Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
clairvoyance and other stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

got your attention didn't it? =P
View Results

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 am
for at least three generations (mine being the latest) my mother's side of the family and myself have had the ability to see, feel and communicate with the spirits. probably the only reason that chief running coyote infamous for the running the whole herd of buffalo off a cliff technique even looked my way. Mom sees only human spirits and i think Grandma does too...i think with me tapping into mine further being pagan and all have sharpened my gift from my Native-American ancestors i am able to see animals and feel other entities. sometimes the power is harmless, sometimes it gets kinda scary.

and now for the other topic.

in many practices salt is a way to purify a house, a room or simply a space. the techniques differ form pouring a salt ring or pinnacle or to my technique of taking the salt shaker and throwing the salt around the room and chanting a purifying spell. to bless a fire for spell casting i pour salt on a lit log or in the fire itself. although I manly use either air or water in my castings i may use a fire to amplify my spell power. what ever works ya' know?

anyway you can share stories about your Clairvoyance or share your techniques of purifying a place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm
Be careful burning salt. Burn it in a hot enough fire and it separates into its' two component ingredients: sodium, and chlorine - sodium will explode on contact with water, and chlorine will take the form of a poisonous gas.

Not saying that a small fire is enough to do that, but be careful.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm confused as to why having Native American ancestors would give you clairvoyance. I mean... large numbers of Canadians have Native ancestry or are Native peoples. I wouldn't say that that guarantees any number of them are clairvoyant or psychic. Being Native doesn't automatically give you magical abilities with animals or nature, either.

Is there something -specific- to your Native lineage that you can point to as the source for your claims about your family's abilities? Or do you just have a vague idea that someways back someone was Native, and have assumed this is the source of things? Are you a card-carrying member of a particular Nation? Do you live as part of a Native culture?

No offense, but I feel like this is a case of the 'magical Indian' sort of thinking, and frankly it's offensive to Native peoples on several levels. I'm just trying to understand what's what.

-----------------------------------------------------

While salt is cleansing, it's not -clean-, for me. I don't have much use for salt all over my floors and carpets and furniture, every time I want to cleanse the place. I more often use blessed water and incense, and sometimes my besom. I only use actual flame if I'm really chasing something out - Incense is really the combination of the flame of the charcoal, and the smoke in the air, so there's fire present.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm
well all i realy know about my native ancestors is they they were Creek and Cherokee. for all I know they could had been the shaman or the village idiot. quite frankly i realy have no clue.my mom said it would be hard to back such claims seeing that my great great great grandmother burned the papers to prevent them from being forced to walk the trail of tears to Oklahoma. as for the incense I'll give that a try seeing that would be a better alternative i wasn't aloud to have incense because my father didn't like it. but I'm getting my own apartment soon so that wont be a problem. if i could register for that i would. but i don't know if i have enough in me to say diddly. i'm just assuming that this is the origin but it may not be the case it may just be a gift from the gods for all i know.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:50 pm
I tend to use cleansing incense, or water from a blessed chalice.

Salt I'd only really use in the Athame blessing ritual. Or casting a circle if I had no other material to cast it out of.

There's a trinket of salt on my altar, but I hardly use it.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Salt I'd only really use in the Athame blessing ritual. Or casting a circle if I had no other material to cast it out of.

Out of interest, why do you call it an athame, rather than a ritual knife?

Casting a circle is really just the energy work involved. Cleansing, purifying and consecrating a circle is something else. I'm not sure how you'd cast a circle with salt, or any other physical substance, but I tend to cleanse with salt, along with the other physical representations of the elements.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:50 am
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

Out of interest, why do you call it an athame, rather than a ritual knife?

Casting a circle is really just the energy work involved. Cleansing, purifying and consecrating a circle is something else. I'm not sure how you'd cast a circle with salt, or any other physical substance, but I tend to cleanse with salt, along with the other physical representations of the elements.

I'm more used to using Athame, which is its name. It feels right for me, instead of "Ritual Knife".

I don't use an athame, neither do I have one. but I'd like to.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm more used to using Athame, which is its name. It feels right for me, instead of "Ritual Knife".

I just wondered.

'Athame' is a term once specific to Wicca, and most people don't realize that what makes a ritual blade an athame is a particular method of consecration that's oathbound. 'Athame' has become a generic term, but it's yet again another Wiccan word that's been used incorrectly.

Without the particular rite that creates an athame, a ritual blade can't be considered one.

I have both athames, and ritual blades.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:04 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

I just wondered.

'Athame' is a term once specific to Wicca, and most people don't realize that what makes a ritual blade an athame is a particular method of consecration that's oathbound. 'Athame' has become a generic term, but it's yet again another Wiccan word that's been used incorrectly.

Without the particular rite that creates an athame, a ritual blade can't be considered one.

I think I read about a Wiccan being confused about some of the pop-witchcraft books when they talk about people using their fingers to cast circles- and the Wiccan was like "Do they draw the symbols on their hand or something?"  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

I just wondered.

I see. I didn't know that. Thank you for correcting me.

There is a consecration rite in the book I have called "Natural Magic".

You hold the athame in both hands, point it to the sky (outdoors) and call upon the goddess and the god. There's a whole chant/incantation you have to say.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games