Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Sleeping problems Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:58 am
Hi guys. Recently, it's taken me 2-3 hours at night for me to fall asleep. And I really want to sleep at night, since I start school again on Wednesday and I need to get my sleeping pattern in order.

I've used Jasmine and Moon incense, and I put Citrine, Amethyst and Sodalite stones under my pillow. I've also drank Camomile tea.

They haven't really helped.

Can anyone recommend something to help me out?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:10 am
This is a pretty common sleep problem for teenagers. I'd get used to it if I were you. wink I used to read in bed for a couple of hours and to meditate, which helped.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:26 am
How often do you get your heart rate above 100 and how long do you keep it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:47 am
Sanguina Cruenta
This is a pretty common sleep problem for teenagers. I'd get used to it if I were you. wink I used to read in bed for a couple of hours and to meditate, which helped.

Reading might help... And I'll try meditating.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:52 am
Esiris
How often do you get your heart rate above 100 and how long do you keep it?
I dunno O_O  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 am
Getting in some physical exercise always helps me sleep better. Doing it on a regular basis helps establish good sleeping habits.

Also, having a routine before bed helps too, it gets your mind already thinking "it's time to go to sleep now".

I'm too much of a book-a-holic to read before bed LOL anytime I do I end up reading hours past when I wanted to go to sleep.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 am
kyndryana3
Getting in some physical exercise always helps me sleep better. Doing it on a regular basis helps establish good sleeping habits.

Lavender might help too. A glass of warm milk is what my mother always gave me when I couldn't sleep. My mother told me it would make me sleepy.
It's probably because I think it makes me sleepy, but it does work for me.

Anyway, are you busy in your head when you go to bed?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 am
Dianda Panda
kyndryana3

Lavender might help too. A glass of warm milk is what my mother always gave me when I couldn't sleep. My mother told me it would make me sleepy.
It's probably because I think it makes me sleepy, but it does work for me.

Anyway, are you busy in your head when you go to bed?

Not really.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:55 am
I always have to clear my mind before I go to bed or it takes me 2 hrs to fall asleep. Listening to music a half hour before I go to bed helps me fall asleep. I also have a special tea that I drink to help me fall asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 am
i'd avoid reading...i read at night and im up till 5...so ya i think clearing your mind of everything should help.anytime you start thinking of something clear it from your head, that and a good walk or run in the evening might help you waste energy if you havent been active.i have the same problem ^.^ so good luck in finding the best way for you ^.^  

unseen shadow moon

Beloved Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 am
I listen to either an ocean sounds CD or a thunderstorm CD to help clear my head while trying to sleep. Sometimes reading works, but only when I haven't gotten to those awesome, intense moments that keep me reading for hours. I have to pry myself away from the book after a while and my thoughts continue to buzz about what's going to happen. So be wary if you try reading.

Some form of exercise before you go to bed is good. It helped me work out all the energy that I had at bed time. This is something that I need to start doing again.... But it tires you out and there's less chance that you'll have a busy mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm
Welll you can always take nightquil xD

But music will help it doesnt have to be ocean sounds or thungerstorm sounds. I usually play a Kanon Wakeshima CD she is a japanese vocalist/celloist
Play music from one of your fav bands. Reading is also good as noted several times xD  

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm
How much physical exercise do you get?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:04 am
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
Welll you can always take nightquil xD

But music will help it doesnt have to be ocean sounds or thungerstorm sounds. I usually play a Kanon Wakeshima CD she is a japanese vocalist/celloist
Play music from one of your fav bands. Reading is also good as noted several times xD

I LOVE KANON! biggrin

I played music. It helped biggrin  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:05 am
Esiris
How much physical exercise do you get?

Not much. But I do walk everywhere I go when I go out. I haven't been out lately. (I'm off school. It's the holidays). My mum said if I went out more I'll be more tired at night and I can prepare my body.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games