Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ditheism and Identity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:32 pm
Aka "Who are your Lord and Lady?"

I'm a hard polytheist, and I worship the gods of the North. I also worship a God and Goddess Who claim no names Themselves, whom I refer to as my Lord and Lady. Now I know who They are, or at least I have a pretty good idea.

But I wonder sometimes what others mean when they say "the god and goddess". So I'm asking everyone. Are you soft polytheists? Or are you referring to two specific deities? If so, do they have names? Can you describe them?

P.S. Wiccans, who have learned the names of their Lord and Lady, I know where I am with you so I don't need to ask wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:03 pm
I don't really use the term- in Vodou you can have a Master of the Head and even a couple Loa on your head, but you learn about them through readings. sweatdrop I never did the whole "I worship the Lord and Lady" thing, because I went straight from having a religion I grew up with to having a specific experience that started me doing homework to see who it was that was calling me.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:22 pm
Esiris
I don't really use the term- in Vodou you can have a Master of the Head and even a couple Loa on your head, but you learn about them through readings. sweatdrop I never did the whole "I worship the Lord and Lady" thing, because I went straight from having a religion I grew up with to having a specific experience that started me doing homework to see who it was that was calling me.

See, that's sort of my point. I'm not asking if people are worshipping "Apollo as the Lord" or whatever, or asking about "the Lord and Lady", on the basis that that's often soft polytheistic. I'm asking more polytheists who worship a Lord and Lady who aren't a part of an established pantheon.

I'm partly wondering whether other people worship the same gods I do and partly wondering whether there are a few similarly paired deities around, or what.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris

See, that's sort of my point. I'm not asking if people are worshipping "Apollo as the Lord" or whatever, or asking about "the Lord and Lady", on the basis that that's often soft polytheistic. I'm asking more polytheists who worship a Lord and Lady who aren't a part of an established pantheon.

I'm partly wondering whether other people worship the same gods I do and partly wondering whether there are a few similarly paired deities around, or what.

I've seen other paired deities- I just don't follow them.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:35 pm
Esiris
I've seen other paired deities- I just don't follow them.

That's fair enough wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am
I follow two specific deities that don't follow a certain pantheon. They have names, and they sound similar to Aradia and Cernunos, but those aren't their names. Their my deities, and have no association with other pantheons as far as I am aware.

I'm not a soft polytheist either, because I see other deities as being separate, not part of the God and Goddess that I follow. I just don't follow other deities.  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 am
Viz_22
I follow two specific deities that don't follow a certain pantheon. They have names, and they sound similar to Aradia and Cernunos, but those aren't their names. Their my deities, and have no association with other pantheons as far as I am aware.

I'm not a soft polytheist either, because I see other deities as being separate, not part of the God and Goddess that I follow. I just don't follow other deities.

Those are interesting names. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 pm
Esiris
Viz_22

Those are interesting names. ninja

Well, those aren't their specific names. They just look similar and sound similar. If those were those names I'd feel like I was borrowing some other deities names. The names to my deities came to me before I went to sleep one night. Different spelling and different to Aradia and Cernunos, but similar all the same.  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 pm
Viz_22

Well, those aren't their specific names. They just look similar and sound similar. If those were those names I'd feel like I was borrowing some other deities names. The names to my deities came to me before I went to sleep one night. Different spelling and different to Aradia and Cernunos, but similar all the same.

Can you describe your deities? I feel a bit rude for asking, but I'm really interested. What words do you connect with them?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm
Caring, nurturing, guiding, protective and understanding are some ways to describe them. I drew them, but I have yet to scan their images to my computer.

I guess they end up sounding like the stereotypical Lord and Lady that people go for... But I feel that's what they are, within and without us.

If that doesn't answer your curiosity, feel free to ask more specific questions about them XD I know this ended up being really vague....  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Viz_22
Caring, nurturing, guiding, protective and understanding are some ways to describe them. I drew them, but I have yet to scan their images to my computer.

I guess they end up sounding like the stereotypical Lord and Lady that people go for... But I feel that's what they are, within and without us.

If that doesn't answer your curiosity, feel free to ask more specific questions about them XD I know this ended up being really vague....

You're so unhelpful xd lol Thanks though  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Viz_22

You're so unhelpful xd lol Thanks though

Yeah....only because I don't know what you want to hear XD; So I end up giving a vague description that doesn't really help.... Honestly, give me something specific to go by and I'll much more helpful haha~!  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 pm
Viz_22

Yeah....only because I don't know what you want to hear XD; So I end up giving a vague description that doesn't really help.... Honestly, give me something specific to go by and I'll much more helpful haha~!

Hmm... What colours do you associate with them? What sensations? What objects, places, concepts? What are their spheres of influence, or what are they embodiments of?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:55 pm
hey everyone i'm back ^-^

currently (i'm still exploring my path) i have found seven gods and goddesses they have told me their names but they said to only tell who you trust....not that i trust you guys but i don't want to offend them. sweatdrop my main two are the goddess of the moon and the god of the sun.  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:20 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Viz_22

Hmm... What colours do you associate with them? What sensations? What objects, places, concepts? What are their spheres of influence, or what are they embodiments of?

Colors right now are silver, black and green for the goddess. I didn't realize it, but I guess the three colors are also representations of the three aspects of the Goddess: silver for maiden, green for mother, and black for crone. As for the God, it's mostly gold/yellow and red like the sun (though the red comes from the setting sun).

I'm not sure about objects right now though....but I believe everything is tied to both the God and Goddess. Though some objects may be more in tune to one or the other, each object and person is connected to both.

I havent thought about places... the closest thing I can answer with is that Stonehenge feels more like a place for the God. There's another circle in England that might be for the Goddess... I can't remember what it's called but it surrounds a town (again I forget the name of the location). But anywhere near a body of water or a forest/wood type place is the Goddess' domain and mountains and volcanoes and plains are more like the God's places.

I guess for concepts there's way too many. But the main symbolism is the tie with the sun and the moon. Both celestial beings influence our lives in such great ways, and there's a tradition of solar gods and lunar goddesses that I didn't break away from.... but those are just symbols, They are much more than just a Sun God and a Moon Goddess. They reign over the elements and the forces of life. And while They may not directly interact with life itself, they spark and create life and help guide us when we need guidance. They are destiny, without having direct control over our destiny. They are anything and everything.

Anything else? XD; I hope this was more helpful for ya 3nodding  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games