Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Heartbreaking...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A couple of weeks have gone by since the floods in Pakistan have flowed and the number of people effected by this are staggering & record breaking.

Over 20 MILLION PEOPLE. That is MORE THAN THE COMBINED TOTAL of the 2004 Tsunami, the 2005 Kashmir earthquake, the 2010 Haiti earthquake, and the American Katrina disaster.

Ignorance never ends, a recent poll was taken in America on whether if they would donate or have donated to Pakistan or not. 67% DO NOT wish or want to help Pakistan. And as for the donations that are being sent… 60% of aid needed now, has not been delivered.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 pm
That is really terrible! May Allah (swt) bless the people of Pakistan...

In regards to Aid money:

1) I would be nervous that Pakistani government would somehow corrupt it. Like say, not give it to them! I dont trust that government.

2) A lot of Pakistani families are being given aid from terrorist organizations. Mosque Bombers...Azubillah. World commentators are being critical of this, but if a KKK member gave me, my husband and kids (hypothetical kids) food and clothes I'm not about to turn it down!

Does anyone know some reliable charities which give to Pakistan?  

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 am
I really don't understand why people care less for things like this especially people who are involved are MUSLIMS...

just try to imagine it... the number of victims is way way way way way way way way way way way larger than any disastrous catastrophe that happened to any country... when christian countries encounter calamities, reinforcements from other countries comes very fast... but when it happens to Muslim countries, it seems nobody wants to help... quantity of victims doesn't matter...

that's terrible...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 pm
I guess most people have an off switch whenever things involving Muslims are presented, like the effects of a natural disaster.

If I could find a charity to send relief over there, I'd donate to it. And as far as I know, the disaster itself only got a few days' coverage here. Maybe three or four. Only heard about a few aid organizations being able to get there, too, one of the hospital ones and a few countries sending aid through the military?

After that, it was right back to the latest Tweet Sarah Palin had screwed up her spelling on. -.-;  

Silver Nephil

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:21 pm
Silver Nephil
I guess most people have an off switch whenever things involving Muslims are presented, like the effects of a natural disaster.

If I could find a charity to send relief over there, I'd donate to it. And as far as I know, the disaster itself only got a few days' coverage here. Maybe three or four. Only heard about a few aid organizations being able to get there, too, one of the hospital ones and a few countries sending aid through the military?

After that, it was right back to the latest Tweet Sarah Palin had screwed up her spelling on. -.-;

I donate my Zakat to a charity called Islamic Relief, they have a US site, UK site and Worldwide site. I trust them very much, masha Allah.

http://www.islamicreliefusa.org/

When I have a better job I would like to sponsor an Orphan through them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm
ow my............ emo  

CakeColour

Dapper Connoisseur

17,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 am
thats crazy