Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Astral Projection Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I DaRkSliD3 I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:53 pm

My main goal in life, at this point at least, is to master astral projection. I haven't studied too much about it and I would very much like to learn it. I've been told its tough, but I'm one for a challenge.If anybody could offer me advice or links I would be grateful!

(Pardon my terrible spelling.)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:36 pm

One exercise I've read about goes petty much like this.

After you've purified the area about you, and aligned your chakras, sit in a meditative position. Visualize your throat chakra as a bright blue ball. See it intently as possible. As you do this, simply(haha, funny) will yourself out of your body.

The key part of that is will. You must use your mind, and only your mind. The second you start tensing up your muscles in concentration, you've gone wrong.

Keep in mind that this is intensely hard. I tried every night for two months, and only got out my extremeties. On average, I was willing hard enugh that I had a nice layer of sweat on my forehead after I was done. Maybe I jsut had a bad technique, but I think that it's just damn hard.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Rashel Kitsune

Dedicated Friend

9,025 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:27 pm

if you've ever read Silver RavenWolf's book 'Solitary Witch' It tells a technique that you could use for astral projection. I've tried it but i kinda quit becasue my family kept bursting in on me.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:44 pm

I haven't read Ravenwolf, and I really don't intend to. Take a look at this.

Tarnished Silver: Why I Don't Recommend Silver Ravenwolf

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:45 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
I haven't read Ravenwolf, and I really don't intend to. Take a look at this.

Tarnished Silver: Why I Don't Recommend Silver Ravenwolf
Quoting to make the code work.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:46 pm

okay...so Siver's bad?

Rashel Kitsune

Dedicated Friend

9,025 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:58 pm

You can also always edit and bold your link, too, Nihl.

Genearlly speaking, Rashel, Ms. Ravenwolf is not taken very seriously, nor very kindly, in the Pagan community. This is because in her effort to teach those coming into the faiths and practices, she gives some very bad advice (like lieing to one's parents about what one is doing) and inaccurate historical information. These send up red flags about anythign else she might try to pass on.

I've heard her spellwork isn't too bad; then again, I also do not plan to ever look into her work until I'm older and up to testing my knowledge.

For the record, there is someone that I would completely steer anyone away from (unless they want a good laugh), and she is the musician/writer/"actress" (I guess), Fiona Horne. She's as bubbly as a boiling pot of water with just as much concentration. Epitomy of fluff-bunny. xp
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Back on topic...

Through personal experience and discussions with others, children tend to be able to astraly project much 'easier' than adults. When I was younger and very relaxed before going to sleep, I would sometimes feel like part of me was shifting out of my body; some of my friends experienced this, too, as children, and (if I remember correctly) children have told me of this happening to them. It might be said that just as they may have a better sense of the unseen, they might be more adept to such actions (intentionally or not).

...Though, I'm sorry to say, this probably doesn't help. Well, it might, if you try putting yourself in the state of a child. confused

Jameta
Captain

I DaRkSliD3 I

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:48 pm

Nihilistic Seraph

After you've purified the area about you, and aligned your chakras, sit in a meditative position. Visualize your throat chakra as a bright blue ball. See it intently as possible. As you do this, simply(haha, funny) will yourself out of your body.

The key part of that is will. You must use your mind, and only your mind. The second you start tensing up your muscles in concentration, you've gone wrong.

Keep in mind that this is intensely hard. I tried every night for two months, and only got out my extremeties. On average, I was willing hard enugh that I had a nice layer of sweat on my forehead after I was done. Maybe I jsut had a bad technique, but I think that it's just damn hard.
I appreciate this. I need to do a bit more research on Chakras. I've heard the term but never payed a ton of attention to it.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:06 pm

Nihilistic Seraph

I attempted this minutes ago and didn't get far, but at one point I could feel myself sort or rocking back and forth like my bed was moving around. It was very very gently. I could almost feel my leg come up but I didn't open my eyes, I just visualised myself coming out of my body. I'm not sure if excitment broke mu concentration but I failed. maybe sombody could comment on this or point somthing out to me?

I DaRkSliD3 I

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:10 am

Excitement can always screw things over. I know that at one point, it felt like me limbs were swelling up and floating away, so I got all determined to get the rest out, tensed up my muscles and flopped back.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:22 am

Always be in a place where you won't be shocked or startled while practicing; I knew as a child, I would startle myself, and it would feel like something hit my whole body when I "jumped" back into place. xp

Jameta
Captain

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:34 am

THere is a website where you can take weekly lessons (free, just download video clips to hear lectures). You'll find it extremely helpful. http://www.gnosticweb.com/

Also, you should know that there are many, many ways to astral project. Every method appeals to a different user, so it's up to you to find out what works. In every exercise, however, it is crucial to remain calm, make sure your mind is at least somewhat quiet and unactive, and have every muscle relaxed at all times, uninterrupted. I'll name some here:

1) When you're in a dream, try making it a lucid dream and try to "break out of it" into the astral plane. Technically, you astral project every night when you dream. To check if you're in the astral plane, pull your finger or jump. If you're succesful, your finger will stretch, and when you jump, you'll float. The transition into the astral is very subtle, and the astral plane is very real; in fact, there are many people who astral projected and didn't realize it because it looked exactly like the real world, so it's crucial to do some finger-pulling tests.

2) Visualize a room that you want to go to. In your mind, feel the place all over, and I mean every single detail, like the carpet, the little notebook in the corner, everything. When you've got everything down, just imagine that you ARE in that room. Jump in it, climb the walls, make the experience alive. Just focus a LOT on this stuff and hopefully you'll astral project into the room. Again, you'll need to conduct tests to make sure what plane you're in.

3) There are a few mantras you can try. the Gnosticweb site above tells you some, if you sign up for a course.

4) It's a good idea to try and seriously question yourself as to whether you're REALLY in the real plane or not. Conduct tests, try to convince yourself and question yourself throughout the day (and night) that you are actually in the astral. The more you are convinced, the more likely you'll succeed.

5) This isn't really a method, but it's a good idea to get into the habit of remembering dreams. If you ever astral project successfully, you might want to remember what you've done there.

6) explore your heart, literally or metaphorically. Feel the heart pumping blood into every vein, look into the chambers of your heart, get every. Single. Detail. Down. Concentrate on EVERYTHING involving the heart, imagine you're inside, feel the texture, everything. Don't get distracted by anything, just let your thoughts flow, and just keep concentrating on your heart until you astral project.

Okay, that's pretty much most of the methods I know. They all come from the courses in Gnosticweb, it is EXTREMELY helpful; you can talk with other students there, ask for help, they give you a lot of info on stuff you thought wasn't important but actually is. Seriously, go check it out.

If you do astral project, you have to remain calm at all times, don't let any strong feelings take over or else you'll get sucked back into your own body. I've heard it's quite hard to remain there, and there are also some negative entities there that try to do spiritual harm to you, like scaring you back into your own body. There is a mantra for this that's taught in the Gnosticweb astral projection course.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:37 pm

Suzuroi
THere is a website where you can take weekly lessons (free, just download video clips to hear lectures). You'll find it extremely helpful. http://www.gnosticweb.com/

Also, you should know that there are many, many ways to astral project. Every method appeals to a different user, so it's up to you to find out what works. In every exercise, however, it is crucial to remain calm, make sure your mind is at least somewhat quiet and unactive, and have every muscle relaxed at all times, uninterrupted. I'll name some here:

1) When you're in a dream, try making it a lucid dream and try to "break out of it" into the astral plane. Technically, you astral project every night when you dream. To check if you're in the astral plane, pull your finger or jump. If you're succesful, your finger will stretch, and when you jump, you'll float. The transition into the astral is very subtle, and the astral plane is very real; in fact, there are many people who astral projected and didn't realize it because it looked exactly like the real world, so it's crucial to do some finger-pulling tests.

2) Visualize a room that you want to go to. In your mind, feel the place all over, and I mean every single detail, like the carpet, the little notebook in the corner, everything. When you've got everything down, just imagine that you ARE in that room. Jump in it, climb the walls, make the experience alive. Just focus a LOT on this stuff and hopefully you'll astral project into the room. Again, you'll need to conduct tests to make sure what plane you're in.

3) There are a few mantras you can try. the Gnosticweb site above tells you some, if you sign up for a course.

4) It's a good idea to try and seriously question yourself as to whether you're REALLY in the real plane or not. Conduct tests, try to convince yourself and question yourself throughout the day (and night) that you are actually in the astral. The more you are convinced, the more likely you'll succeed.

5) This isn't really a method, but it's a good idea to get into the habit of remembering dreams. If you ever astral project successfully, you might want to remember what you've done there.

6) explore your heart, literally or metaphorically. Feel the heart pumping blood into every vein, look into the chambers of your heart, get every. Single. Detail. Down. Concentrate on EVERYTHING involving the heart, imagine you're inside, feel the texture, everything. Don't get distracted by anything, just let your thoughts flow, and just keep concentrating on your heart until you astral project.

Okay, that's pretty much most of the methods I know. They all come from the courses in Gnosticweb, it is EXTREMELY helpful; you can talk with other students there, ask for help, they give you a lot of info on stuff you thought wasn't important but actually is. Seriously, go check it out.

If you do astral project, you have to remain calm at all times, don't let any strong feelings take over or else you'll get sucked back into your own body. I've heard it's quite hard to remain there, and there are also some negative entities there that try to do spiritual harm to you, like scaring you back into your own body. There is a mantra for this that's taught in the Gnosticweb astral projection course.

This is incredeble... I hope I can figure out how the courses work... seems sorta confusing. I'll look into that. Thanks a ton!

I DaRkSliD3 I

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:06 pm

Ah, lucid dreams. Those are really fun on the odd times you truly have them. I remember the last time I had one, I spent five minutes explaining to my friend how this was all a lucid dream, and how I could manipulate things. His reaction was "Dude, you're nuts" rofl

Then I went and made my hair grow all long, it was fun.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff