Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
Coliseum Trial Suggestion [I]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ToraHiroba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 pm
A day ago, I posted a response in the Coliseum Gameplay thread in the zOMG (Gaia's MMO) forum, and there I suggested a big idea.

You know that there are currently three types of trials? What if they implemented a new kind of trial? One that involves using your rings to entertain the crowd in some way? Something that could be done with or without Animated?

Here's how the Performance Trials could work- The user(s) perform for the coliseum crowd by fighting Animated a certain way (or using specific rings without an Animated present). If the pattern is debuff-buff-attack (with or without Animated present), and the user(s) perform the correct steps (which may include the proper rage ranks), the crowd cheers. Performing the incorrect moves will cause the crowd to boo. A cheer meter would be in place to show how happy the crowd is. The trial fails if the performance is poor, and it's a success if the performance gets the crowd cheering.

I know it sounds like something out of video games like Space Channel 5, or Guitar Hero, but if this had about...as many as twenty or so event possibilites built-in, the Coliseum would be the most popular place in Barton Town. Of course, the reward for a successful performance could be anywhere from gold and orbs, to recipes and loot. Maybe a ring or two perhaps?

Feel free to contribute to this and share ideas that would make the performance trials fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:44 pm
That's not a bad idea. It reminds me of Parappa the Rapper or Um Jammer Lammy. Underrated games but tons of fun nonetheless. Taking that idea one step further, you could do a duo or Crew trial, where a number of people would have to do a set of attacks in the right order, much like the Fountain game.

Also, another idea that comes to mind is creating a pseudo-tournament. You'd have to face a series of battles (Or maybe just boss battles) and you'd face one after another. And they could add that feature from the RIGs: If you walk away before the next fight, you get a small prize. But if you go on, you risk it all but you might get a much better item.

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

x_DeAngelo_x

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 am
Thats an awesome idea we need to crew sometime the one that posted  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 am
thats actually not a bad idea, it seems interesting enough lol  

cnoisy