Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Druvian - Reaper of Dreams [ACCEPTED] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Druvian
Nicknames: Dru

Faction/Race Dream Reaper

Personality:
Druvian suffers from a syndrome that's fairly common amongst teenagers of any species. We know it as the "I really don't give a s**t" syndrome. He has a full blown case and unfortunately, there doesn't really seem to be a cure. He really doesn't care unless it comes to anyone but a very select few people. These people include:

Number one? Himself. His number one priority in life has always been, and likely always will be, himself. He's vain - he has no reason to hide it, and so he doesn't. He may someday have a ghoulfriend or boilfriend because they compliment him and make him look good - but the chances of him developing anything of a serious nature or any sense of 'caring' are not high. His attention span is single minded at best, and truthfully he'll probably lose interest and be off to the next useful project before it can even get to the point of caring. If he ever managed to form actual deep friendships, I'm not sure he'd know what to do with himself. Or it.

Two: Tying into number one...Anyone who can be of use or benefit to him. If you have some way, some talent, some object of mystifying wonder that could possibly benefit Dru, he's your best friend. Ever.

Three: Someone who is posing a threat to him in any way. It doesn't matter if you're simply beating him for top marks in class, or if you want to eat his brain meats. If you're bigger, smarter than him, badder than him, or he even perceives you as a threat...he cares. Oh you bet he's noticed you, and he's going to do anything in his power to prove that he is better than you.

Druvian has a great sense of self preservation, though his methods are among the more stupid way of handling it. Instead of avoiding it like a rational being, he'll face you. Head on. Any time, anywhere - At least...as long as he knows he'll have the upper hand.

He insists that he's not afraid of anything - he acts like he's not afraid of anything, but in truth he's afraid of being weak. More than that, he's terrified of it and he refuses to put himself in situations where it will show that he isn't, in fact, as good as he thinks he is. This comes from some deep-seated sense of needing to prove himself. Dru's used to working hard to get somewhere - he's worked damn hard, and still has a long way to go (being on the bottom of the totem pole and all), and cannot afford to be knocked back. He's a reaper - he's not afraid of hard work, but why not accept what help he can in getting to the top?

Now, just because Druvian thinks that he's better than everyone else and doesn't really-but-really-does care what you have to think, it does not mean that he *is* - Far from it. He's good at surviving, he's good at figuring out who is most beneficial and manipulating his circumstances to be ideal (for the most part) but honestly, he's not more adept at FEAR than anyone else, he's still a first year, and he still has a long way to go. The difference is, he just won't admit it. He's not immune to failure - he just has quite the different view on what failure is.

On that note: I want to see him fail. In fact, I'd love to watch him get knocked down a few bazillion pegs. It's not fun otherwise. I want to really deepen his character, but that's going to need to be done through RP interactions. I want to start him out shallow-ish, and make him (I'm a sadist, he hates me) grow. Boy needs a few reality checks.

General personality summary in a nice little box: I kind of see him as a character who's biggest fear is being weak and so he tries overly hard to overcome the obstacle and by association doesn't really give a s**t about anything other than himself and his goal. Being beaten/harmed/in any way bettered would 'weaken' him in image, and make his road harder than it has to be. And while he's not afraid to work (it's in his blood) he's certainly not above taking any advantage he can. Since reapers are hired to do the dirty work of other species, he really has s**t against most of them for being lazy, essentially, and for making his life "Difficult."

HOBBIES:
Sewing: Dru makes his own clothing. He likes to make his own clothing - mostly because everyone else sucks at making clothing. At least clothing he likes. If you see him in non-naked form, he's probably made whatever it is that's covering him. And nine out of ten times? He ain't naked. (We don't talk about the tenth time It Doesn't Exist). He's not super super talented at this - but he's far from "not remotely good". For now, he tends to make simple clothing. Druvian doesn't think clothing needs to be elaborate to make him look good, after all.

Sewing is a calming thing for him. He will sew for hours and hours just to wind down and relax. It's one of the few things he doesn't get up tight about. A few mistakes aren't going to hurt him here so long as the integrity of stitching and cloth doesn't give out and make him lose his clothing like that one time forever ago that Does Not Exist.

Schmoozing: Contrary to his entire 'not giving a s**t' attitude, he wants to meet you. He likes crowds, he likes meeting people, and he enjoys being in company with others. Not because he gets some warm fuzzy feeling or gets crazy notions in his head about friends - but mostly because in social situations, people have loose lips. Gathering information is fun and eventually leads to even better things. Like blackmail. Gathering people is also fun. He likes collecting them. Like trophies.

Drawing: Alright. You caught him. There is one thing he may genuinely care about - and that is drawing. He never shows his sketch books to anyone. Half of the time they're filled with random fashion drawings and god damn it nobody is going to see that - but there are some things in there that have merit. It relaxes him, like sewing does. He finds comfort in the scratch of a pencil against paper, the smell of graphite. And since nobody sees it, he doesn't actually have to be the best at it.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? It benefits him, duh. It puts him in the prime position to expand his skills, make strategic alliances, and scope out potential threats for his future all within a relatively safe zone. It's the perfect grounds for an up-and-coming reaper.

Also, his parents are really tired of his s**t.

NATURAL ABILITY:
Druvian has the ability to look into dreams and feed off of them. This is most effective on humans but can be effective, to a lesser extent, on denizens of Halloween.

As a Y1 Student, Druvian can only see bits and pieces of the dreams that he consumes. These bits and pieces are often very fragmented and have little to no context to them. He can only hold his connection to a dreamer for five minutes at a time for now, and only during that time does he have the ability to twist the dream into a nightmare. The content of these nightmares is not something that Druvian is privy to.

This ability only works on those who are asleep. Druvian cannot do anything to those who are awake.

WEAPON: Dream Catcher Scythe

FEAR:
This is what dreams are made of...
Druvian focuses his FEAR through his dream-catcher scythe to create a shadowy nightmare* to fight in his place. While she only lasts a turn, it's one turn that Druvian's pretty little face isn't at risk.

*This is a literal shadow mare. She will get more bad-a** as time moves on.
This FEAR uses the Battle Cry mechanic

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: Solid, glowing ice blue scelra with a single white, barely there pupil.
Hair Colour/Style: Light blue, has a faux-hawk going on with long hair on the sides.
Skin Colour: Colored like the night sky; glowing light blue 'lines' at the outline of his lips and eyes.
Clothing Style/Colours: (remember everything is Halloween-ish)
Extra: Silver snake bite piercings, each ear pierced with a silver plug. Wears an antique gate necklace made of brass. Has sharp teeth.
He's somewhat based off the Oneiroi in greek mythology.
References: [x]

About Dream Reapers

Druvian's sect of Reapers operate much like sandmen. However, instead of bringing sweet dreams they bring nightmares and harvest the fear. Their appearance evolved more to blend in with the night and make their job easier.

Dream reapers can and do see the dreams that they consume. However, there are strict guidelines and protocol to follow. It is considered very taboo to share the content of consumed dreams with anyone but the dreamer themselves. To do so is an act that could get one severely punished or outcasted from the community. The practice of seeing dreams consumed is not well known outside of the Dream Reaper species.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 pm
Alright, finally got this thing somewhat filled out. Mind is very scattered, may not make a lot of sense in parts XD  

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:37 am
Oh man, this guy sounds TOTALLY awesome. I would LOVE to see him interact with Marosa if we get our quests. xD

Does he have any interest in learning in specific classes?

What was his home life like, to get him to the point of only liking himself? XD

Aaand, since he's a reaper, what weapon does he have, if any at all? heart

Again, I completely love his concept, and would love to see him become a student!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:54 am
Hi Kanth! Thank you! I'm glad you like him =)

As for classes, I'm still mostly unfamiliar and am trying to learn about what's offered wink But I do know that he'd really be interested in learning magic. Another notch to add to his pole. I think he'd totally have the upper hand in any kind of psychology class, and he'd love it. Anything he'd deem "not a challenge" He'd probably take, so he could make it "Look easy"

...Which is why I'd really love to shove him into something he sucks at XD Because he'd keep his head above water for some time before completely failboating.

His home life I haven't given much thought to just yet. I'm assuming he would have seen his parents be all blue collar working class and have to claw their way up the ladder so to speak. He'd resent that. And them, for not being the best of the best of the best. Maybe a neighbor or a 'childhood' friend was uppercrust and totally made him feel inferior. I have to definitely put more thought into it~

OH! WEAPON! Yes, yes he does. Stae helped me with that, gave me an amazing idea and if I have some time I'mma try and sketch it out. But it's a scythe that has metal webbing like a dream catcher that he uses to reap dreams, as well as in his FEAR.

Kyribird

Aged Codger

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 am
First of all.. he LOOKS AWESOME. I love the art and his whole appearance.

I was wondering if his "I really don't give a s**t" syndrome is something that he will grow out of? I know most teenagers suffer this and for the most part a good environment can work this out of them .. or they just grow out of it.

How will he react if some ghoul or boil falls head over heels for him.. but he find that an allegiance with them would not benefit him in the least. Would he be outright mean? Would he ignore them completely?

How quick would he be to challenge someone he views as competition? There are a lot of strong, influential, good looking, etc kids in the school. Would he walk in the first day, find the strongest guy, and offer him out right there?

How would he react if he found himself being manipulated, or that he had been manipulated and just discovers it for the first time? Especially if this discovery is made in front of other people? Would he be embarassed, angry or would his pride keep him from showing that in front of others?

I don't really find anything wrong with him (and I am no expert on the FEARs but I like his a lot) but I was curious on further personality details. XD Teenage angst and attitudes are so fun.

I am also interested in his family and history that leads up to entering school. This could give good information to back up his personality.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 am
Hee, thank you! I'm very fond of his appearance too xD Thanks to a few awesome people who brainstormed with me for clothing/weapon ideas <333

For his "I don't give a s**t" syndrome - I'm not sure. I'd like for him to grow beyond that, and in the right circumstances it may lessen, but I doubt he'll ever be anything less than selfish and looking out for #1. There may eventually be a few people who count as far as "This would be beneficial to actually give a s**t about" but I think he will always put himself first and without shame in doing it.

If someone falls for him and the alliance doesn't at all benefit him, he'd probably see if they know anyone who could possibly be of use in the least. If someone's head over heels for him, chances are he has some kind of power/leeway to make them his minion. He may use that to his advantage. IF there's absolutely no way he can see it working to his favor, he likely would completely ignore them. If they kept being a nuisance, I don't see him being polite about telling them to screw off.

Dru wouldn't be super quick to challenge someone outright unless they pushed the wrong buttons and made him angry. Even then, he'd probably bide his time for the right opportunity. If that opportunity happens sooner than later, he'll jump on it. But he will NOT challenge anyone unless he feels he has the upper hand somehow. If you've ever played World of Warcraft and went into Karazhan, it's kind of like the chess board. Medivh cheats - and so does Dru. He's not exactly honorable in that regard. (Medivh also tends to get his a** kicked in chess. But that's beside the point >_> I think)

If Dru ever found himself being manipulated, I'm not sure whether or not he'd blame THEM, or himself, actually. It would be easier to blame them, but if he was manipulated there was obviously a fault within himself and - Oh he'd really not know what to think, really. It could go one of two ways: Rage...Or some sarcastic comment to try and convince people he was aware all along while inwardly calling himself a retard, followed by a tactical retreat.

I think rage would be funnier. Because rage =/= thinking clearly =/= advantageous.

I will definitely work a bit on his family dynamic and see what I can pull out of my a** XD

Kyribird

Aged Codger

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am
I'd like to know some more personality-wise, what does he enjoy doing and so on and so forth, rather than just the relationships he can possibly form. Every teen has angst, but what else? o 3o

I don't see anything really wrong with him? Hurrhurr-- SO. I think he is a sexy sexy mofo the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm
Added in some hobbies!
And art of his scythe <3

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm
Added some about his natural ability!~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:56 pm
Jasper and Horace had been left alone in Audley's office. Now, this was not normally a problem. However, today they were feeling . . . rambunctious. They wrestled, the chased each other, they made a huge mess of their master's office.

Now, they knew that Audley would not be pleased if she came back to her sanctuary and found it a mess, so they worked together to clean up the wreckage and then curled up together on her chair.

Audley smiled slightly at the sight of her fond familiars but had to wonder where that stack of applications had gotten to and why all the furniture was in a pile in the corner.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 pm
New-ish art for Dru!
Linked for huge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 pm
Still looking for crit smile  

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Just a portrait~

Also linked for huge  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:06 am
Would still like crit on Druvian smile  

Kyribird

Aged Codger

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:09 pm
Kyribird

Hi bby <3

Nat ability > is almost okay, but just make sure you have someone's approval before doing the dream harvesting, just to keep it to Y1 strength and not be too OP. Also, the whole "seeing and knowing what they dream about" might be a little much for Y1, so maybe setting some limitations could be best? i.e., he can only see a few seconds of it, or maybe he has a time limit of how long he can be in a dream, or maybe it's fuzzy, etc., etc. Just something to keep it within reason! Otherwise, I really like the whole equal exchange thing of him switching a dream with a nightmare!

FEAR > Seems very interesting, I like the idea of it a lot. Make sure that you pick out a FEAR mechanic, though! All FEARS need to have a mechanic attached, as you probably know. So I can't critique much on FEAR until a mechanic is attached - it might need a little tweaking, but the general idea is good!

Otherwise he seems very interesting, I really like this quest <3

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces