Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Genetics in the TS3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 pm
I have two questions.

First:
How does hair color work with in-game born babies? Like if I made a sims in CAS and I gave the mother pink hair, and the father blue, would the babies have a crazy hair color or just the normal brown, black, blonde, etc?(Also wondering about skin color.)

Second:
Is breast size genetic? Like if the mother has huge ta-tas would her daughter have them as well? I hate to think that's all just random.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:10 pm
The baby will take either the pink or blue hair color. I find that all of my babies have gotten their mothers hair color.

Right now (ever since having big breasts) I haven't gotten as far as having adult children, so I don't know.  

The FoxyTrot

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:32 am
As far as I know babies will take their hair colour from what one of their parents are currently 'wearing'. So a parent could start out one colour and you could change it many times and the child will take whatever they have at the time of the pregnancy, not what they had originally.

The breast slider setting should also be passed on in the genetics. I believe this affects the muscle tone slider as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:42 am
The breasts have to be genetics. Fat sims have fat kids, so why would it be different with boobies?

As far as hair color, normally the kids look like either mom or dad, with a few interchanged features. For the MOST part, girls have their mommy's hair, and boy's have their dad's hair.

Darth Kosher

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff