Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Anyone own a Glock 19/Beretta 92? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:48 pm
I've got two 15-round magazines for one if anyone is interested... They're a little beat up due to deployment; and I've had to disassemble them without an armorer's tool on certain occasions, but besides cosmetic scratches/dents, they are in 100% working order. I'm giving them away if anyone wants 'em, just cover the shipping.

EDIT: Also, I've got four more-or-less brand new M9 magazines; so if anyone has a '92... same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:06 pm
I thought the .mil doesnt field them due to their standards for external safeties.

they changed it? eek  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:10 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I thought the .mil doesnt field them due to their standards for external safeties.

they changed it? eek

It wasn't exactly an "issued" weapon.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm
I heard similar stuff from some guard RSP guys. they all mostly carry glocks.

apparently during tryouts they hand you a glock 19 and say "this is a beretta m9, got that?"

meh...  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:36 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I heard similar stuff from some guard RSP guys. they all mostly carry glocks.

apparently during tryouts they hand you a glock 19 and say "this is a beretta m9, got that?"

meh...

Yeah. Something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 pm
OEM Glock? Because ******** yeah I'll go for that.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 pm
Fresnel

Both are marked "Glock Austria" and one has "Glock Inc., Symrna, GA" along the spine. I'd assume they're Glock OEM, but I'm no expert on Glock magazines, so you tell me. Here's a pic:

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:53 pm
Also, in case anyone was interested, the M9 magazines are made by Check-Mate (3) and Airtronic (1).  

Hydraulic Fluid

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 pm
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

Both are marked "Glock Austria" and one has "Glock Inc., Symrna, GA" along the spine. I'd assume they're Glock OEM, but I'm no expert on Glock magazines, so you tell me. Here's a pic:

User Image
Yep, that's Glock OEM. Most aftermarkets are made by KCI Korea, ProMag, or Scherer. But yeah, I'm definitely interested.

On another note, how DO you crack those open? I haven't been able to do it. I can't squeeze the sides hard enough to pop the bottom off, and vise grips feel like they're going to crack the mag body.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

User Image
Yep, that's Glock OEM. Most aftermarkets are made by KCI Korea, ProMag, or Scherer. But yeah, I'm definitely interested.

On another note, how DO you crack those open? I haven't been able to do it. I can't squeeze the sides hard enough to pop the bottom off, and vise grips feel like they're going to crack the mag body.

I used a knife and screwdriver, or screwdriver and pliers depending on how stubborn the magazines wanted to be on that particular day. Sometimes I got a bit frustrated, and things got a bit messy. Not too complex though, I can make a video for you or something if you want. Glock swears up and down that the only way to disassemble these things is with a Glock armorer's tool, but I tend to disagree.

ETA: You don't happen to be from Colorado or Arizona, do you?  

Hydraulic Fluid

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:35 pm
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

User Image

I used a knife and screwdriver, or screwdriver and pliers depending on how stubborn the magazines wanted to be on that particular day. Sometimes I got a bit frustrated, and things got a bit messy. Not too complex though, I can make a video for you or something if you want. Glock swears up and down that the only way to disassemble these things is with a Glock armorer's tool, but I tend to disagree.

I've got one of these, and still can't get it open.

Yeah... Arizona, actually.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

User Image

I've never used one, so I have no idea. sweatdrop

Anywhere near Tucson, perchance? I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Christmas leave, so we might not even have to bother with the shipping.  

Hydraulic Fluid

Hydraulic Fluid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 pm
Apparently, you need this.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 pm
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel
Hydraulic Fluid
Fresnel

I've never used one, so I have no idea. sweatdrop

Anywhere near Tucson, perchance? I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Christmas leave, so we might not even have to bother with the shipping.
Phoenix area, actually, but if you're coming from anywhere north you'll probably pass right through. I-17 and I-10 are both within easy striking distance for me.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out