 'colour enhanced', or just 'plain coloured'.

Here:
User Image  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games