******** ******** ******** Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:12 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/

inb4 fox news bashing  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:26 pm
The police are reporting he used a Glock 19 with a 30 round magazine, both purchased legally and separately at different times.

I would suggest if you have plans to buy large cap magazines, get them now. I've got a gut feeling we'll see some laws on this particular aspect of our rights.

I'm also planning to withdraw cash and buy at least one Beta magazine for my Ruger SR 556 on ******** is the word, all right.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:22 pm
apparently her frontal lobe was shot. as long as it's only as damaged as they say it is. (temple to forehead on whichever side) she might live
she'll probably develop a slew of mental problems ranging from bipolar to dimensia,speech impediment, seizures, and emotional issues though...

reminds me of the eastern european man who tried to commit suicide with an AK74

its a little gross but this is the link to the vid if him in the hospital on live leak
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97d_1284297781  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm
Floyd
The police are reporting he used a Glock 19 with a 30 round magazine, both purchased legally and separately at different times.

I would suggest if you have plans to buy large cap magazines, get them now. I've got a gut feeling we'll see some laws on this particular aspect of our rights.

I'm also planning to withdraw cash and buy at least one Beta magazine for my Ruger SR 556 on ******** is the word, all right.
Question- why the ******** would you need a 30-round magazine for an assassination attempt? Was the gunman seriously that concerned that they were a ******** awful shot that they needed an extra fifteen to twenty rounds to hit their target? Or were they intending on pumping her full of thirty rounds just ******** because?

On a related note, I'm sure someone in the ED (Redem) will try to use this as fuel for their propaganda train.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:20 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Floyd

Question- why the ******** would you need a 30-round magazine for an assassination attempt? Was the gunman seriously that concerned that they were a ******** awful shot that they needed an extra fifteen to twenty rounds to hit their target? Or were they intending on pumping her full of thirty rounds just ******** because?

On a related note, I'm sure someone in the ED (Redem) will try to use this as fuel for their propaganda train.
I saw one thread in ED. I didn't bother reading it though.

Hypothetically if I were going to shoot up a place I would want a large capacity just so I could take out as many people as possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Requiem in Mortis
Floyd

Hypothetically if I were going to shoot up a place I would want a large capacity just so I could take out as many people as possible.
To shoot up a place? Sure. To specifically kill one person? I'd rather have something with precision and power. Unless he decided to just shoot everyone there, which would make more sense.

On a semi-related note- can someone explain to me how the hell an exploding .22 caliber bullet exists?  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
Requiem in Mortis
Floyd

To shoot up a place? Sure. To specifically kill one person? I'd rather have something with precision and power. Unless he decided to just shoot everyone there, which would make more sense.

On a semi-related note- can someone explain to me how the hell an exploding .22 caliber bullet exists?
frangible ammo  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
Requiem in Mortis
Floyd

I figure if I were going to try and kill someone I wouldn't be walking away from it. I'd either end up dead or arrested so I would take as many down as I could. Think about it. Aside from Gifford the gunman shot another 13 people. That tells me he most likely wanted to take down whomever he could. There is a possibility he doubted his aim, but I don't think that was the case.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
Requiem in Mortis
Floyd

frangible ammo
No, exploding. Read up on John Hinckley Jr. Six rounds of explosive .22 Short, and every one failed to explode... except the one in Brady's head.

In any case, I think I've got all the high cap Glock mags I need. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:57 pm
Quote:
...his gun, which was described as a pistol equipped with an extended magazine. Investigators reportedly found unspent bullets inside the gun at the scene.
A total of at least 19 people, including three members of Giffords' staff, were shot...
Color me impressed.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 pm
Skimmed through that thread in ED. Only one debate came up about guns, and it was some idiot trying to act as if this was a CCW issue.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 pm
Fresnel
Quote:
...his gun, which was described as a pistol equipped with an extended magazine. Investigators reportedly found unspent bullets inside the gun at the scene.
A total of at least 19 people, including three members of Giffords' staff, were shot...
Color me impressed.
The "impressed" crayon is missing from the box. Is blue acceptable?  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Maddness91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 am
inb4 at least 1 person says this was a good thing because he stopped a dem from taking over the country...

as a "fiscally conservative Democrat and gun rights advocate" i wonder why she wasn't packing... inb4 that makes me a bad guy for some reason confused

and to add to rabble's point, if ur going to shoot up a place, of all this things u have to pick from never pick a glock xd inb4 that makes me a worse person xp

hopefully Obama now gets a bit more coverage... that guy has been out and about all over the place  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:06 am
Maddness91
inb4 at least 1 person says this was a good thing because he stopped a dem from taking over the country...

as a "fiscally conservative Democrat and gun rights advocate" i wonder why she wasn't packing... inb4 that makes me a bad guy for some reason confused

and to add to rabble's point, if ur going to shoot up a place, of all this things u have to pick from never pick a glock xd inb4 that makes me a worse person xp

hopefully Obama now gets a bit more coverage... that guy has been out and about all over the place
Bonus points for shooting up a place with a 1911. Legal in every state, effective, and pre-dates every gun law I know of that affected white people.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:14 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Quote:
Color me impressed.
The "impressed" crayon is missing from the box. Is blue acceptable?
That will do.

But damn, <30 rounds fired and nineteen people hit? That's at worst a 66% hit-to-shot ratio. That's not bad even in FPS's. Cho got 57 hits to almost two hundred shots, and many of those were executions.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff