Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Into the Craft Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:48 pm
Well, recently, the "calling" I have has been much stronger. I keep having nature dreams. Well, in my favourite natury kinda places, and I feel (what I call) "magical". That feeling of energy inside and around me.

... I just wanted to share this.

You guys ever get that feeling?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm
My calling had more to do with an orgasm than anything else.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, recently, the "calling" I have has been much stronger. I keep having nature dreams. Well, in my favourite natury kinda places, and I feel (what I call) "magical". That feeling of energy inside and around me.

Not in dreams...though that may happen later on down the road....

But when I sit down and take the time to look around and start "feeling" things around me I start to feel a connection to the energies of the universe and I get the urge to use it somehow. Usually a place with water will do this since it's easy to watch the ripples and get connected that way and the way light is reflected really captures me too.... But I also have to feel comfortable to feel anything if I'm out doors, too hot or too cold and I'm too distracted to feel the energies around me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 am
Viz_22
Azareas Aquarinus

Not in dreams...though that may happen later on down the road....

But when I sit down and take the time to look around and start "feeling" things around me I start to feel a connection to the energies of the universe and I get the urge to use it somehow. Usually a place with water will do this since it's easy to watch the ripples and get connected that way and the way light is reflected really captures me too.... But I also have to feel comfortable to feel anything if I'm out doors, too hot or too cold and I'm too distracted to feel the energies around me.

Same here. Water is the element I work with best.

When I'm at a beach I take in what's around me. And when I enter the ocean I have a feeling of home. Of belonging.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm
The only time I seem to enjoy the beach is when I'm at a deserted part and it's after a major storm because the water's everywhere on the shore in massive "puddles" that you have to wade in or walk all around it *inconvenience though*. But it's so amazing and looks like it belongs in a fantasy dream or something. Otherwise the sun makes me uncomfortable and I'm blinded by the sand D: Plus I'm not a fan of large crowds of people. I even like being at the mall when it's empty, it's peaceful and what not.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 am
i agree with viz i don't like being around crowds of people to me it just ruins the feeling. other then that i love the beach. biggrin  

sorandroxas

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am
Viz_22
The only time I seem to enjoy the beach is when I'm at a deserted part and it's after a major storm because the water's everywhere on the shore in massive "puddles" that you have to wade in or walk all around it *inconvenience though*. But it's so amazing and looks like it belongs in a fantasy dream or something. Otherwise the sun makes me uncomfortable and I'm blinded by the sand D: Plus I'm not a fan of large crowds of people. I even like being at the mall when it's empty, it's peaceful and what not.

Same. When I was at the beach last Summer, I swam quite a bit out to get away from people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:09 pm
The "Calling" is actually part of what brought me back to learning about everything.
I'm sure I've had some misinformation at times so I'd like to get that cleared up of course- but sometimes I'll be sitting there, either at home or outside, and it feels like it's sort of tugging at me to learn more and be a part of it... if that makes any sense.
Even during the years I stopped associating with those beliefs and stopped trying to educate myself on it, the little tug never went away.

Not quite sure what it is, but no harm in following it to see where it leads.
Even if I don't take it up as my personal belief/religion, it's some more understanding and knowledge.  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 pm
If you're inspired to spirituality or acts of witchcraft by certain places, that's really nice. But I don't nescessarily think being drawn to particular terrains or bodies of water speaks as a religious 'calling', - plenty of people have similar feelings for a certain type of place or landscape, without it being religious, spiritual, or otherwise. I think it's just human nature to have a preference for certain places, places that put us at ease, inspire us, or give us pleasure.

My calling wasn't ever to a place, but instead to a specific purpose.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 pm
I know it took you a long time to get there, Morg, but hearing you say so makes me a little jealous razz I'm still in the process of working out what my own calling is. (Well, half of it. Admittedly I don't know what the gods of the North want me for, if indeed they want me "for" anything; I'm simply happy that they want me and leave that at that.)  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am
Rosalind Hawk
The "Calling" is actually part of what brought me back to learning about everything.
I'm sure I've had some misinformation at times so I'd like to get that cleared up of course- but sometimes I'll be sitting there, either at home or outside, and it feels like it's sort of tugging at me to learn more and be a part of it... if that makes any sense.
Even during the years I stopped associating with those beliefs and stopped trying to educate myself on it, the little tug never went away.

Not quite sure what it is, but no harm in following it to see where it leads.
Even if I don't take it up as my personal belief/religion, it's some more understanding and knowledge.

Same here. All that's been happening to me, apart from the fact I believe in the God and Goddess, or "the One", and class myself as Neo-Pagan.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 am
Morgandria
If you're inspired to spirituality or acts of witchcraft by certain places, that's really nice. But I don't nescessarily think being drawn to particular terrains or bodies of water speaks as a religious 'calling', - plenty of people have similar feelings for a certain type of place or landscape, without it being religious, spiritual, or otherwise. I think it's just human nature to have a preference for certain places, places that put us at ease, inspire us, or give us pleasure.

My calling wasn't ever to a place, but instead to a specific purpose.

I've had that, too. The pull to go deeper into learning.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I've had that, too. The pull to go deeper into learning.

My calling wasn't to learning. In fact, I found higher education to be sort of pointless, after a couple years - I'd rather be doing things with my hands.

My calling instead was to service.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 am
I don't really know if I have found my calling. Well, can wanting to help other people with healing their wounds be considered a 'calling'?  

Lady Keigh

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:15 pm
I say yes, because you're being called to help people by some part of you.

As for my calling, I feel pulled and called to my God and Goddess. Water just helps to calm me. But the energies of water have always captured my attention, especially now that I seem to be able to tell if rainfall is happy or sad... I just pick up on the energy that it gives off and what not.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games