Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Darn you costume designers... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you mind if the costume designers gave less revealing outfits to female characters?
  I'd love it if they did.
  I could care less how they're dressed.
  I'd write and complain.
View Results

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am
SOLIDNSNAKE
ContrabassClarinetist
Dude, Tifa would look awesome if she had the right armor. I don't like that people think of women as eye candy for video games; it's demeaning.
they arent real people, video game characters dont have feelings.

I don't think the issue is that it's demeaning to the characters, but to women in general. Maybe it's subconscious, but to an extent, I think people do take their views of characters and transfer them to women in real life.

Not to an extent that I think it's worth sacrificing aesthetics, though. I reiterate that I really don't mind revealing outfits, as long as their whole purpose isn't to be revealing. I don't mind most character designs; really the only ones I have a problem with are some specific dresspheres.

Also, as for what you said? Rikku, eh, maybe. She's at least got a kind of playful personality that does lend itself to some of the crazier outfits. But come to think of it, Paine is actually probably the worst offender. I just do not see her as the type of person who would willingly wear this under normal circumstances. Even her freaking White Mage outfit has to go and show her stomach. Looking at that, it honestly does not look like a purely design choice to me; frankly, I think it looks stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 pm
Ravenwolf
SOLIDNSNAKE
ContrabassClarinetist
Dude, Tifa would look awesome if she had the right armor. I don't like that people think of women as eye candy for video games; it's demeaning.
they arent real people, video game characters dont have feelings.

I don't think the issue is that it's demeaning to the characters, but to women in general. Maybe it's subconscious, but to an extent, I think people do take their views of characters and transfer them to women in real life.

Not to an extent that I think it's worth sacrificing aesthetics, though. I reiterate that I really don't mind revealing outfits, as long as their whole purpose isn't to be revealing. I don't mind most character designs; really the only ones I have a problem with are some specific dresspheres.

Also, as for what you said? Rikku, eh, maybe. She's at least got a kind of playful personality that does lend itself to some of the crazier outfits. But come to think of it, Paine is actually probably the worst offender. I just do not see her as the type of person who would willingly wear this under normal circumstances. Even her freaking White Mage outfit has to go and show her stomach. Looking at that, it honestly does not look like a purely design choice to me; frankly, I think it looks stupid.

lol ehh i was talking look wise i think they pulled it off, as for character wise nope. only person who would pull it off is rikku.all ff10-2 was was ff barbie girls lol  

TimithyEcho

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:36 pm
Thank you people for taking this seriously. (Most of you anyway.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 am
What really bugs me is when female characters have 'armour' that doesn't protect anything vital. xD Like, oh, hello, my armour protects my shoulders, underboob, hips and shins, because obviously no one will ever hit me anywhere else. Or like, Lightning's little skirt? Sure, she's got bicycle shorts under it, but if she's military why is she even wearing a skirt? They could've easliy made those shorts.

I'd love to see female characters in really heavy armour.  

ArikaiHart

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:43 am
Well, at least you have Aqua? (I actually don't like her normal outfit at all; I wish at least she and Terra would wear their armor all the time. biggrin ) It's not technically full armor, but given the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts, it'd be pretty hard to pull off some of the stunts they do if it were. I mean, you can at least semi-justify only wearing pieces of armor when full armor would inhibit their movement so much, for any character.

The skirt, though... Nope, got no practical justification for that.  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff