Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
NARNIA!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:07 pm
I noticed there is no topic about The Chronicles of Narnia of the guild so... here it is!!! xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 am
Comment on Journey of the Dawn Treader: What happened to Caspian's awesome Spanish accent?  

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:57 am
you can see some of Lewis' democratic tendencies in his opposition to slavery, and his regarding all sentient creatures (talking) as equals.

i love his satire, he can burst the bubble of any proud person.

his Dufflepuds are just as intriguing and funny as the Oompa Loompas.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 pm
beaulolais
you can see some of Lewis' democratic tendencies in his opposition to slavery, and his regarding all sentient creatures (talking) as equals.

i love his satire, he can burst the bubble of any proud person.

his Dufflepuds are just as intriguing and funny as the Oompa Loompas.
LOL Agreed  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 pm
my favorite is The Silver Chair, with the underground fires like jewels; how fun it would be to see that in good CGI! and the giants, and the beauteous hypnotic green witch, and Puddleglum who was constantly depressed yet so brave and faithful.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 am
beaulolais
my favorite is The Silver Chair, with the underground fires like jewels; how fun it would be to see that in good CGI! and the giants, and the beauteous hypnotic green witch, and Puddleglum who was constantly depressed yet so brave and faithful.

Same for me! I also really liked The Horse & His Boy.

IDEK92

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 am
iSunako Nakahara
beaulolais

Same for me! I also really liked The Horse & His Boy.

we need to start a campaign to get The Silver Chair into 3D movie format, it would be a killer.

i especially like 2 things from The Horse & His Boy; one is that idea that "worry about your own story; that was her story', which Aslan says twice, as if history and society is very personal and the rules of fairness are subjective and psychological...?

and the other one is where the King says "When there is hunger in the land, act as if you have fed well, while eating nothing. Be cheerful, visible and active. Feel yourself to be the hungriest, but been seen as prospering. This is what your people need." or something like that.

it seemed both wise, because it prolly would inspire his people, they would feel things were not so bad, but if the King were obviously starving then they might just all give up, and it seemed noble because nobody would ever know of his own real sacrifices.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 am
Beckygan
Comment on Journey of the Dawn Treader: What happened to Caspian's awesome Spanish accent?

I Know, right? It bothered me. His hair was lighter too and I didn't like the fact that it seemed like Lucy flirted with him a bit. I also wasn't a fan of how they changed umm lets see...EVERYTHING! in the movie.

that's my spiel, tata for now  

Ranewan

1,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am
Sailor Dark Night
Beckygan

I Know, right? It bothered me. His hair was lighter too and I didn't like the fact that it seemed like Lucy flirted with him a bit. I also wasn't a fan of how they changed umm lets see...EVERYTHING! in the movie.

that's my spiel, tata for now

well, it seems to me that studios now believe they have to add (a) battle scenes and (b) hot romance to their scripts, whatever the book may have said. just take the way they expanded Arwen's role in LOTR. not that she should have been unimportant, but they had to cut out other stuff to build up her role.  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games