Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
the sheikh and the boy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm
A boy, around 17, went to a sheikh to discuss the ruling on Music in Islam, with him.
The boy: Ya Sheikh, I am someone who likes Music, though I consider myself Muslim. I do not listen to bad things, but rather, I listen to classical Music. It helps me reflect on myself and it is the dearest thing to me in the world. Honestly, when I hear that Islam forbids EVEN classical music, I start to think it is a backwards religion.
Sheikh: Audubillah. Ahki, you yourself have proven why Music is not allowed just off your own words. You firstly said, you are Muslim. This means you SUBMIT yourself to Allah and obey his messenger correct?
The boy: Yes
Sheikh: Amma badu, This means you OBEY HIM, the messenger, when he gives an order, as Allah says “to obey the messenger is to obey Allah”. The Prophet told us to stick to his sunnah and the rightly guided Caliphs, and his Sahaba. They ALL considered Music haraam. Do you feel you know more than they?
Secondly, you said that the Music helps you reflect? Ya Ahki, do you not see? This is why it is haraam! You reflect on a song, but NOT THE BOOK OF ALLAH????
Lastly, some would consider what you have said, that Islam could be a backwards religion, as Kufr. I do not see it that way, I give you a chance because I know you are young. Shaytaan has taken your mind and convinced you IF Islam does not allow you what you WANT, then its wrong. Brother, this is wanting to rule by desires, and not by the haqq.
Truly reflect Ahki, because this is also the struggle of many young Muslims, which I pray find strength.
(taken and expounded on, by the story given by Kamal El Mekki)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm
*turns up the music*

Wouldn't the Qur'an sort of be musical itself? Seeing as it's a recitation of something, it'd help if there was a cadence to it, making it easier to remember and relay before it was written down. So, in a way, it could be called lyrical, and have some instruments put to it. Just a little thought.  

Silver Nephil

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:23 pm
Silver Nephil
*turns up the music*

Wouldn't the Qur'an sort of be musical itself? Seeing as it's a recitation of something, it'd help if there was a cadence to it, making it easier to remember and relay before it was written down. So, in a way, it could be called lyrical, and have some instruments put to it. Just a little thought.

I'm aware Qur'an recitation is like music... but you don't have to incorporate all the beating of drums, piano, strumming of guitar yadayada when you recite the verses...

I think this guild has already tackled stuffs about music... I'm referring to the music where you could hear musical instruments...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 pm
Maximum Lantis
Silver Nephil
*turns up the music*

I'm aware Qur'an recitation is like music... but you don't have to incorporate all the beating of drums, piano, strumming of guitar yadayada when you recite the verses...

I think this guild has already tackled stuffs about music... I'm referring to the music where you could hear musical instruments...

*tries to think of music where there aren't instruments* So, almost every kind of music man has ever made--besides acapella and choirs and such--is what you're referring to, right? What's so bad music with instruments?  

Silver Nephil

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 pm
*turns up the music*

*tries to think of music where there aren't instruments* So, almost every kind of music man has ever made--besides acapella and choirs and such--is what you're referring to, right? What's so bad music with instruments?

Click here!
Silver Nephil
Maximum Lantis
Silver Nephil

that *points upward* will lead you to a forum which talks about music... why it is haram and all that... mkay??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 pm
Okay. Still don't get why it's haram, but I read the thread.  

Silver Nephil

Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff