Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Who else is a writer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 pm
Seems kind of silly to ask in a guild full of literature lovers, but hey, if the call ain't made, it don't get answered.

So... Who else here writes their own stories or poems? Be it original stories, fanfic, what-have-you, speak up! =D Share a bit about your brainchildren, what genre you like to write in (if applicable), even chat through your characters if you have them. Talk about some of that old work you'd never go back to, or your future plans.

You'll prolly see me doing quite a bit of the IC chatting. I have a few active OCs that tend to shove their presence to the forefront of my mind. xD

Share! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 pm
I see myself as a writer! XD

In fact, right now i'm about to publish a book i wrote with a friend! the deadline is not that far away (On the 18th) that book is filled with. . . things that scare little childeren and make us laught. lol

I write a large number of fan fics rangeing from Full Metal alchemist to D.N.angel.

Anime is a big influce on a lot of my work. i live for anime and manga!

I have one origanal story that i love but haven't the words to start. Its about a world of demons called demon passers who have the ability to control atoms and "Pass" into diffrent Universes. The story follows the life a 15 year old named luke who finds out his is Half Demon passer and is the only one who has the power to defeat the darkness, or evil of the story.

I write a lot of Fanicy make believe crap. with Magic and demons and vamps. i all so enjoy a bit of romance every now and then and Action, lots and lots of action.

I wriet poems. . .sometimes. when i have the time and am in the mood. but i don't think there good. most of them just kinda fall apart in the middle or are just silly little rhymes.

As you can see. I suck at spelling. I could not spell for my life. so that sets me back in my writeing a bit.

So, Now you know about my writings. But i must say i'm a bit better at drawing (You can see my work on my DA page, which is in my Sig.) So thank you. *Bows*

darkmoonwriter

xXDragovian-SageXx

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 pm
I do enjoy writing myself, i'm currently working on a fantasy story i will try to even get it published when i make all the revisions to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm
I tend to find myself in the position of "idea guy" more than "writer". I have that nasty habit of getting great ideas, but getting a form of writer's block that hits before I've even started. It's frustrating, really. I just get so distracted, between school and family and other stuff.

I have one idea for a vampire story inspired largely by the real folklore, with two fictional inspirations being "The Exorcist" and the older movie adaptation of "Salem's Lot". For a while, demons were in what I call "The Red Pajamas" phase of their development in pop culture. They were tricksters mostly, and of course, were frequently depicted as people in Red Pajamas. Then came "The Exorcist" which ignored the Red Pajamas and went for the roots of demonology, as well as pulling from real modern cases of demonic encounters. Right now, vampires are in their own Red Pajamas, and I'd like to follow the footsteps of "The Exorcist" and present the story of one family's encounter with a vampire, going back to the roots of vampire lore as well as drawing from modern vampire stories like the case of Toma Petre.

Then there's the Bigfoot story, the elaborate Jason Voorhees fan-fic novel idea, ideas for a Batman comic I'd love to write for DC one day, and a bunch of other things that...I can't bring myself around to write up. gonk  

Saint Talavar

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm
I contributed to several stories for Chongo Chimp, Private eye over in Mudcat (it's a music site). Lots of fun! Would love to do that again.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 pm
hah hah ... i'm not a "writer" but i like to write.

see my post in the guild entitled "yay! i found it!"  

archenteron

Tagori

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:44 am
Yeah I love writing. I have drawers filled with notebooks all the way back to high school filled with poetry, verses and im a little embarassed to admit rap lyrics lol.
Back in high school this girl had been into poetry, and given me this 'mashimaro' notebook with verses in them. Told me to write some stuff in it, and it took off from there. Everytime I filled one up, she bought another one. I dunno why, but we ended up dating that year. and I dunno, I keep it for memories sake even if I dont really write poetry anymore.
A year after high school (2005) I took 6 months off cos I didn't want to go to university so I went overseas. When I came back I was stuck in this twilight year of no classes no work so all I read alot to keep myself from dying of boredom. Drove me to write stories, all of which I still have on my comp and various usbs. some okay. others barely a paragraph in. but man, i loved writing them. Recently I've outlined a couple of ideas for graphic novels with a friend of mine who's interested in the same things. But because work is hectic its taken me a year to even finish one up...
Anyways, sorry for the essay, just thought I'd share smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:58 am
I do a bit of writing on and off mainly prose at the moment (when I was younger, I was a lot more into poetry). I'd absolutetly love to do more but I'm doing A Levels currently so that takes up the majority of my time *sigh*

Only problem is that I simply fail at writing substantial amounts and so all of my work, while passible if I say so my self, is about two pages long *headdesk* However I really want to write something of a decent length so I'm planning on doing a sort of anthology affair that all relates to and follows a plot.... Hopefully....

Just Tsuki

bluelily3

Friendly Bibliophile

8,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:28 pm
I have my own OC's, and their own world in which they live, but lately I have only been inspired to write fanfiction. Preferably Dragonlance, since it is a reoccurring obsession with me. smile But no matter what, I just continue to write, so I won't get rusty. I get my inspiration from many books. I would like to write something in modern times, but fantasy seems so much easier for me! I have also written a poem or two, but I haven't been inspired for that sort of writing in years.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:40 pm
I'm not a real writer but I'm writing numerous stories of fan-fictions (Suikden Tierkries and Bakugan . . . but Suikoden Tierkries has more stories than Bakugan . . .) for practice. I work with another person with my stories, often acting it out when no one's looking, and it's quite funny what we come up with. I'm a Janam fan (scratch that- an Asad fan) and my "co-writer" is an Astrasia fan (especially of the Blades). We just love Astrasia and Janam.

I do have some original stories in mind but I have no idea about the plots! If you've got no plots- you've got no story!  

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:37 pm
Alas, I can think up a story plot and write a beginning, but I just can't write beyond that.I used to be ok with fanfiction, but now...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:32 pm
I've been writing for quite a while.

Started off with Harry Potter fan fiction and moved on to Cars (Disney/Pixar). I'll happily read LOTR fan fiction, though I haven't plucked up the courage to write any.

I've got a number of original stories (courtesy of NaNoWriMo) and a few poems. Currently attempting to write a fantasy novel, though it's slow going - almost three years down the line and still not finished.  

smile_clarenet

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TJ Moon

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:41 pm
Oh dear! I think I've got too many stories to count! I haven't even finished them! There was only one story that I ever finished. And that was for a school project.

I'm guessing that about 80% of my laptop's memory space is devoted to stories.

My longest story (unfinished. I'm not even halfway) is about 56 pages.

The longest series of books I plan to write is a series fo 6 books. Unfortunately, its a fan fiction.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm
i also like to write

short fiction

and much poetry.

maybe we should open up the writers' subforum?  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Purple Coloured Pencils

5,550 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 pm
I'm a writer and I hope to continue doing it up to when I publish at least one book.
I'm currently working on a novel that I started last May, but right now I'm distracted by writing Sherlock fanfictions. D: I should get back to my novel, I haven't written much since the beginning of January.  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff