Reply Adult Furries Guild
Furry Conventions: Tips for a first timer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmerBunny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 pm
I'm hoping to go for a day to my first furry convention. Furry fan and possibly local furry in tow, of course! I was curious if there's anything I should know for these types of events?

I've been to Sci Fi, Anime/Comic, and Tech Conventions. So, I can deal with ... oddness? *chuckles* I dunno. Just thought I'd ask around or advice here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:43 am
Bring a car air freshener and wear it as a necklace, that way you will never notice the body odors around you. This also works with computer shows (first hand experience with the odors when I was young), anime conventions, sci-fi conventions, and many other events.

...That, or you could use some of that eucalyptus rub under your nose stuff for colds and sleeping at night.

Also, don't forget your deodorant! No need to contribute to the problem.
I have nothing useful to contribute. razz  

Garek Maxwell

Krazed Teen

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 am
Go with friends!!!
&
Get all the free stuff you can!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am
Eh sounds like you have plenty of con experience already. Furry cons are not that much different, I say this having been to a variety other than furry. If anything people tend to be a lot more friendly, though some overly so.  

Artemis Vulpes

EmerBunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm
Thanks for the helpful and funny advice everyone. I'm sure I'll have a great time. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 am
heart  

Insanely Insane-x

Af Mas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm
If you plan to get commissions done there, bring plenty of references and sometimes your own paper. Also, have your cell phone with you. Artists sometimes take your number and will text you when your commission is finished. That's nice to have 3nodding

Bring lots of cash sweatdrop Seriously, think about how much you might spend and then bring more than that. You never know what unexpected thing you might find you have to have, or what emergency might happen. Keep in mind what you intended to spend and only dip into that cushion if you need it. You've been to other cons before so you're probably no stranger to this idea, but for some reason I think furry cons are a bit different. That's just me though. I don't get as much out of Anime cons as I do furry cons sweatdrop

What else...uh...Be ready for fursuiters to just randomly touch you. It doesn't always happen, but it can, and if you're not okay with it, be polite about it. They're there to have fun too, so be respectful of them and they will (hopefully) return it in kind.

Just be open minded in general. I think there's a lot more variety of people at furry cons than at anime cons. Anime cons tend to have teenagers and early 20s as the average age, and while furry cons kind of skew that direction too, I think they have a much wider range. I say this because if you see and old dude carting around a cart of chihuahua plushies (As I have), they could still be a cool person. Just saying razz

That's all I can really think to add. If you have con experience this won't be much different than ones you been to. Like I said, I prefer them now to anime cons because I get more out of them. Anime cons are just so saturated with crappy cosplayers and stupid kids it gets tiresome. I was like that once, but I want to distance myself from that, especially since it doesn't exactly foster good memories for me >.> Moreso resentment. But I digress  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 pm
...DON'T GO ALONE.

And remember, that is not a flashlight.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 am
[-Erik-]
...DON'T GO ALONE.

Cons are illuminated with the power of glow sticks!

And hands off my fleshlight.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm
rofl Ah, I love this thread now.

@Af Mas - Thank you for the advice. I'm certainly putting away as much as I possibly can for just a day trip. May be next year, I'll stay for the whole con. Again, thank you!  

EmerBunny

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm
Artemis Vulpes
[-Erik-]
...DON'T GO ALONE.

You're right, let me correct my statement.

THAT IS NOT A GLOWSTICK.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 am
Posting is a BIG HELP. 3nodding  

Insanely Insane-x

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm
Chastity belt. That is all.

You will need it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:50 pm
Artemis Vulpes
[-Erik-]
...DON'T GO ALONE.

Your sig is coffinberry's work no? I love it ^^  

Phanna Talia

Mythical Animal

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bookworm 100

Phanna Talia

Mythical Animal

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm
One thing alot of folks aren't mentioning about furry cons (mind you I've never been to one..but have heard ALOT of folks mention this) Be Prepared for hugs, glomps, etc. The one thing most people are not afraid to do is hug strangers in suits at cons ^^ Other then that be careful and Have fun  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff