Hope fully i can get my hands on this Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IDK WTF Im Doing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:14 pm
User Image

A bar m1918, Its a piece of history in its self.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 pm
Good luck. Things are rare as hell. And beware, because there's a semi-auto .22 (?) rifle with the same name.

Also, that thing is the single loudest firearm I've ever heard with a cyclic rate under 2000rpm. And this includes black powder artillery and 20mm weaponry.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

IDK WTF Im Doing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:39 pm
Fresnel
Good luck. Things are rare as hell. And beware, because there's a semi-auto .22 (?) rifle with the same name.

Also, that thing is the single loudest firearm I've ever heard with a cyclic rate under 2000rpm. And this includes black powder artillery and 20mm weaponry.
i know the orginals used 30-06. But yes it would be a rare find with a big price. well also on the list of things to get from WWII is the M1 Grand. any other important rifles i should add?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

i know the orginals used 30-06. But yes it would be a rare find with a big price. well also on the list of things to get from WWII is the M1 Grand. any other important rifles i should add?

It's not a rechambering, it's a completely new rifle. I have one, and love it. Not as versatile as a 10/22, but probably more accurate and has a takedown design.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 pm
Lt Buckner
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

It's not a rechambering, it's a completely new rifle. I have one, and love it. Not as versatile as a 10/22, but probably more accurate and has a takedown design.
a friend of mine has the norinco copy of that 22 rifle. I like it. its infinitely more useful and more accurate and reliable than the shitty AR7 takedown rifle. seriously, armalite ******** up when they made that gun.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:35 pm
this is the closest thing any of us will be able to own to the Browning BAR

coincidentally its also made by browining and has the same exact name and also chambered in 30-06

User Image  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:41 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

Anything sold by the CMP, sans P1917. Seriously, 1917 Enfield? What did THAT rifle ever do, except spawn the bayonet that fit on the M1897 shotgun.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 am
Fresnel
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

Anything sold by the CMP, sans P1917. Seriously, 1917 Enfield? What did THAT rifle ever do, except spawn the bayonet that fit on the M1897 shotgun.
it killed the "hun"  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

it killed the "hun"
Not in the 1920's it didn't. It was the halfway rifle between the M1903 and the M1 Garand. I think a bunch of them were shipped to the UK for lend/lease, but they were quickly discarded in favor of the SMLEs once they'd built enough again, and maybe some hit Guadalcanal with the Marines, but I'd bet most got given up in favor of even the M1903s. I honestly suspect most just sat and festered in armories until the CMP got its hands on them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 am
I believe there's a company that sells civilian-legal semi-auto knockoffs. Just like you can get semi-auto MP40, StG-44, FG42, Thompson and M249 knock-offs (though I wouldn't spend the 15k+ for the SAW even if I had it).  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 am
Requiem in Mortis
I believe there's a company that sells civilian-legal semi-auto knockoffs. Just like you can get semi-auto MP40, StG-44, FG42, Thompson and M249 knock-offs (though I wouldn't spend the 15k+ for the SAW even if I had it).
I know Auto Ordnance, under Kahr, is still producing Thompsons (and M1 Carbines and 1911s) under the Thompson name. I've heard mixed reviews as to quality, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:08 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
IDK WTF Im Doing
Fresnel

it killed the "hun"
Not in the 1920's it didn't. It was the halfway rifle between the M1903 and the M1 Garand. I think a bunch of them were shipped to the UK for lend/lease, but they were quickly discarded in favor of the SMLEs once they'd built enough again, and maybe some hit Guadalcanal with the Marines, but I'd bet most got given up in favor of even the M1903s. I honestly suspect most just sat and festered in armories until the CMP got its hands on them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_Enfield#History

apparently it's the rifle sergeant york slaughtered a s**t ton of germans with, although its not really clear what the hell he used.

anyways the link says it was used up until vietnam  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:36 pm
Fresnel

I've said it once and I said it a billion more times. Louisville gun show.

M1918 BAR is a no problem gun to get your hands on. The WWII variants are easierto get your hands on than a Depression era or early post WWI era one.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel

M1918 BAR is a no problem gun to get your hands on. The WWII variants are easierto get your hands on than a Depression era or early post WWI era one.
Maybe if you're rich enough. You're looking at 20-40 grand easy, depending on maker and condition.  

uryu ishida

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm
uryu ishida
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel

Maybe if you're rich enough. You're looking at 20-40 grand easy, depending on maker and condition.
The BARs here range from 15k to 30k.

15k ones being rigorously used military ones with some hellish cosmetic damages including what looked to me like it got hit by a grenade.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff