Submit

Why do you hate the Dubbed version
  Editing.... GRRRR
  Voices..... GRRRR
  Don't hate it at all
View Results

pinoyidol2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:23 pm
Why do some people hate the Dubbed version? I've never seen the japanese version, but the English voices aren't that bad...

Ok, I'm talking about the voices not the editing(which I hate along with everybody else that does), 'coz I've been seeing a lot of "I hate the voices" themed threads lately  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:43 pm
The voices are okay, altohugh Naruto mostly sounds like he's got a scratchy throat and like everyone else, I hate the editing too.  

Curious Koneko

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:23 pm
The English voices REALLY AREN'T that bad, but kids overreact.
My reason is that the Japanese version is a hundred times better sounding.
Their voices are perfection.
Also, the English version cuts out all the good stuff. Blood, cussing, and of course, Icha Icha Paradise. They also cut out the Ero Sennin ("Pervert Hermit") scenes.
Lastly, they butchered all my favorite characters. :[

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:47 pm
No offense but if you've never seen the original show like you stated, you couldn't possibly understand why us older fans are so bothered by it.

Naruto is Naruto; it's a beautiful show with great plotlines. BUT: The voices add to the show's spirit and it's just not the same with the american VA's because you can clearly tell that they have no idea what's going. It's like they're just doing the show to get paid. I believe that the people who originally worked on Naruto put their all in it- because if they didn't, it wouldn't be a quality show. But the US doesn't have to do that- because the show's already been made. They just make it understandable.

I will watch the dub until it's canceled, but I'll never let it replace the Japanese version. It's not the same, at all.  

Sakunomiya

Zangetzu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 am
i personally hate the editing beacuse in the first episode there was suppose to be so much more blood but there wasnt and they just change stuff that should have never been changed...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:50 am
well if you were to watch it subbed...you'd probably understand our burning hate..but thats just me...i had hoped for america to keep naruto less edited...hoping it'd be on adultswim...like inuyasha...instead its heavily edited...and put on toonami... sweatdrop  

squalltheknight

Arcana Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:14 pm
I've seen the some of the subbed episodes. And I've seen all the toonami ones. I prefer the toonami ones.

To me they are just about the same. Except they edited out a few things (or alot, I am not for sure).

@Sunas:
I don't agree with you saying that the voice actors are just getting paid and not knowing what they're doing. I believe the DO know what they're doing. How can they not. Some voice actors get emotionally attached to their characters.

The Japanese and American voice actors sound about the same. Cept for Naruto...Not exactly the same but to the most part they do.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DUBBED. GO WATCH THE SUBBED.

For information on the voice actors go here: AnimeNewsNetwork

Scroll down until you find the part where it says the English cast. You'll see some of the voice actors. You'll be surprised too.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:06 pm
xavy_sangabriel
Why do some people hate the Dubbed version? I've never seen the japanese version, but the English voices aren't that bad...

Ok, I'm talking about the voices not the editing(which I hate along with everybody else that does), 'coz I've been seeing a lot of "I hate the voices" themed threads lately

well thats because u never heard the japanese ones, those are so much better...  

Lhunari

abrachasyn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:27 pm
Why isn't there a "both" option in the poll? xd

Hrm...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:01 am
Each to his own I guess. Although I don't change my opinion, I think it's a big change for people who've seen 100+ episodes of the subs to watch the dubs & hear these...'interesting' voices. And yeah you're right, SOME actors get attached. SOME dont. And no, I dont think that EVERY actor on this show cares a whole bunch about it.

No one's gonna agree with everything anyone says about the dubs & I don't expect you or anyone else to take my opinion to heart. I was just expressing how I felt. So I don't feel like anyone needs to be obligied to agree with me.

Yeah yeah I know, all we can do is complain. But trust me when I say there are things to complain about. If you're content with the dub, GREAT FOR YOU. Watch it, tape it, put it on your PSP for all I care. I don't HATE the dub, I don't want it to seem like that, but hey. I'm not exactly all giddy about them either. I think some things should be changed but what can I or anyone else do but E-Rant on a message board? Right.  

Sakunomiya

Varent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:18 am
Penguin Supporter
The English voices REALLY AREN'T that bad, but kids overreact.
My reason is that the Japanese version is a hundred times better sounding.
Their voices are perfection.
Also, the English version cuts out all the good stuff. Blood, cussing, and of course, Icha Icha Paradise. They also cut out the Ero Sennin ("Pervert Hermit") scenes.
Lastly, they butchered all my favorite characters. :[
yeah,also the fact that they added the "believe it" catch phraze
although I still watch it(wait they cut out the perverted hermit parts....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:55 am
uhmmm i heard the voices of cartoon network for a preview but i hated it and i heard now that they are editing keep away from good anime mad Naruto must stay how it is now believe me Japanese is the best but in editing do u mean no more blood in naruto  

Merma

Historical

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 am
Arcana Wolf
I've seen the some of the subbed episodes. And I've seen all the toonami ones. I prefer the toonami ones.

To me they are just about the same. Except they edited out a few things (or alot, I am not for sure).

@Sunas:
I don't agree with you saying that the voice actors are just getting paid and not knowing what they're doing. I believe the DO know what they're doing. How can they not. Some voice actors get emotionally attached to their characters.

The Japanese and American voice actors sound about the same. Cept for Naruto...Not exactly the same but to the most part they do.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DUBBED. GO WATCH THE SUBBED.

For information on the voice actors go here: AnimeNewsNetwork

Scroll down until you find the part where it says the English cast. You'll see some of the voice actors. You'll be surprised too.
are you serious?! i like the dub cuz i don't have to read subtitles but the voices are killing me. I'm so used to all of their japanese voices which are way better (specially neji and lee's but mostly lee's) and i can't watch alot of the subbed cuz my comp won't let me download it i get a whole bunch of coded text and i don't know what to do crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 am
Merma
uhmmm i heard the voices of cartoon network for a preview but i hated it and i heard now that they are editing keep away from good anime mad Naruto must stay how it is now believe me Japanese is the best but in editing do u mean no more blood in naruto
it's because little kids watch it too....but who cares even kids need to know that people bleed when they get punched in the face xd  

Historical

final_hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:05 pm
the dubbing is really annoying, i hope this doesn't become like pokemon where 5 year olds are like i'm naruto "fox POWER!" if that happened i would slap the kid over the head  
Naruto Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games